Screwball as eNail for quartz banger

LordOfTheVapes

Background

I've been vaping for a few months now and recently started experimenting with dabs.

Problem

I'm concerned I'm being wasteful when sandwiching badder between cannabis in the screwball bowl.
I would really appreciate any wisdom from the FC community regarding some possible solutions listed below.

Solutions

1. Low Cost: purchase quartz banger only

I wonder if I could potentially abuse the screwball coil head by placing a 20mm quartz banger inside it in a configuration similar to the following:

Details:

2. Purchase quartz banger along with third party enail coil compatible with Screwball PID

Perhaps the 25mm enail along with 25mm banger that auto-spins and simply reuse the Screwball PID.

3. Don't bother with the above and purchase a dedicated kit

Maybe the ideas above are either silly or just not worth it. Maybe something like a dab-ready would be a better idea.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Idea 1 might work, but that massive gap between the coil and the banger make it unlikely at reasonable temps.

2 would be the most cost effective and would no doubt work better than 1.

3 you could, if you want to have both hot at once. This would probably be my choice, but I'd go through idea 2 on the way, then grab a second pid probably.

LordOfTheVapes

Idea 1 might work, but that massive gap between the coil and the banger make it unlikely at reasonable temps.

I was trying to see what I could get away with and looks like option 1 is out. Appreciate you setting me straight.

3 you could, if you want to have both hot at once. This would probably be my choice, but I'd go through idea 2 on the way, then grab a second pid probably.

Thanks for the double check; makes sense :tup:

LordOfTheVapes,
Reactions: Cheebsy

LordOfTheVapes

I'm thinking about picking up the following and would appreciate a double check to make sure I didn't miss anything or perhaps there are some better alternatives?:
  • DisorderlyConduction Cobra Coil XL 25mm
  • Bear Quartz auto pro banger + bubble cap + 2x 6mm ruby beads
Any input at all would be appreciated; total comes to ~ $150

LordOfTheVapes,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
You could save a few bucks if you got a marble instead of a bubble cap, since you are already getting an auto spinner. I haven't used that one but it seems great and you should have no problem in that coil.

I saw on discord recently that someone else using your crossing PID controller (that comes with the Screwball) had a little bit of wobble from the cobra coil. I don't know if the stress is something to worry about, but I thought I would mention it.

Either way, looks fun!

LordOfTheVapes

I saw on discord recently that someone else using your crossing PID controller (that comes with the Screwball) had a little bit of wobble from the cobra coil. I don't know if the stress is something to worry about, but I thought I would mention it.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out; is this a private discord?

LordOfTheVapes,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Wow, this was incredibly helpful. Thanks so much. Might need to think about this some more.
I actually am using a 25mm axial coil for a couple of wireless ball vapes and the crossing PID. It's a regular braided cable. Currently I am just using a small vise to hold the coil, but I recently ordered a PID enclosure from @jkeyes98 for it an my micro crossing PID controller:
PXL-20240228-105335180.jpg

Something like that might be a good option.

Although I also think the cobra coil will almost certainly be fine.

Top Bottom