Should I transition from 14mm to 10mm joints? Benefits?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
For years, all I ever wanted were 14mm rigs and it has allowed me to amass a little collection of 14mm bangers that I really love.

Are there any benefits to downsizing to a 10mm rig/joints? Does it improve flavor? Does anyone in here only use 10mm rigs, and why?
Good question.. im also interested in the answer to this.. i just started buying things and went 14mm...

kellya86,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
looking at a new rig from Evol Empire and am stuck on the fence... either get the lava/azul piece that grabbed my attention, or get a larger clear one with 14mm joints and larger volume.

I think I am going with my gut, and the lava/azul piece with 10mm joints... time to hit up 710 for some new 10mm bangers!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
looking at a new rig from Evol Empire and am stuck on the fence... either get the lava/azul piece that grabbed my attention, or get a larger clear one with 14mm joints and larger volume.

Photos??!? :whip:

I think I am going with my gut, and the lava/azul piece with 10mm joints... time to hit up 710 for some new 10mm bangers!

I came across this very decision, and I had to get a really nice recycler with the colors, even though it was 10 mm, so I then ordered a bunch of 10 mm bangers from China and had to wait a while, but it was worth it now! The piece has great flavor retention with smooth hits, yeah smaller glass better flavor, but it can still do a lot of smoothing if it is well done recycler... I got some other more simple 10 mm shower head style pieces that I wouldn't really use for dabbing, so I got a 10 to 14 s shape drop down adapter, I use those with everything anyway, and it is really fun to have such small pieces sometimes...

Shit Snacks

Well... I locked it in!
Cant fucking believe I am going to own an EVOL!

the first piece you see in this video is it...

Congrats! Yeah 10 mm is a nice way to save a little money too especially with the fancy colors... Here is a screenshot:
Screenshot-20221017-113457.png

I absolutely LOVE these colors myself, and the function in the video of the clear one seems fantastic!! Cool mouthpieces too

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thanks! I cannot wait!!
I tried to put cost aside, the micro color was the same cost as the largest in clear...

I've always been so drawn to Jay Gordon's work, but admittedly have always been priced out. These are still pricy, but was within reach after selling a few badass giant scale remote airplanes this week!

He is calling this the All Day Rig and hopes to make many more at a lower price point than his previous multi-thousand dollar works.

Shit Snacks

I tried to put cost aside, the micro color was the same cost as the largest in clear...

Yeah that's the way, I don't think you will be disappointed with the small size at all, and you will love those colors in person, worthy value!!

I saw that, all day rig description, that's cool that he is trying to make things more accessible, in the function still seems so nice and unique ...

PS I am jealous of all the hobbies you have bro! I mostly just vape and consume entertainment lol (need to create more)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

MoltenTiger

Well... I locked it in!
Cant fucking believe I am going to own an EVOL!

the first piece you see in this video is it...
Yo that's sick, the hollow foot action is so cool. Always wanted a hollow foot piece, great visuals.

And what a rig too, awesome. Excellent choice going with colours. It's important to spoil ourselves from time to time. Coloured glass is worth the investment IME, but I already knew it would be, that's how you know if the ticket price is worth the ride. GAS.

Also dayum, Trap (apprentice of Freeek) who made most of my headies was rocking an EE rig, that's how I discovered them. Price was :whoa: But huge appreciation from skilled artists is what tips the scales that way.

Neat glass is part of the package I think, you can glimpse over it but it's a pity to, this one will be next level. No splash, perfect function and feedback. Got to love a hyper functional rig, something to cherish and enjoy daily I think.

Last edited:

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I like to use the torch on 10mm pieces and for e-rigs I like the 14mm.

10mm rigs often are very small and the 10mm bangers, terp slurpers, etc. are easy to clean with the q-tip.
I believe that smaller pieces give more flavour often and I want most vapor to deposit in my lungs, not in a big glass piece.

The 14mm are often a bit bigger and have enough stand to support a coil or something.
I also tend to deep-clean these bangers less often as I have to remove the coil. It would work fine with 10mm too of course.

rizlafreak

two dog star
I'm thinking to buy a ball vape, the qaroma lite. I would just buy it in 14mm, I don't think 18mm will benefit me, since i don't want to get huge hits and 14mm is large enough for the most... Would you suggest getting the 18mm chamber too since it'd be only 20-25 bucks more? I'd rather invest the money in a 14mm kickhole chamber...

rizlafreak,

Shit Snacks

I'm thinking to buy a ball vape, the qaroma lite. I would just buy it in 14mm, I don't think 18mm will benefit me, since i don't want to get huge hits and 14mm is large enough for the most... Would you suggest getting the 18mm chamber too since it'd be only 20-25 bucks more? I'd rather invest the money in a 14mm kickhole chamber...

This thread is about bangers for dabs specifically and glass pieces I guess, if your question is specifically about Qaroma size it would make more sense to post in that thread and ask other users?? More on their discord

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I'm all 14mm, too, ftmp... and often wondered about this myself...I may have to f-around and find out with something inexpensive...:hmm::brow:

and I've been seeing a lot of 5mm glass around lately....?! Seems kinda nutz to me if not crazy fragile...?:

Last edited:
Bologna,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've seen some slick 5mm rigs but IMO they are just novelty... I don't like the crosseyed effect and dabbing so close my eyes cannot focus, nor do I want to risk burning my nose.

After a year plus, I am quite happy with 10mm.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Oh, I have a question for you, @FlyingLow ... what about if I just use a cheap little reducer and maybe only buy a decent 10mm banger (or go 5mm even?) and use one of my older smaller pieces like this that I bought awhile ago... wdyt?:
aqua-lab-14mm-mini-dab-rig-705717.jpg

Or is it that important/critical that the whole rig/perc is designed around the intake size? I mean, is there a flavor difference w/size (yeah,yeah...:rolleyes:) or is it really more about form factor?

Last edited:
Bologna,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
looks okay but just gotta take one for the team and try it. It may hit well, it may not, it looks like it might. No telling from looks alone.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Bologna
Top Bottom