Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The christmas melt :D

That looks excellent!

Buzzing on some of this Golden Ticket off the Dabpress 6T.

HT57kRb.jpg

MegaMan2k

Well it is kinda 10x zoom, I got me an extension tube for my old old dslr so im now getting alittle bit into macro photography duo to this rosin obsession

There was around 11 grams of flower
But i tried out a lower temp here around 190f,
And i didnt press that hard or long
Yield suffered a little in the first press but i got the rest out in second i think
1.4 grams from first, and 0.4 from the second.

:party:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well it is kinda 10x zoom, I got me an extension tube for my old old dslr so im now getting alittle bit into macro photography duo to this rosin obsession

There was around 11 grams of flower
But i tried out a lower temp here around 190f,
And i didnt press that hard or long
Yield suffered a little in the first press but i got the rest out in second i think
1.4 grams from first, and 0.4 from the second.

:party:

I thought that was like a half ounce of rosin :rofl:

:rockon:

anda1anda2

So, I’m just messing around with a clamp and a straightener, but I’ve had enough decent presses that I’m interested in continuing to refine my results.

One thing I have noticed is that while the rosin tastes incredible the first hit, it doesn’t retain the flavor across a couple hits, like a lot of dispensary purchased bho does. It’s like all the terps boil off too quick and the second hit off the pen is already reclaim-y.

Is this normal? Or can better technique improve the final results?

anda1anda2,
Reactions: shredder

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
LOOSE THE PEN!

Get a rig. vaporize it all at once for terp preservation.

I don't even do large globs anymore, as I also think the best flavor profiles boil off after the first 20-30 seconds.

Baron23

Do you guys have any tips on collecting oil that is very runny from a squish and will not easily collect off of the parchment? I have come across a few that have done this too me. On the outside, everything looks frosty and smells legit. They give me a great returns from my press but the oil is not tacky like my other squishes at the same temp. Even sticking it in a freezer doesn't even help. Sad I can't collect and use this. I have feeling its a bad cure or harvested too early perhaps?
Happened to me once with some really old sun grown flower.

Freezer didn't help either.

I just put it in hot water with some half/half (can use a bit of everyclear as an alternative) and made tea out of it.

It was sort of a waste overall.

Baron23,
Reactions: JCat

MegaMan2k

It’s like all the terps boil off too quick and the second hit off the pen is already reclaim-y.

LOOSE THE PEN!

I actually tried to "pen-up" some of the rosin i posted earlier,
Re-using a CCELL Th2, Mixing the roisn with some drops of canna derived terpenes,

I used these pens for christmas eve and the following day with great succes,

1 cart was from 2nd pres, around 0.3g rosin was used,
2 cart was from the first press (pictured) and 0.5g rosin was used,

They both produced vapor untill empty, other than 1 clog where it had to rest for a few a hours and then started to produce again.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I actually tried to "pen-up" some of the rosin i posted earlier,
Re-using a CCELL Th2, Mixing the roisn with some drops of canna derived terpenes,

I used these pens for christmas eve and the following day with great succes,

1 cart was from 2nd pres, around 0.3g rosin was used,
2 cart was from the first press (pictured) and 0.5g rosin was used,

They both produced vapor untill empty, other than 1 clog where it had to rest for a few a hours and then started to produce again.

Cool!
What terps and how much did you add?

shredder

So, I’m just messing around with a clamp and a straightener, but I’ve had enough decent presses that I’m interested in continuing to refine my results.

One thing I have noticed is that while the rosin tastes incredible the first hit, it doesn’t retain the flavor across a couple hits, like a lot of dispensary purchased bho does. It’s like all the terps boil off too quick and the second hit off the pen is already reclaim-y.

@FlyingLow is right, it's not the rosin, it's the pen. Either stick to tiny dabs and cleaning often,or look at nails and water pipes. Huge difference between a pen and a decent dab rig.

MegaMan2k

Cool!
What terps and how much did you add?

Terps from some strain called honey, very heavy in myrcene
I used a good amount untill it was very fluid when first "injected" into the cart

Sure it was a good cosistency for the "cart"
Effect just feel different, less of what im looking for thb.

Even tho i could see people getting very baked from using these,
especially lower tolerance folks,
and the aspect of easy-discreetly puffing in public should not be over looked eihter

Sure hitting the real rig is 10x better!!

anda1anda2

@FlyingLow is right, it's not the rosin, it's the pen. Either stick to tiny dabs and cleaning often,or look at nails and water pipes. Huge difference between a pen and a decent dab rig.
I actually just invested in an enail setup, but only had a chance to use use it a couple times before the in-laws showed up for the holidays. I’m planning on taking it for a proper spin this weekend.

I guess it does make sense with the pen. I’m using a Sai top-airflow with the bucket coil on lower temps, so it seems to need a few second heat up time - I’m sure I’m losing some extra terps because of this.

anda1anda2,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I just mentioned it in another thread, but your enail will also benefit from pre-heating your carb cap.

Even on a great nail, it is going to start tasting foul if your material spends too long in the dish before vaporizing. Preheat your carb cap. When you do not preheat, your cap can rob heat from your nail faster than the PID can correct. It lowers temps and the vaporization rate, leaving puddles or just longer and less tasty drags.

anda1anda2

I just mentioned it in another thread, but your enail will also benefit from pre-heating your carb cap.

Even on a great nail, it is going to start tasting foul if your material spends too long in the dish before vaporizing. Preheat your carb cap. When you do not preheat, your cap can rob heat from your nail faster than the PID can correct. It lowers temps and the vaporization rate, leaving puddles or just longer and less tasty drags.
Thanks for the tip man. Other than old school hash back in the 90’s, I hadn’t really used concentrates until I got my mmj card, so all the nail related tech and gear is a new world for me.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I orderd 10g (each) of two CBD (and therefor legal) strains (Fedora19 & Chameleon)
can't wait to press them out...never tried real CBD Strains :)

They are both oot EU Catalog of Varieties and therefor < 0,3% THC :)

btka

I orderd 10g (each) of two CBD (and therefor legal) strains (Fedora19 & Chameleon)
can't wait to press them out...never tried real CBD Strains :)

They are both oot EU Catalog of Varieties and therefor < 0,3% THC :)

how much will be thc when you make rosin out of it... I think it will be more then <0,3%... I am coming to this conclusion because if you press rosin from flower for example with say 20%thc the concentrate will be 60 to 80% thc... I think that is the explaination why you could not really buy cbd rosin...

this question is occupying my mind since I thought about pressing rosin cbd...

but maybe I am misunderstanding something...

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
....and in Germany you have to take care regarding the sum of THC content. If you have > 7.0g pure THC in sum you have to aware > 1 year of prison

MegaMan2k

....and in Germany you have to take care regarding the sum of THC content. If you have > 7.0g pure THC in sum you have to aware > 1 year of prison

Do your cops know what concentrates look like compared to normal hash?
Or do they test first and then conclude if its a concentrate?

Do you think they know about the cartridges yet?

MegaMan2k,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Probably they don't know it up to know. Therefore it's too rare at the German market. But anyway this also regards to CBD flowers. If you have 35g of a CBD strain with a content of 0.2% THC, you'll have 7.0 g of THC in total. ATM the juridical situation in Austria is different but their government intends to restrict the laws on CBD flowers.

Hogni,

MegaMan2k

Oke the carts seem REALLY stealth atm (also in eu)
Im just interrested in how to progresses in germany since thats very often what will spread to my area aswell :p

However, If you have 35 grams of CBD flower with 0.2% u will only have 0.07 Grams of THC
You would need to carry 3500 Grams of CBD flower with 0.2% to reach 7grams of thc.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Probably they don't know it up to know. Therefore it's too rare at the German market. But anyway this also regards to CBD flowers. If you have 35g of a CBD strain with a content of 0.2% THC, you'll have 7.0 g of THC in total. ATM the juridical situation in Austria is different but their government intends to restrict the laws on CBD flowers.
I think your maths is a little out here
7g would be 20%
0.2% would be 0.07g

shredder

CRAZY!

In my state we can have 10 ounces whether it is concentrates or flowers regardless of thc/CBD content. Not to brag, but I have 41 grams of thc rosin and another 10 of CBD rosin in my freezer. Of course many other states are much more restrictive, so I feel very lucky that we have progressive voters.

Top Bottom