SDS thread (Serious Dry Sifters)

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
.......Hope this answers your questions :)

Yes it does, and TY very much for sharing :tup:

Do you feel there is no advantage going to stainless steel screens for shear and to prevent loss/trapped goodies from static ? Just curious, as I've always used small scale stainless screens with my mindset that the poly would be more of a pain considering my limited amount being processed.

Also, @herbivore21 I hope I'm not annoying you with my direct questions to CubanGrower in your thread :peace:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@CubanGrower Wow is all I can say! You produce some truly beautiful product. Can't even imagine how divine it is.

Hoping some local dispensaries have something even close to being in that league on my upcoming trip to CO.

Roth,
Reactions: Radio

herbivore21

Yes it does, and TY very much for sharing :tup:

Do you feel there is no advantage going to stainless steel screens for shear and to prevent loss/trapped goodies from static ? Just curious, as I've always used small scale stainless screens with my mindset that the poly would be more of a pain considering my limited amount being processed.

Also, @herbivore21 I hope I'm not annoying you with my direct questions to CubanGrower in your thread :peace:
Not at all brother! In fact, I'm loving the fact that someone who is about as serious of a dry sifter as one can be has come out of the woodwork in this thread!

@CubanGrower, love your work!

You, like Bubbleman, have inspired me to get better at this!

Only problem is I don't grow and have access to way, way less (and soon, way lesser quality) flowers than you guys lol

Besides, we all know that shatter is my domain ;) Check out my latest Northern Lights first wash!

b89eRZw.jpg

Bouldorado

So I tried [and failed] to make dry sift. I had some 150 and 75 micron filter bags lying around from a previous hash experiment, and figured i might as well do something with them. I made a couple frames from 1x2 lumber, cut the bags open, and then mounted them on the frames.

mWjq16U.png

I bought a quarter of some decent dispensary bud, broke it up by hand, and sifted it across the 150 screen. There was a decent pile of kief on the 75 screen, but after carding it for ~20-30 min, practically all of it had disappeared. I verified with a usb scope that the stuff that fell through the 75 screen was not trichome heads. After about an hour I gave up when I realized I wouldn't even have enough for a single dab. Cut my losses and loaded all the sifted kief into a vape bowl.

Probably my worst hash-making failure to date. Could've made .7g of good BHO but all I got was a couple bowls worth of kief and some destroyed buds. I love dry sift/bubble but will definitely hold off attempting to make it until I have a huge supply of trim to work with.

Bouldorado,
Top Bottom