Shrooms and Cancer........Fascinating Study....

MinnBobber

lwien

Interesting that one dose lasted 6 months or more in keeping depression and anxiety away.

Yup. That one outcome out of this study blew me away.

"So let me ask you dear patient. Do you want me to prescribe to you some anti-depressents and some anti-anxiety meds that you need to take daily and may make you feel like a zombie every day or.............do ya want some shrooms that you take once every 6 months?"

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I've been trying to get into one of those studies for the past 2-3 years but the list of qualified cancer patients, like myself, is a long one. Right now I can only hope they open up a new study as the others have been completed. It would be a dream come true!

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I remember seeing an episode of Drugs Inc. about Psychedelics (years back when it aired, so I can't be totally sure about the details), and one of the parts was about this guy who had debilitating cluster headaches that had him seriously considering suicide.. He was desperate, someone suggested mushrooms, so he got some and apparently they're like a miracle for his condition.. IIRC He'd eat an eighth once a month and it would keep them away for a month or so.. Not a bad routine IMO :D cluster headaches or not! ;) He goes on at one point about how nothing else he tried showed any hope, so he's forced to break the law to be able to live a functional life.

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
I remember seeing an episode of Drugs Inc. about Psychedelics (years back when it aired, so I can't be totally sure about the details), and one of the parts was about this guy who had debilitating cluster headaches that had him seriously considering suicide.. He was desperate, someone suggested mushrooms, so he got some and apparently they're like a miracle for his condition.. IIRC He'd eat an eighth once a month and it would keep them away for a month or so.. Not a bad routine IMO :D cluster headaches or not! ;) He goes on at one point about how nothing else he tried showed any hope, so he's forced to break the law to be able to live a functional life.

I've seen a documentary on lsd that had some people with cluster headaches. They took out the psychoactive part of I'm not mistaken and the one guy didn't have one again.

The other guy promised his kids he'd never take an "illegal drug" so I guess would rather pull his own hair out while sucking down oxygen and feeling like an icepick was shoved through his eye socket instead of try something that actually would work :doh:

MinnBobber

And the rub is, they always have been and many wonderful properties nature gifts provide have been suppressed, for profit.

I think that's criminal.
Bolded above.....

IMO, the war on drugs is killing people/destroying people. Knowing what we know about cannabis, for example, those that hold to keeping it as Schedule 1 status should be tried as war criminals for crimes against humanity.
People are dying or suffering because cannabis is being suppressed and those responsible should face consequences for their actions.

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Yes exactly. People are so stuck on them being "illegal drugs" because of propaganda and think of them in an entirely different way. They don't realize that "medicine" - which are all ACTUALLY drugs as well, kill more people a year than lsd, shrooms, and marijuana combined ever! Because I'm pretty sure that number is zero for all three.

And then there's the whole argument of how psycoactives enhance your mind and consciousness and finally open up your eyes to the world...but there's really no point in even trying to get into it.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I'm a big believer in the many potentials of psychedelics in general... but I'm also a big fan of how fun they are too! :D
That same episode of Drugs Inc I mentioned in my last post, also (like that CNN article did at one point) dealt w/ people on their deathbeds using psychedelics to accept what was happening, w/ great results.
I've seen a documentary on lsd that had some people with cluster headaches. They took out the psychoactive part of I'm not mistaken and the one guy didn't have one again.

The other guy promised his kids he'd never take an "illegal drug" so I guess would rather pull his own hair out while sucking down oxygen and feeling like an icepick was shoved through his eye socket instead of try something that actually would work :doh:
What's the psychoactive part of LSD? what's left after it's removed? :shrug: I'm imagining something along the lines of Ergotamine :shrug:
I recall hearing about a study a while back where LSD showed much promise when treating a kids w/ autism (among other things), using sub-psychoactive doses; IIRC it seemed to connect certain pathways in the brain often allowing them to function more or less normal while it was in their system, w/o any impairment.. IMO/IME micro-dosing psychedelics holds much promise in many cases; sometimes things call for psychoactive doses though :D
I know from experience that Mushrooms are a very serious pain killer; but as far as I'm aware, you gotta pretty much be full blown tripping to get reap those benefits.. but damn are they effective! I swear I could've done surgery on myself if I had to, and not felt a thing.. probably wouldn't have made it too far though! :spliff:

Receptor

30yr.+ Cluster headache (survivor) aka Hortons disease.Study was done using syntetic version
of lsd, not using isolated psilocybin from natural plant material. Similar to cannabis with
high CBD ratios and or separation ( Marinol???). Some reading references......(appologies
for not able to link properly).Dead Head....all good...CANNABIS....LESS IS BEST!!!!

a. Los Angeles Times: Mushrooms take a trip back to the lab, Nov. 2006
b. Nature Medicine, Cluster busters 2007, vol. 13, number1, Jan. 2007
c.. Unauthorized Research on Cluster Headache, R.Andrew Sewel MD, Harvard Med
d. MAP, LSD and psilocybin in the treatment of cluster headaches, Harvard Med
e. Mycotopia, headaches and mushroom tea, Dr. Karl Buchanan
f. Mycotopia, psilocybe medicine, Dr. Karl Buchanan
g. Paul Stamets, mycelium running 2005

Hawaiin Morning Glory seeds has similar therapeutic compounds.

Ooops...sorry forback toback

Modnote: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

MyCollie

I would like to try this at some point. I'm going to call some contacts about the studies... perhaps I can work my way into one.

Anything that could help me cope with the death anxiety would be great. I've been through the wringer with this so many times with the recurrences. There are certain buffers to help suppress it but I have yet to manage it in a good way and I don't think I ever will.

Receptor

Sorry to hear @MyCoLife......truly understood.....(nature) answers are nearby and always has been.
Clusterbusters.org had some info/links on use, etc on shrooms since late 90's. Bob Wold and others
I believe grew their own.....just like Cannabis...dosage is impairative. Very do-able....but in the mean
time....new article...with similarities in terms of effect, intend. Best Wishes!!
Alternet.org, MDMA Could Be on the Market Legally by 2021

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
I'm a big believer in the many potentials of psychedelics in general... but I'm also a big fan of how fun they are too! :D
That same episode of Drugs Inc I mentioned in my last post, also (like that CNN article did at one point) dealt w/ people on their deathbeds using psychedelics to accept what was happening, w/ great results.
What's the psychoactive part of LSD? what's left after it's removed? :shrug: I'm imagining something along the lines of Ergotamine :shrug:
I recall hearing about a study a while back where LSD showed much promise when treating a kids w/ autism (among other things), using sub-psychoactive doses; IIRC it seemed to connect certain pathways in the brain often allowing them to function more or less normal while it was in their system, w/o any impairment.. IMO/IME micro-dosing psychedelics holds much promise in many cases; sometimes things call for psychoactive doses though :D
I know from experience that Mushrooms are a very serious pain killer; but as far as I'm aware, you gotta pretty much be full blown tripping to get reap those benefits.. but damn are they effective! I swear I could've done surgery on myself if I had to, and not felt a thing.. probably wouldn't have made it too far though! :spliff:
I'm not really sure, I might be mistaken but from what I could find in my very half assed google search, it's LSA that they use which is the pre curser to LSD.

Top Bottom