1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Similar to Pax Ploom but Cheaper?

Discussion in 'ABV' started by reshark, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reshark

reshark New Member

Are there any vaporizers out there that are similar to Pax Ploom but don't cost $250?

2. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Yes. A used Pax :D

FlashVape is an excellent portable, but it is not as small as Pax and resembles a flashlight rather than an iPod. At only $129.99 it is an awesome value. It also relies on the user to press and hold a button to activate the heat, so it is not automatic like Pax. Users can swap out the battery which is a plus. IMO the flavour on the FlashVape is superior to Pax as well.

If you don't mind butane run units, the Hammer is supposed to be good too and on sale for around $100 I think.

3. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

I don't have any sub $250 vapes. I will tell you this, if you are looking at the Pax, I would just save a little longer and get it. The flashvape might be awesome as well, but it's most likely not as stealthy and portable. The Pax is one of the few that holds that distinction and is also easy to use :-)

Tweek likes this.
  4. Dr. Plutonious

Dr. Plutonious Well-Known Member

I have heard the rumour before that the Pax needs frequent cleaning to remain effective in extraction. Any truth to that?

5. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

What do you mean by similar? There are a few options for a small vaporizer that don't cost 250$, but they won't have the same performance either.

Yes.

OF likes this.
  6. charliedontsurf

charliedontsurf Glassblower

Solo is sweet at $160ish.

dragonspeak, mvapes, Adobewan and 2 others like this.
  7. VapeStL

VapeStL Active Member

I've been on the fence about buying a Pax, haven't used one though. Sounds like the screen needs cleaning every so often, just like w/a regular pipe. Not a deal breaker IMO.

newVaper420 likes this.
  8. max

max This space available Staff Member

I'm still perfectly happy with my Davinci, and it is available for less than the Pax- much less if you're willing to risk buying from an unauthorized dealer. Like the Pax, it's a pocket vape, and whether you need stealth or not is a big consideration as to what's good to buy.

If you don't get back on the forum pretty soon and read your responses, you'll end up wondering where your thread went. :uhoh:

newVaper420 and OF like this.
  9. jay87

jay87 Member

Effective in extraction?

I use high quality material with my pax and regardless of whether or not it has been cleaned i get large clouds of vapor and never have problems with the quality of the vapor.

A pax needs to be cleaned because otherwise the mouthpiece connector collects residue and it makes the pax act as if you removed the mouthpiece instead of heating up like normal.

I've personally been cleaning my pax about once a week and haven't had any problems.

I'd recommend the pax, the downsides of the pax are that you have to clean it and that its expensive, the upsides of the pax are that it's the perfect vaporizer for me, and arguably the best portable there is right now.

reshark and newVaper420 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors