RSO to E-juice Revisited. Best mix. Best E-cig Vape Rigs

Dr.Chompers

Hello everyone Doctor Chompers here! I hope I can get some input, help, and revive a topic that seemed to go cold about a year or so ago and 2019 it up. Threads like: "My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid.." "Advanced E-cig users and oil/wax" etc.

I'm new to the E-cig style vapes and trying to mitigate for myself and my father who's 70 years old.
For myself I've had a Volcano for like 10 years and in the last couple years I've experimented with G-pen style and some other shitty pens for shatter. Now my dad he's an old hippy just toking whatever weed his brother or other hippy buddies were growing, not really knowing strains or nomenclature. Recently one of his friends made a large amount of RSO; we're talking generic 'hash oil/weed oil/grease' It seems actually decent though. Made with most of his crop (bud,popcorn,little bit of the best sugar leaf) decarbed 99% ethyl alcohol one rinse so it isn't too 'planty' green. But at the end of the day its still RSO.

The issue is now my dad lives in a condo building with my mom and his normal mode of operation is to surreptitiously go into the building stairwell walk up a couple flights hit a little bud in his mini hitter type pipe; those classic ones that actually look like a cigarette and you pack the tip for one hit. He doesn't like the smell and it isn't the most discrete or healthy.

So in researching I realized we can't just buy a coil type vape pen and have him smoke the RSO like that as it would gunk up, burn out coils, be a mess etc. Which brings me to making E-juice. I think it's a great idea and I also want to vape a bit too considering we have access to all this RSO.

Health is an issue and I would like to keep the PG/PG400 cut minimal as possible and also the heat lower in order to reduce carcinogenic impact. I realize the jury is still out on if PG at the temps in an E-cig is even all that bad but I like to reduce risk where I can. I also realize that RSO isn't the cleanest concentrate. Other concerns are ease of use and durability of the vape rig And my being able to melt down a gram or so, fill his tank and know he can rely on it not spilling, going dry and being viable for a week or two of use before a refill; he only partakes once a day in the afternoon and he only needs a couple 3-5 lungfuls hit and quit.

Basically I'm looking for recommendations on what kit I should build for him in 2019 product terms and handling the task of tackling RSO. In reading the old threads guys were recommending vapes for this purpose back in like 2017 and I'm lost in the wash of the market and choice.

I looking for something that can handle this lower quality oil and be a durable workhorse. I plan to melt down and make E-juice in the ratio of 1:1 RSO to Wax Liquidizer or probably closer to 1:1.5 RSO to WL so I can get just enough thinning so he can hit and quit balancing as little PG as I can and also allowing for smooth operation and not drying gunking up the unit.

I'm also looking into getting myself a Saionara Top Airflow Sai and 75W Eleaf iStick Pico because I like my shatter and wax of course and sick of these silly G-pen things. I was hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone. I was thinking to buy 2 of these 75W Pico mods, plus 1 TAF SIA for myself. And then 2 'Tops' similar to like the Kanger products?? or something like that?.. this is where I get lost in all the options and opinions. Basically I need a good workhorse tank/atomizer/etc Top (an easy fill/top fill tank system would be nice too) for the RSO E-juice concept that works with a mod I can swap out also for the Sai TAF. I'm try to build 2 rigs basically one for me and one for dad.

I know this has been wordy and someone will probably just tell me to use the search function. But I'm hoping this will spark discussion and help others either starting out and/or veterans trying to specifically deal with vaping/E-juicing RSO in a modern, clean and minimal way. There are so many vapes out there but maybe we can curate through this thread what is currently the best way to go in the RSO department.

Thanks in advance from your resident Doctor Chompers!

Dr.Chompers,

Deleted Member 1643

What, no love? Also curious about the current thinking on e-juice. Never had good results with anything but first-run DIY QWET. Seemed like a waste to make e-juice out of it. Still, have some dabable second-run to play with. Might get back into it. Thinking about trying a mesh coil tank or refillable pod system. The latter might work in your situation.

Deleted Member 1643,

Dr.Chompers

Thanks Accept. Figured Doctor Chompers might have been snubbed with the post but I have to try to figure this out. I know RSO is not the cleanest oil, meant to be eaten, and is definitely not a fan fav. But we have it now and what we have will last my old man months and months. I don't know if its kosher to talk brands and products here but do you think something like the Lost Vape Orion Q 17W Pod System would do the trick? If I did a 1:1.5 RSO:WL? Or something similar? Thanks

Dr.Chompers,

Deleted Member 1643

do you think something like the Lost Vape Orion Q 17W Pod System would do the trick?

No idea, just curious to try. Seem to recall a thread about refilling JUUL pods. With these, you'd want to use minimal dilution. They're high resistance, so you don't need much power for a small mouth-to-lung hit. When this topic was more popular, most were more interested in sub-ohm vaping. These coils are low resistance, so you need more power for a big direct-to-lung hit. With these, the e-juice can be more dilute.

Either way, your coil will probably gunk up too quickly, ending your experiment. You can try to clean up your concentrate with hexane. Skunk Pharm has instructions. Why not use medibles or capsules?

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,

Dr.Chompers

I am thinking about making some capsules with low dose RSO like 20mg and MCT/Lecithin just for experimental purposes. But edible buzz isn't really good for everyday for us; lasts too long, different effect, etc. My dad likes to take a good ol' rip in the late afternoon and then have his coffee giving him a nice lift into the evening so he can make it to bedtime more productive and 'not old man passed out in his recliner'

I think I might give a pod system a ago. Buy a hand full of extra pods and try to be proactive on swapping them out and to sort of surf the crest of the wave and stay a head of the 'gunk up'. I'll test for a week or so before I potentially set my old man up.

Thanks. And anyone else with advice or experience is welcomed.

Dr.Chompers,

IamBenito

Formerly me2
the biggest reason you have not gotten any replies is that what you are asking about is 20+ years behind where the world of herb is now.
do some searches without the rso term. try qwiso or hash oil. go to reddit r/oilpen. search here for one hitter oil pen. anything talking about ccel will be applicable to your goals.

IamBenito,
Top Bottom