rosin on plates, how to clean ?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@psychonaut Thanks as I do have a banger/ banger hanger/ "thingy of some sort" that I have never used.
I don't have big torch BUT a few 1/2/3 flame jet torches for VapCaps. Would the 3 flame be best/would it work?
How friggin hot do you get it???

It's been a long time since I tried a good dab off of quartz, but just a quick watch of bubbleman heating up a quartz banger in one of his recent videos, he did a 20 second warm up using a culinary torch and 60 second cooldown then dabbed (carb cap used). Using a stopwatch is really helpful.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
It doesn't look like there's much there so I would just clean it off.

I WOULD NOT USE A RAZOR BLADE ON THE PLATES.

However, if you want to reclaim it, get the plates up to heat. Then, put a piece of parchment between the plates and squeeze them together real slowly. As they come together and press against the parchment, pull the parchment toward you and out from in between the plates.

This will 'wipe' the plates with the parchment and then you can use your standard collection tool to clean it off the parchment.

I often do it this way. The Kirkland parchment I use bleeds and I often end up with rosin on my plates. This simple 'squeeze and pull' method works to keep them clean while I'm using them. I always wipe them clean with a soft cloth or paper towel after I am done with a pressing session.
Have you tried any brand other than Kirkland? I use Kirkland, and could paper the house with it, but if another brand works better, I could use it for baking. Haven't had a problem with Kirkland, but if there's better...
Oh, I have used RAW parchment. Like it as well. But, I'm never sure if I like my stuff because it's awesome, or because my brain tells me it is because of association with the effects.

Madri-Gal,
You're very welcome.

One of the other brands I tried was Regency and it was terrible. the Reynolds was OK, about the same as the Kirkland.

Hackerman,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

YeahImStoned

warm them up and wipe them, or a little iso on a towel then heat them up for about 5 min to get rid of any left over iso. also wipe it down after the iso with a regular towel

YeahImStoned,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
Top Bottom