Sexy sexy dabs & dabbing

GoldenBud

I remembered @invertedisdead & full melt hash when I saw this.
even the highest quality of bubble hash looks a bit darker than this, hence contains more cholorophyll, this is a whole another level... I'm not saying bubble hash isn't good, but this looks much better

it has been "dewaxed" or so, somehow... it's like taking bubble hash then removing the cholorophyll somehow

GoldenBud,

Farid

Dark does not necessarily mean it contains chlorophyll. Quality dark hashes come from the plant being cut later in flowering or the genetics itself. Some strains stay white, some get very amber.

Darkness is not really an indicator of quality, greenness however is. It's a dangerous trend too, since most people find white, light tan, and clear more appealing colors than amber. This encourages producers and breeders to go after certain strains, and some really great strains that don't have the bag appeal get sidelined.

I don't think it's been dewaxed, else you wouldn't have the grainy texture it has. I think it's just trichs that arent as waxy as a result of strain or grow conditions or something.

GoldenBud

Idk what he means by 90-103, asked him in IG, waiting for his reply, BUT, it's a whole another level than bubble hash - bubble hash:
1680964934595.jpg

1680964920376.jpg

1680964906217.jpg

Farid

Some good bubble hash looks much like what was posted. This for example:
Ed_Rosenthal_Pure_Pressure_The-History-of-Ice-Water-Hash.jpg

90-103 is the micron size. Bubble hash or dry sift can look pretty much the same, though making fully cleaned up bubble is easier than dry sift. Biggest difference is the ability to process fresh frozen with bubble, and the terp loss that happens when you use water.

GoldenBud

90-103 is the micron size. Bubble hash or dry sift can look pretty much the same, though making fully cleaned up bubble is easier than dry sift. Biggest difference is the ability to process fresh frozen with bubble, and the terp loss that happens when you use water.
You saw something like this in real life?! Wow

GoldenBud,

Farid

Not that pic specific picture, but yeah, I've seen bubble that looks tan like that. Using recent harvest, early pulled strains that don't get very amber will produce it, the green is easy to get rid of using the water sprayer carding technique. That and being very gentle on your mixing, and not mixing until the plant has had time to fully saturate.

Me personally I prefer the effects of a darker amber trich, and the taste of dry sift, but bubble is far easier to get to that super clean level at scale.

Madtater

The bubble hash i have at my house looks nothing like that.

It is a milk chocolate color powder. Literally if i sneeze that shit would go everywhere.

I have been mixing it with my flower in the roffu….a flower sandwich if you will. I was surprised to see what it looked like when i opened the container. It is a far cry from the tar hash i used to smoke when i was MUCH younger…..thought i got ripped off until i got ripped from the sandwich.

Madtater,

GoldenBud

The bubble hash i have at my house looks nothing like that.

It is a milk chocolate color powder. Literally if i sneeze that shit would go everywhere.

I have been mixing it with my flower in the roffu….a flower sandwich if you will. I was surprised to see what it looked like when i opened the container. It is a far cry from the tar hash i used to smoke when i was MUCH younger…..thought i got ripped off until i got ripped from the sandwich.
the bubble hash I've got always was darker than this picture too. but very sticky and strong
@Farid but in my pictures you can see why it's dark ye? chlorophyll and maybe 5-6% of h2o?

GoldenBud,

Farid

It's easy to fuck up bubble hash, and end up with something nomelt. Same way the kief in the bottom of a grinder is completely different from full melt dry sift.

I can try to bake a cake and it will be a far cry from what a skilled baker can make. Both are edible, but one is delicious.

Hardest part about bubble hash is drying properly (and having the patience to wait), mixing properly, and "carding" properly with the sprayer to remove any chlorophyll.

I'm not particularly great with bubble, but I've seen it done in front of my eyes. Dry sift I'm better with, mostly because I have better equipment for it. But even that I don't have the patience to go for 6 star full melt, since I'm just vaping it and not dabbing it.

To me that's the beauty of rosin. It's extremely easy for a novice to get pretty damn good.

Madtater

the bubble hash I've got always was darker than this picture too. but very sticky and strong
@Farid but in my pictures you can see why it's dark ye? chlorophyll and maybe 5-6% of h2o?
I will take a pic of it when i get home.

Mine isnt aticky at all. It literally looks like expired chocolate (those in the military will remember the chocolate bars in the MREs), is super dry and a fine powder.

Madtater,

Madtater

It's easy to fuck up bubble hash, and end up with something nomelt. Same way the kief in the bottom of a grinder is completely different from full melt dry sift.

I can try to bake a cake and it will be a far cry from what a skilled baker can make. Both are edible, but one is delicious.

Hardest part about bubble hash is drying properly (and having the patience to wait), mixing properly, and "carding" properly with the sprayer to remove any chlorophyll.
Maybe that is why it was only $11 for .5g at the dispensary…..maybe it was fucked up. It still worked as intended though for certain.

Madtater,

Farid

Most dispensaries aren't going to be able to scrafice the space and time needed to make good bubble. That and they dont have the knowledge. Some are learning, especially with hash rosin growing in popularity.

But yours Goldenbud looks like it had water in it and wasn't microplaned before drying.
And the starting material was probably very amber already.

I've given up on bubble because I think with rosin, I'm just as happy making half melt dry sift and then pressing it into hash rosin that way. Saves tons of room, is way easier, and allows instant gratification. The only big benefit bubble offers is being able to do large runs with huge amounts of product.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

But yours Goldenbud looks like it had water in it and wasn't microphones before drying.
it's been dried by a professional maker, it has 5-6% of h2o max, what you see are trichomes... take a second look, you're confused..i think..

GoldenBud,

Farid

The reason I was thinking that is because it's one solid mass. I get that consistency from pressing it, but if you want the consistency in the OP you have to microplane it and let it dry in a super thin layer. Otherwise it will dry in a clump, and hold moisture. That usually increases the darkness in color. Using a freeze drier also reduces the darkness because it speeds up the process reducing the air exposure (which contributes to oxidation).

florduh

I finally got to try some 5 star dry sift hash a few weeks ago. No pics cuz it's gone. More expensive than rosins but I like it better. Very full bodied flower like high.

Hard to find in most of the country though.

CYAA-8BWEAAvOC_.jpg

I wonder if commercially available dry sift will always be expensive. Given the labor involved.

Farid

This is a controversial take, but in many cases I prefer vaping half melt dry sift in a dry herb vape to dabbing full melt because of the clean up involved. The little bit of plant matter makes the hash less prone to sticking to the vape, but the flavor is close enough to what you get with dabbing full melt. Dabbing on a totallly clean rig tastes better, but it's a pain to maintain that level of cleanliness.

Same goes for those who roll 100% hash joints (basically just a tube made of hash on a glass mouthpiece, no paper). If you try to roll full melt it will melt too easily and be impossible to smoke. Half melt is a happy medium.

Farid,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Dark hash can come from tons of things;
one of the main ones is from over-working the material, which creates more contaminants.

Also back in the day bubble was more-so something people made from trim and old leftover scraps; with the rosin revolution people are dedicating entire fields just for making great hash.

Genetics matter. Trichome maturity matters. Growing conditions matter.
Air dry vs freeze dry. Pressed vs un-pressed. Micron range of the bags used - some use a very wide range of collection bags in their hash, others only save the very best.

There’s a lot of variables.

GoldenBud

Dark hash can come from tons of things;
one of the main ones is from over-working the material, which creates more contaminants.

Also back in the day bubble was more-so something people made from trim and old leftover scraps; with the rosin revolution people are dedicating entire fields just for making great hash.

Genetics matter. Trichome maturity matters. Growing conditions matter.
Air dry vs freeze dry. Pressed vs un-pressed. Micron range of the bags used - some use a very wide range of collection bags in their hash, others only save the very best.

There’s a lot of variables.
but it's usually plant matter/cholorophyll that is fallen into the holes....

GoldenBud,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
but it's usually plant matter/cholorophyll that is fallen into the holes....

^^^^^^
Which can easily result from -

Too much ice.
Not enough ice.
Not enough water.
Ambient working temperatures too hot.
Dry brittle material not being sufficiently re-hydrated.
Washing for too long.
Washing too aggressively (washing machine versus gentle canoe paddle)

Tons of ways to mess it up, that's why hash is more of an "art" than a "science."

Also in specific regards to "contaminants" the more wide range of wash bags used presents more opportunties for debris to make its way through the larger micron sieves. That's why certain micron grades are generally more desirable than others. :2c:

Top Bottom