Secondhand vapor mystery

shredder

Why is it on some vapes the secondhand vapor smells better than the actual vapor taste?

Its noticable before I hit the vape that someone else is using. A lot of it is probably someone's exhale.

I notice it more on a pen vape with rosin, but even with our mighty with organic herb. And on other vapes I've tried.

Is this the same reason my volcano tastes so good? Temperature related?

Anybody?

shredder,

C No Ego

Why is it on some vapes the secondhand vapor smells better than the actual vapor taste?

Its noticable before I hit the vape that someone else is using. A lot of it is probably someone's exhale.

I notice it more on a pen vape with rosin, but even with our mighty with organic herb. And on other vapes I've tried.

Is this the same reason my volcano tastes so good? Temperature related?

Anybody?
It's like the first few seconds when someone's tobacco is lit and you smell it.... it smells really good until the actual heavy smoke takes over...

the first few vapor hits too are the flavor savor hits( terpenes)... after that popcorn flavor starts and then its burnt popcorn flavor and then no flavor at all

shredder

It's like the first few seconds when someone's tobacco is lit and you smell it.... it smells really good until the actual heavy smoke takes over...

the first few vapor hits too are the flavor savor hits( terpenes)... after that popcorn flavor starts and then its burnt popcorn flavor and then no flavor at all

I understand what your saying, but even the first few flavor hits won't taste as good as the second hand smell. That's what I'm wondering. Why is that? Is something happening in our lungs, that makes our exhale smell great?

In my volcano the vapor cools, a little, in the bag after its produced, (like a lung maybe) and it's my best tasting vape. I'm thinking it may be temperature related. But of course you need sufficient heat to get vapor. And you can cool vapor fast with a water pipe, but water pipes don't enhance the taste of the vapor as much as cool and filter it. A water pipe without water seems like it would taste more like a volcano but doesn't in my experience.

In dabs, on a enail, the temperature makes a huge difference in taste. And may be as good as there is for flavorful hits, but I've noticed this even with dabs.

If we can figure out why this is, maybe we can put this effect to good use in future vape designs.

C No Ego

I understand what your saying, but even the first few flavor hits won't taste as good as the second hand smell. That's what I'm wondering. Why is that? Is something happening in our lungs, that makes our exhale smell great?

In my volcano the vapor cools, a little, in the bag after its produced, (like a lung maybe) and it's my best tasting vape. I'm thinking it may be temperature related. But of course you need sufficient heat to get vapor. And you can cool vapor fast with a water pipe, but water pipes don't enhance the taste of the vapor as much as cool and filter it. A water pipe without water seems like it would taste more like a volcano but doesn't in my experience.

In dabs, on a enail, the temperature makes a huge difference in taste. And may be as good as there is for flavorful hits, but I've noticed this even with dabs.

If we can figure out why this is, maybe we can put this effect to good use in future vape designs.

could be that when you can smell someone's vape hits your nose would work different than being the vape hitter and trying to smell your own vape hits... it's like when I smoked cigs and did not smell that awesome first lit smell on my own cigs but from someone else who just lit one... kind of like that...

I've never used the volcano so have no recollection of what you speak but it makes sense... Also, I've heard that the vapor in the volcano is not all that flavorful; because when bagged it all gets mixed into the same bag ( the first really good flavor along with the burnt taste that comes later on from a cooked bowl)... this of course is determined by how hot you are operating the vape to fill the bag... a cooler temp bag fill would allow more flavor for much longer

C No Ego,
Reactions: shredder

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
Secondhand vapor is diluted, cooled and moisturized. Try firsthand vapor through water tool with carb semi-opened. Probably the difference will be lesser.

Xelatsok,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

could be that when you can smell someone's vape hits your nose would work different than being the vape hitter and trying to smell your own vape hits... it's like when I smoked cigs and did not smell that awesome first lit smell on my own cigs but from someone else who just lit one... kind of like that...

I've never used the volcano so have no recollection of what you speak but it makes sense... Also, I've heard that the vapor in the volcano is not all that flavorful; because when bagged it all gets mixed into the same bag ( the first really good flavor along with the burnt taste that comes later on from a cooked bowl)... this of course is determined by how hot you are operating the vape to fill the bag... a cooler temp bag fill would allow more flavor for much longer

You heard wrong on the volcano. The hits taste great, all the way through a bag. Multiple bags do degrade eventually tho.

Secondhand vapor is diluted, cooled and moisturized. Try firsthand vapor through water tool with carb semi-opened. Probably the difference will be lesser.

I have lots of water pipes and carbs. That ain't it.

shredder,
Reactions: C No Ego
Top Bottom