Seeking Artist For Custom Painting of an E-Nail's: Aluminum Enclosure

Howdy everyone! If you have a moment and some insight I would love your help!

I love the look of D-Nail's custom painted control units and have wanted to do something like that for awhile! I've recently started working on a second aluminum enclosure for a future enail. Thanks to D-Nail's influence I've decided that I want to "fancy it up" a bit by adding some artwork to the outside of the case. I'm interested in finding an artist/painter whom I can pay to actually paint a design onto it. I've spent a good amount of time searching with no luck, nor do I know where to find and commission talented but affordable artists.

My question for you is: Does anyone know of a studio, workshop, business, art school (etc..), that does custom painting work on aluminum? I should add that I'm not looking for a Rembrandt or Da Vinci type of artist, I'm looking for someone I can actually afford (though I realize you aren't going to get a painting job for $50 or some other cheap price).

*Note - I asked this elsewhere and was advised many times to look into vinyl stickers and other similar products. I have done so, and even messed around with them a bit, but in the end I wasn't happy with the look.

Thanks kindly for any help and Happy New Year!

Last edited:
KittensTasteYummy,
Thanks for the input. I'm not dead set on paint, but I do enjoy the texture and look it brings to the table. I also like the uniqueness and originality of a custom paint job.

If I go with something else it's going to be a medium that is both colorful and capable of showing multiple colors, vibrant, and can contain more than simple broad & thick line details. Also nothing shiny like vinyl that looks fake, stuck-on, etc..

I'll take a look at what you linked, appreciate your time and help!

Update: I took a look and liked what I saw but it's not quite the effect I'm going for. Also, my aluminum case/box has only primer on it so it would need to be painted anyway before I tried something like this. Appreciate your help and input, this gives me ideas for one of my boring looking bubblers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom