Rosin Tech Help Kief

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
Hi Fc been a lurker 5+years new member I have been having issues the 3 times I have been pressing kief

I have tried 250, 280 and 300 F
Used lipton tea bags and coffee filters
first run used g kief got a dab return, tried another G no return with coffee filter everytime i squish the pouch shoots out the flat iron, I have a disability so i need a way to turn my kief to shatter I have even used vice grip but still no return guys please help im losing my kief for nothing

HippieHitman,
Reactions: killick

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
is it an option to vape your keif rather than try to make shatter?

if you are working on such a small scale and counting grams, your return is going to be minimal in terms of quantity of shat produced...

most folks that are making their own have great access to plants and loss factor is not much an issue.

FlyingLow,

killick

But I like it!
I tried my first kief press yesterday! It was decent - just kief and parchment, no filters. Freeze the parchment and the resin should pop right off.

My press handle is at a wonky angle, so performing a few modifications shortly to make it more ergonomically presstastic.

Have you tried lower temps? My first batch was done at 190, with about a minute of pressure. A buddy puts his hair iron on an oven mitt, and then stands on it.

Maybe try it without the filter media - being kief you can manually remove any larger particulate with your fingers beforehand. From what I've read filter material can soak up a lot of oil...

killick,
Top Bottom