Self Made Vaporizer Can Save Bucks

JoeKickass

I was browsing to see if it was safe to use a bit of tinfoil in my pax (rather than a pipescreen, as a spacer for small loads) and I found this gem from 2008:

~~~

Self Made Vaporizer Can Save Bucks
Rickey Hussey
http://www.articlesfactory.com/articles/health/self-made-vaporizer-can-save-bucks.html

A vaporizer is a device used to enjoy smoking without charring herbs. It produces vapor after heating the herbs to a certain temperature, which is inhaled to enjoy intoxication. This device is of various kinds and is manufactured by various companies. No doubt, the market is full of a wide range of vaporizers, but a person can make one like them at home as well.

This can save several bucks.

If one wants to make a vaporizer from household stuff, one can do it simply by following certain steps:

a) First of all a plastic bottle (:doh:), Aluminum Foil, Tape, Straw, smoking Herb, and Lighter or Match are taken and two holes are made into the cap of the bottle. After that a straw is taken and put through one of them. Here one must make sure if the hole is air tight, if need be, some tape should be put around it at the cracks. As far as the other hole is concerned, it is meant for breathing in the vapor.

b) The bottle is cut out at the bottom part and it is taped with a piece of aluminum foil fitting tightly and closely around the edges, so that there should be no passage like hole or crack to allow air get in.

c) Now the cap is unscrewed and the herb one wants to smoke is put through the top of the bottle. Then the cap is screwed back firmly ensuring if the straw is onto the almost finished vaporizer.

d) Now comes the time for heating the herb which is done with the help of a lighter putting it under the aluminum foil. Soon after the herb starts liberating whitish vapor. At this moment the hole without straw is covered with finger till there is enough amount vapors inside. Then the hole is released and the vapor is inhaled through the straw.

While doing all these things, there are certain things which one should never forget.

• There should be no crack left and all the holes must be airtight.
Aluminum foil liberates harmful burnt chemicals when heated with a lighter, so it is awfully hazardous for the lungs.
• At the same time one must know that it is not exactly vaporization, because the way it is heated, it starts combusting the herb which burn the active ingredients without turning them into vapor. It is better and safer to go for vaporizer with temperature control device.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Gotvape is a leading Vaporizer Videos website. It's mission to become #1 website for Homemade Vaporizer and Space Case Grinders searches.

~~~

So basically it's like doing hard drugs off foil with a plastic bottle on top... but with cannabis. And I love at the end how the author acknowledges the health risks, then mentions they are actually a vaporizer dealer :lol:

Please, if you read this and want to make a DIY vaporizer, just make a lightbulb vape. Or better yet, buy a ubie or gnome for cheap :nod:

Last edited:
Top Bottom