Should vaporizers be classed as medical devices?

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
E-cigs are being conflated with vapourizers a lot, and that's wrong. They are completely different delivery systems. In Ontario, they are considering a law that will put vapourizers under the same restrictions as smoking. This is a completely misguided knee-jerk reaction to e-cigs, but cannabis vapourizers are caught in the net.

^^^
This!!
I just read an article in which the Author lumped E-Cigs with dabbing atomizers , Regular E-cigs with tanks utilizing E-juice and desktop dry herb vaporizers, all into one category..

"Vaping"
Which of course is nonsense.

This article comes from a previously respected Author-The Cannabist..

View article here...
http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/11/25/vaping-dumbest-thing-ever/23719/

I believe it is essential to separate real vaporizers from the E-cig/box mod, mechanical mods etc.

On topic;
I consider my DBV as a medical apparatus, while I can not label my old pipes, and Zig-Zags as "Medicinal", rather the word therapeutic comes to mind.

I've seen many documentaries on Cannabis consumption, and I can recall at least 2 different occasions in which the Volcano was the delivery system. Both occasions depicted the Cano being used in a clinical setting.

However;
I reckon there are so many different variables, such as... A light bulb with a tube = vaporization, but not A medical apparatus.

Water Pipe/Bongs + Flame= not a medical apparatus.
That same bong + E-Nano(insert favorite Vape)= Medical delivery system.

When I first was enlightened with Vapor via my DBV, I had previously thought that oral consumption was the most "medicinal" Route of Administration.

A proper Vaporizer proved otherwise.
For example; I love, love,love a strong dose of edibles... Small doses, I take daily as a Vitamin, moderate doses acts as an Analgesic,Anti-Depressant/Anxiety, while a large dose covers all these issues, and also provides an almost psychedelic experience.

But, if I take the same exact large dose the very next day... The same effect is not achieved.

While Vapor is very consistent, it produces the exact same effect night after night.
I can even count the number of draws it will take to reach my desired effect. Even dialing in different strains.

Effective, Reliable and efficient, I most certainly consider my DBV to be a Medical Delivery System.

I like this Thread, love this site and all of its members!

So very proud/happy to be a part of the community.

Last edited:
Top Bottom