1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

RSO

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by karec, Feb 11, 2020.

1. karec

karec Well-Known Member

Hi guys a quick question, im using ISO to clean all my vapes, grinder and stuff, my questions are:

Is the ISO ok after being in a jar for ages after multiple cleans and etc?

Can it be used after evaporation and purging?

Is there a "time limit" to use the ISO and transform to RSO?

Cheers and thx
    :cool:

2. uncanni

uncanni Well-Known Member

You should be able to tell when the iso is "used" enough so that there's too much stuff in it to do a good cleaning.

I would never ever ever use ISO for RSO.

3. karec

karec Well-Known Member

Why? and whats your solution, all the vids i saw, including ones from Rick Simpson himself he was using ISO, yes should be purged and i agree that that grain alcohol could be better but i cannot find it where i live.
    Cheers

LesPlenty likes this.
  4. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I use 100% iso for cleaning like you and I am just careful when purging (well ventilated and no naked flames). I have kept iso for many weeks before it gets too saturated to clean any more before purging. It does taste bad but my smoking friend likes it. (OK in caps as well I have heard).:tup:

karec likes this.
  5. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I prefer Everclear.

YaMon, Sick Vape and karec like this.
  6. karec

karec Well-Known Member

I keep every waste from the flower, i rather use all leftovers to do Rosin and keep real bud and kief/pollen for Rosin, i also use the ISO to clean all the reclaim from all vapes and grinders and eventually i will purge and use it, nowadays i won't vape it anymore i rather use Rosin (better taste by far) for that and only use RSO to eat or to use on skin problems mixed with olive oil, works great, my main question is, if its safe to use old used ISO to consume after purging and if by doing this wont mess with the RSO in the end.
    Just because i know people using used ISO with ages to make RSO...
    Cheers

7. uncanni

Because it's poison, and I wouldn't want the fumes in my house. You don't want to breathe tons of it. I didn't know anyone used it for making oil, but I guess if they use butane to make hash oil, I should have known. I wouldn't fk with any of the poisons.

I have an ExtractCraft Source machine for making concentrates and oil, it contains and recycles the Everclear. If that's not available where you live, see if you can order 200 proof Ethanol online.

Sick Vape, LesPlenty and karec like this.
  8. karec

karec Well-Known Member

I dont do inside my home i do it outside and i dont use any flame. ISO is used in RSO a lot i common use... your set is better but as long the oil its properly purged is safer to use orally, its not advise to vape.
    Thank you for the ethanol tip :tup:
    Cheers

LesPlenty and uncanni like this.
  9. uncanni

You say Cheers, so I get the impression you're not in the usa, but here's this anyway: https://www.extractohol.com/shipping-terms

karec likes this.
  10. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

Same boat here, no Everclear or decent methanol and the Gov has made manufacturers put blue dye in metho to stop winos drinking it, the only option left here is iso.:2c:

uncanni, karec and Sick Vape like this.
  11. karec

karec Well-Known Member

Yes im in the EU, in Portugal, and ISO is, so far, the only solution... i use a rice cooker and when i do it i do it outside and im cautious when i do it... would be great to find ever clear and similar but not here....
    Cheers

12. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

the phytyocannabinoids will remain in solution for a long time... they are already about as oxidized as they will ever be from vaping them already so they will not oxidize further... I guess full destruction/deterioration of the compound into sloution would occur over many years of being suspended in that solution...
    I read an article a while back , the guy had a cannabis crop lab tested and forgot a jar of the crop and found 5 years later sitting in an open room ( sunlight all day) ... he had that tested and the results were as they were originally... they suspected that CBN would have been the norm as it was old 5 year old cannabis... the tests showed the same exact compounds as @ harvest... the phytocannabinoids seem to be tough little buggers

LesPlenty, uncanni and karec like this.
  13. uncanni

Muito bem!! Tenha cuidado!!

My understanding is that tincture stored in dark freezer will remain potent indefinitely. So funny to hear that even under less than ideal conditions, the goddess Cannabis maintains her strength.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    C No Ego, LesPlenty and karec like this.
  14. Momor

Momor Well-Known Member

Here is an equivalent of everclear and they ship to Portugal ;)
    https://www.cavesduroy.fr/commande-en-ligne/vodkas/2847-spirytus.html

uncanni and karec like this.
  15. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are mosquitoes in some pine sap somewhere from millions of years ago with cannabis pollen or even phytocannabinoids stuck to thier appendages... like millions of years old and preserved

16. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

while Iso is not the preferred choice, I don't see too much problem with RSO, just not a tincture.

ISO is fatal if you ingest 200 ml at once. A fully evaporated RSO should be ok.

LesPlenty and karec like this.
  17. uncanni

Too dangerous in my view.

karec likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors