1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Simple way to use the ABV

Discussion in 'Cooking with Cannabis' started by TooflessGranny, Jul 11, 2014.

1. TooflessGranny

TooflessGranny Member

I'm basically a pretty lazy individual, even without being high. I decided to experiment with my first batch of ABV to see if I could come up with something that didn't involve actual cooking. :razz:

I ground it up using a mortar and pestle, then put about half of that into a little Tupperware container. I added some olive oil to cover, snapped the lid on, and let it sit for a few days and tried a teaspoon. Nothing.

Then yesterday, a hot day here in Seattle, I decided to put the Tupperware container on the western-facing window sill of my computer room. I forgot about it, so it sat there in the sun from about 2:00 p.m. until I remembered it at dusk when opening my blinds.

I ate it this morning, mopping it up with some bread, and lo and behold! It worked! :rofl:

Phineas and 215z like this.
  2. Phineas

Phineas New Member

This afternoon I have eaten a sandwich of peanut butter with a spoon of AVB. The effect is really cool, and the flavour of AVB gets unnoticed. I'm combining it with some vapor shots listening to Soft Machine's "Third" at maximum level. What an experience. I'm going to use it in a caprese salad next time.

RUDE BOY and Maine420 like this.
  3. hd_rider

hd_rider Well-Known Member

You folks have me thinking I need to start saving my ABV !

Maine420 and CarolKing like this.
  4. Maine420

Maine420 GROOVY GRANNY

I've got the munchies now....maybe it's time to try it myself!

5. Phineas

Phineas New Member

Yesterday I used it in a sandwich but drinking a strawberry milkshake with some cream for great effect. I'm saving all my ABV, since everyday I discover new uses for it: oil, butter, sandwiches, milkshakes...

grokit likes this.
  6. Maine420

Maine420 GROOVY GRANNY

Hmmmm.... Probably go great mixed in with a coffee too! Just think!

7. thejonny2014

thejonny2014 Active Member

Wait, do you have to cook the ABV or do you just simply digest it?

If you dont have to cook it, then why cant you just eat straight herb and get high?

8. hanfhead

hanfhead is high

ABV has already been heated so it is decarboxylated.

macbill likes this.
  9. thejonny2014

So you can just put it in anything and eat it? Or even eat it straight!

10. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Johnny, It's best to mix the ABV with butter or some type of oil. You can mix with peanut butter too. That way it works better. The good stuff in the cannabis binds to the oil and is better digested and utilized by the body. A peanut butter milkshake is always good.

When I made my ABV into a peanut butter milkshake I did heat my ABV and peanut butter together in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 min. I used too much and got too medicated. Be very careful ABV can be very potent.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Snappo, sasNW and grokit like this.
  11. thejonny2014

Thanks for the pointers :) why did you heat it?

12. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I heated my peanut butter in the microwave and added the ABV. Heated peanut butter for a total of two min with some chocolate chips then added the ABV the last 20 seconds.

I didn't expect it to work, was just experimenting. I used way too much and got too medicated. It was awful. Start slowly, I didn't think it was working so after an hour I had more and I should have waited longer. Wait 2 hours before you ingest more.

So the microwave didn't hurt the potency in any way,

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Snappo, FUnhouse and sasNW like this.
  13. Gunky

Gunky Well-Known Member

I grind ABV to a fine flour in a rotary coffee grinder. I put the finely ground abv into a glass jar (from 16 oz Adams peanut butter), maybe half or 2/3 full, and heat oil in a saucepan to very hot but not smoking. I use either olive oil or corn oil. Olive is perhaps a bit better. I then carefully decant this hot oil into the glass jar containing the abv. I've done it many times and the glass has never shattered. Be cautious about the glass if you try this - do it in the sink and have glasses on just in case. I don't measure real carefully but I aim to have the oil level be somewhat higher than the abv alone. The hot oil seethes and bubbles for a little while in the jar and I will usually give it a stir with a spoon. I let it cool in a dark place, covered tightly. After an hour or two the oil separates into two layers, thick, dark ABV sludge on the bottom and mainly clear, greenish oil on the top. I usually pour the oil layer through a coffee filter (kept special for this purpose). You have to experiment with dosage, starting small. One or two tablespoons is usually enough to get me very ripped for several hours. I have a huge tolerance so start with about half a tablespoon. Sometimes I use the filtered oil to make brownies from a store-bought mix.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    CarolKing, fft and Snappo like this.
  14. fft

fft Well-Known Member

I like this method. Quick & dirty, yet effective.

Deja Vu likes this.
  15. Gunky

Gunky Well-Known Member

The taste ranges from mildly bad to fairly vile! When taking it straight I chase immediately with a swig of hot tea or other beverage. Depending on how long you leave the oil in your mouth you can absorb some thc right there and get a short contact high from mouth and tongue. The rest comes on an hour or two later. A good brownie mix completely covers the taste of the oil.

I never use ABV that included hash, because when I vape hash I sandwich it between flowers. I then vape the heck out of it, so when used for oil it comes out opaque (usually would be transparent), tastes particularly awful and isn't very potent.

CarolKing likes this.
  16. Deja Vu

Deja Vu Deviant fetish sex

Never throw it out man, it's still good! Even put it aside and give it to friends who smoke so they can use it in joints/blunts as filler.

camillasappho and CarolKing like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors