Scoop & tamping tools

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I don’t know if this is of any interest or not. But I made myself a couple of new scoop & tamp tools that don’t require any special woodworking skills, and didn’t take much time or cost much to make.

I purchased a stainless steel scoop tool on eBay. I cut it to separate the scoops, leaving enough to fit in a handle. And for the handles, I cut two pieces from a 7/16” wood dowel that had. It could be any size desired but that’s what I happened to have. I drilled holes in each end to fit the scoops and tamping nail. I also did a light sanding and applied a little stain & wax. The tamping nail in the narrow scoop will fit in a Vapcap, the tamp in the wide scoop is larger.

The scoop sizes happen to be very useful for my needs. And the best part; since I used materials that I already had, my total cost was just $6.89.

scoop14z30-Original.jpg

I also made a micro scoop & stirrer tool using a snuff/medicine scoop that I got from Amazon or maybe eBay, and a stirrer stick that came with a Sticky Brick (I think). My cost was about $5.00 for this one.

scoop-sm-Original.jpg

The eBay scoop tool

IMG-1395.png

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Cool...! I used to carry around one of these in the Dynastash, and other weird types of nails I'd find in the basement, garage, junk drawer etc... they fit great and left a perfect lil mound just under the cap...! :tup::
shopping

Cupped Head Drywall Nails 1-7/8” Smooth Shank

I got this glass scoop recently and posted about here it in the Old Head thread. Not bad for $14...:
and it will roll if you make it, but it won't easily.

:peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I dont Like magnetic scoops with the BCG. But it Sure Looks nice

Yeah I don't know if that eBay linked one is magnetic, but both scoop ends look exactly like the non-magnetic scoops available from the Rogue wax works and the wood is very nice from him though still reasonably priced

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
I got one of those $3 triple tamping tools from Amazon when I first started. It came with a leather sleeve (which I used with the Grasshopper for a short time.)

Still have it today, acting as a temporary debowler in a mason jar lol

Averyminya,
Top Bottom