Sharing My Simple Canna Oil Recipe

Blurgistan

Hi There I'm a new member and wanted to share my simple edibles recipe as well as ask if anyone here has tried making strain specific edibles pr canna oils. If you've made strain specific edibles/oils do you notice much of a difference in the finished products ? I've been curious about this, but couldn't find much on the interwebz about strain specific edibles.

Here's my simple recipe for making edible cannabis infused oil:

I usually start with 10g flower decarbed in the oven at 220f for about 45-50 minutes. Some ovens aren't very accurate so a digital thermometer can be handy to make sure you don't go over 240f. I give the herb a course grind then simply put the 10 grams of flower into small pyrex dish & cover the top with aluminum foil. Slide it into the oven and wait for about 45 minutes while it decarbs. Once it's done take it out, leave the foil on top and let it cool off.
Next when it's cool I add about 5 ounces (150ml) of either liquid coconut oil, or preferably avocado oil (100% organic, non-gmo, cold pressed goodness). Put the foil back on top & into the oven again at 220f. In theory the herbs are already decarbed so you can probably lower the heat a little bit to 200f. I like to keep it at 220f just in case I can get a little more thca converted to thc. I'll keep it in the oven for around 2 hours. At the half-way mark I'll give it a little stir & back in the oven for the 2nd hour.
After the 2 hours take it out of the oven and let it cool for 20-30 minutes on the counter top. Final step is to line one of those really fine meshed stainless steel coffee filters with cheese cloth & strain the oil. Using cheese cloth & the ss coffee filter does a great job of removing most particulate matter from the oil. Also doing more of a course grind helps as well.
I put the oil into eye droppers & dose under the tongue for 5-10 minutes before swallowing it. I personally find that the taste is not bad at all, especially with the avocado oil (the flavors complement each other well imho).
What I personally like about this recipe is that it doesn't use any magical machines, you can add more or less flower depending on how strong you want it, same with the oil, and in about 3 hours you're all done. You can just swallow some straight from the eye dropper like I do, or you can cook with it. For me I find that about 1/4 to 1/3 of an eye dropper full is usually good, I should note that I'm a bit of a lightweight.
The downside to this one is that it does create odor, so keep that in mind.
Thanks for looking & hopefully answering my question about strain specific edibles.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Hi There I'm a new member and wanted to share my simple edibles recipe as well as ask if anyone here has tried making strain specific edibles pr canna oils. If you've made strain specific edibles/oils do you notice much of a difference in the finished products ? I've been curious about this, but couldn't find much on the interwebz about strain specific edibles.

Here's my simple recipe for making edible cannabis infused oil:

I usually start with 10g flower decarbed in the oven at 220f for about 45-50 minutes. Some ovens aren't very accurate so a digital thermometer can be handy to make sure you don't go over 240f. I give the herb a course grind then simply put the 10 grams of flower into small pyrex dish & cover the top with aluminum foil. Slide it into the oven and wait for about 45 minutes while it decarbs. Once it's done take it out, leave the foil on top and let it cool off.
Next when it's cool I add about 5 ounces (150ml) of either liquid coconut oil, or preferably avocado oil (100% organic, non-gmo, cold pressed goodness). Put the foil back on top & into the oven again at 220f. In theory the herbs are already decarbed so you can probably lower the heat a little bit to 200f. I like to keep it at 220f just in case I can get a little more thca converted to thc. I'll keep it in the oven for around 2 hours. At the half-way mark I'll give it a little stir & back in the oven for the 2nd hour.
After the 2 hours take it out of the oven and let it cool for 20-30 minutes on the counter top. Final step is to line one of those really fine meshed stainless steel coffee filters with cheese cloth & strain the oil. Using cheese cloth & the ss coffee filter does a great job of removing most particulate matter from the oil. Also doing more of a course grind helps as well.
I put the oil into eye droppers & dose under the tongue for 5-10 minutes before swallowing it. I personally find that the taste is not bad at all, especially with the avocado oil (the flavors complement each other well imho).
What I personally like about this recipe is that it doesn't use any magical machines, you can add more or less flower depending on how strong you want it, same with the oil, and in about 3 hours you're all done. You can just swallow some straight from the eye dropper like I do, or you can cook with it. For me I find that about 1/4 to 1/3 of an eye dropper full is usually good, I should note that I'm a bit of a lightweight.
The downside to this one is that it does create odor, so keep that in mind.
Thanks for looking & hopefully answering my question about strain specific edibles.
Thank you for taking the time to post this . I'm going to pick up some avocado oil and try it.

Top Bottom