Should we be worried?

florduh

I've seen this study before and it did cause me some concern. I consume a decent amount of hemp CBD and CBG. I also had severe liver damage due to a bad reaction to acetaminophen. That's actually why I got into cannabis in my late 20's. I had unbearable pain and was unable to take any pain relievers due to the liver damage.

I'm pretty sure this is a "dose makes the poison" situation. Yes, the scientists claim they're using equivalent mouse doses to what humans would take. But that's not an exact science. Even their "maximum recommended dose" for Epidiolex in humans sounds high. 20mg/kg would be like a gram and a half of pure CBD per day.

I keep an eye on my bloodwork. Never have elevated liver enzymes despite high CBD intake. Important to remember that lab mice aren't humans. If they were nobody would get cancer or age since we've managed to more or less cure both conditions in mice.

florduh,
Reactions: shredder
I'm pretty sure this is a "dose makes the poison" situation. Yes, the scientists claim they're using equivalent mouse doses to what humans would take. But that's not an exact science.
They have forced a "shock liver" (ischemic hepatitis).

And yes, They only did a basic weight equivalent. which differs, specificaly for liver, As we don't had the same diet through the evolution. Exemple, Carnivorous assimilate protein efficiently, we don't. Mice enzymatic metabolism will be different than a basic linear weight correlation. Why that study can't be used as reverted posology.

Here, it is what an acute hepatotoxicity test gives at some ammount, for any drugs. poor little pinky and the brain..

Even their "maximum recommended dose" for Epidiolex in humans sounds high. 20mg/kg
Yes, it is high...
Sativex, in Europe, for sclerosis mostly in france, limit the posology to 30mg THC/CBD a day, diluated through the day. (30/62= 0.48mg/kg ! a day. I took the world average. not the American one, susceptiblity with their IMC .. :rofl::evil:)

To get back to the study.
They've shown a shocked liver starting at 615mg/kg (high billirubin, with limited ALT/AST). But Not in every mice.
I'm not talking about the 2000mg gavage.. and the lethargy.. low bloodstream.. ischemia.

However The 61mg/kg show better results than usual (lower GGT). While 184mg/kg already show a liver over-activity.(bilirubin increased, but normal ALT/AST)

The enzymatic activity is known, giving interaction with other drugs (hemorrhage with anti-coagulent, or statin canceling).

1:1 ratio thc:cbd being the most promising for medical use. And 100mg THC being already a good ammount. I would stay in that range for CBD posology.
And so, 3mg/kg (2×100mg) a day being already an high ammount. 6 times the sativex day limit posology.. still far from epidiolex 20mg/kg.. then there is no posology for epileptic crisis here.
Even if those mice had better liver results at 61mg/kg (enzymatic enhance?). We can't make a linear correlation.

Then i size my 000 caps afterward, my highness being the scale... :rofl::evil:

Last edited:
To those who want, and/or can go further.

72 genes for mice vs 27 for human (cytochromes p450)
Which may provide an over (or under?,) reactivity, to CBD here..

And that's only for the liver assimilation-reaction part.

Cannabinoides being neuro-active. The whole neurostructure is also to be taken into consideration.
Mice being easily prompt to "over-dose" at basic weight equivalence. Increased lethargy, bringing faster ischemia.

CBD playing with serotonin, which is the main difference between mice and human neurostructure..

Difference which makes that other study below, unrelevant.. rodent use for 5-HT.. :doh:

And there is also an astrocytes difference, bringing different response to oxidative stress between mice and humans.

Anyway, don't eat 1kg300gr (35 onces ..!) of 10% CBD strain.. (2000mg/kg..)

And Inhaling cannabinoides have shown way less drugs interactions than edibles. ingested CBD giving the most interaction, while THC inhalation has shown quite none.. for now.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I think we should definitely be worried - worried they are conducting these tests on animals.
"The goal of this study was to investigate Cannabidiol (CBD) hepatotoxicity in 8-week-old male B6C3F1 mice" :rolleyes:
Fuckin barbarians.

:peace:

VegNVape,
Reactions: florduh

C No Ego

I think we should definitely be worried - worried they are conducting these tests on animals.
"The goal of this study was to investigate Cannabidiol (CBD) hepatotoxicity in 8-week-old male B6C3F1 mice" :rolleyes:
Fuckin barbarians.

what about all the mice that have gotten into the pot stash and ate a whole lot of it gluttonous like !!?

C No Ego,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
what about all the mice that have gotten into the pot stash and ate a whole lot of it gluttonous like !!?
What about them? What are you even talking about?
I understand you are having a laugh but it's not really a funny subject. I guess it's easy to make jokes when it's not your own neck on the line, or your own species.

Sorry, but I really don't see any comedy value in animal testing.

VegNVape,
EWFwM6ZU4Ac_LaK.jpg

We've history data of pet falling into pot stash unfortunately..
And Kids getting intoxicated too, with un-decarbed flowers ingestion..

Easy edibles must stay away from them.

Yet, in france, as CBD is legal, some monkeys gavage themselves, getting scammed as being a "miracle" product..
All sold by switzerland..
Their datas gonna be more relevant...

"Rien qu'en me levant,
Je couches les ignorants."

UneOnceDeLumière,

checkyourlibido

Fuckin barbarians.

It's amazing how easily they can manipulate the mouse genome. Just by adding or removing a gene, they can understand what it does in the body. Mice are powerful tool for modelling specific diseases especially with mutations. That's just one of many benefits to using mice.

Hopefully one day we won't have to use any live creatures for any testing.

checkyourlibido,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
It's amazing how easily they can manipulate the mouse genome . . . . . . . Hopefully one day we won't have to use any live creatures for any testing
That's the thing - we don't actually have to, it is our choice to do so. But is not the choice of the sentient beings on which we conduct these experiments.

I am not going to get into this one any further as it is not what the thread is about, plus, it's probably not really a topic for FC - but I do have to call it out when I see it.

VegNVape,
Reactions: Summer
Mice are powerful tool for modelling specific diseases especially with mutations.
Not that much..
"Gene manipulation" is mostly/only about gene "choice". And As long as you deviate too much from the original, it died, or never get born.
They may make some become yellow, by killing their liver...
But we will never see a yellow one with electric sparks :rofl::evil: pika, pika..!

And about disease, it's the pig which has the most similarities with human. We share the same immuno system, and so exogenous disease. Why some religion forbid it, as politcal tool, to keep an healthier growth of population..
But here, i diverge from fucking "combustion"..:evil:

Hopefully one day we won't have to use any live creatures for any testing.
That's a wrong utopy. Any compound used, manufacturerd, synthetised, or natural from mother the whore earth, had to be "tested" the first time.
If it's not by "guinea-pig", they are called the "pioneer".
U don't even know how many pinky are in FC.. me, i may have an idea of what i want to do tonight..

Last edited:
UneOnceDeLumière,

GoldenBud

if the liver will have to convert some big amount of CBD to 7-Hydroxy-CBD and/or THCD9 to 11-Hydroxy-THC in short time I don't think it will accepted for long time. I think even ALT/AST/GPT indications in a blood test should be higher since how the liver have to be worked....
but with moderate amount of CBD/THC? I don't see much a problem, do your blood test every year and that's it....

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom