Save The Roach For Me - MJ in songs

Purple-Days

This song has been a favorite of mice for a long while. It's by Buck Washington and was recorded in the 1930s, I believe. It is public domain. Just hit download, the site is safe and you will want it in your archive, I bet.

http://buck-washington-save-the-roach-for-me-mp3-download.kohit.net/_/10666

Just thought I would share this song with you all and give it the recognition it deserves. It makes me smile :D

Anybody can throw in here. Quote your favorite MJ related lyrics or whatever. :)

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Cool song Tom. Thanks! But how do you know that mice like it? :lol: Sorry. Couldn't resist that crack. :whip:

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Tom,

Your song reminds me of when I was a kid, and the music I heard playing in the house. The song has promted me to download about 500MB of music relating to MJ from the 20's, 30's, and 40's. Plus another 500MB of recent music relating to MJ as well. I found a dl that consists of 23 GB of books, vids, and guides to growing MJ and all psycodellics. Cacti, shrooms, satvia. etc. Pretty cool stuff out there. I'll start putting some music up here soon.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Purple-Days

Oops amother typo, old eyes and I said , a pecker too.

Maybe a nod can change the thread title? It should read Save The Roach For Me...

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I love the scratchy sound of old records; somehow it has a reassuring resonance. It's been said that one of the interesting attributes of records is that they sound slightly different every time you play them because of the wear.

jeffp,

djonkoman

I also like vinyl even tough I grew up in the age of the cd:p
but I like vinyl and mp3 more(mp3 for the ease and portability, vinyl for the nice feeling and ritual around it)

djonkoman,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
That song brought a very big smile to my face. I wonder if he was high when he recorded it?

@jeffp Yes, I like the sound of scratchy vinyl too. Like you said, a new experience every time you listen to it.

For what I buy, vinyl is either prohibitively expensive or non existent (prog-psych, space-rock or krautrock).

And it does bother me that a piece of music that was recorded say 40 years ago - still sounds the same.

I listen to most of my digital music with random noise filters applied whenever I can find them.

Tom

(In 1976 I bought some pot and the guy called it Mexican Tea....had about 30-40 seeds in a 1/4 oz, cost $10 Cdn, and would give you maybe 8-10 joints of so-so smoke).

tdavie,
Top Bottom