Should i freeze my tincture and then reheat it?

david8613

Should i freeze my everclear tincture with avb after it comes out of the magical butter maker over night and then reheat it all over again? I know it doesnt actually freeze the everclear just the plant matter. I read somewhere that freezing everything after its done and then reheating all over again helps break down the plants cellulose walls to release more of the good stuff. I have about another hour to go before its complete. I wanted a potent tincture so I ran it 8 hours. Maybe I should leave it like as is and not mess with it.

If freezing is recommended what other benefits do you get by doing this process.

david8613,

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Take a sample now. So you can compare the potency with the finished.
AVB should be decarboxylated already iirc.
I guess you do not want to cook too long, not to degrade the THC/CBD present. Just enough to get most desirables out and in the fat (sorry I mixed up it should read alcohol).
If the freezing helps depends on the condition the AVB is in beforehand. I guess it does not help alot in the case of AVB.
(And finely pulverised AVB will not profit any from the freezing.) (And also if the tincture doesn't freeze/solidifying there is little chance for better extraction)

Then if you like the stony kind you might like to cook longer to get more CBN into the mix. But I would try that later maybe. AVB edibles (also AVB tinctures) are anyway more towards the stony spectrum.

Edit: fat/alcohol error, sorry

Last edited:
Sick Vape,

david8613

I finished my tincture with out any freezing, plenty strong, half a dropper very nice feeling, slept like a baby and no pains!!! happy!

david8613,
Reactions: Sick Vape
Top Bottom