Rosin dosage

tgvp

Sometimes, when I'm wander on youtube, I'm surprised to see how much rosin people put in their rigs at once. I'm not talking about those doing stoopid 1g challenge, just people showcasing some glassware or teaching some pressing technique or so, when they load their stuff I see that as kind of waste. My guess is that it's for the show, to blow out some massive clouds... Or maybe I'm doing a good job a keeping my tolerance kinda low by doing tolerance breaks when I feel I need to overdose 🤔
I know that everyone has its own metabolism, tolerance and habits and that the best dose is the one that makes you happy, not the one some random dude on the internet do, but when I try to "overdose" (for purely scientific purpose 🤓), I don't feel that much more wasted, I just stay high longer. But not longer that if I just split the same dose by 3 or 4. Maybe I'm just microdosing and I don't know? My scale is not very precise on small items, but it looks like I usually do 0.02-0.04g, which gives me a half to 3/4 lungful.
So what dose do you usually do?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Never measured mine. But I try to keep it small enough that I can finish it off in one lung-full.
Not that I can always accomplish that (sometimes it takes two or three lung-fulls before there is no little drops left on the bottom of my banger), but I try :smug:

This means anywhere from a half a grain of rice to a grain of rice size of concentrate glob on the end of my dabber.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
And I was going to specifically say "NOT long grain rice, or jasmine rice, but a normal size rice grain", but I didn't because I didn't feel it necessary.

I guess I was wrong, and it WAS necessary to say.
Basmati, short grained, long ... So confusing...(and it was said very much tongue in cheek)

And Only cause I fail to recognise the internationally recognised rosin dosage measure .....
Now was that a European or African swallow.....

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Okay folks, get your rulers handy. We bout to have a rice biology showdown up in this bitch!!

200.gif

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I prefer a tiny amount, usually the size of a quinoa grain :)

I would rather reload and get the great taste of two small dabs than one larger dab and taste reclaim after the second hit. I usually give up on a dab when the oil starts getting dark and harsh. I know there is probably a bit more medicine to be had, but I'm not scraping bowls in college anymore.

I see guys on youtube hitting on huge globs and q-tipping after 2-3 hits. Seems like a waste for me. If I had an endless supply, then hell yeah.

tgvp

I prefer a tiny amount, usually the size of a quinoa grain :)
I'm more a quinoa sized dab person too.

Now was that a European or African swallow.....
I just went to check in my kitchen if it was more a dry quinoa grain or cooked one :hmm:

But when the day has been really good (or really bad) I sometimes like to get wild and do a half or full jasmin rice (can't compare to basmati rice, don't have at home, but I might call a rice expert to check for conversions), just to be able to blow out some massive cloud, 'cause to be honnest, appearances are part of the pleasure too 🌬️

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Size depends on setup... IMO a SiC HALO is ideal with rice size and is less desirable with larger dabs.
I enjoy pretty nice/rather large with quartz, no interest in dropping grams, but larger than the width of the Halo dish.

Once you understand temps, you can dial in to your preferences. I like to come in at a 570* temp reading on my round banger, and with a pearl+spinner, it spreads everything so evenly right away, I get a wonderful FULL and COMPLETE draw and leave no seconds... not that I mind taking the rest down if there is residual, but I have my temps and timing sorted out enough that seconds only happen if I lay off or add more material than usual.

With a temp meter, one can constantly make adjustments on the fly. Oh, this one is a bit bigger, drop 5-10* hotter. This material melts faster, start at lower temp. Etc.

tgvp

What is a SiC HALO? Ok, just checked, it's a Silicon Carbide e-nail (never heard of that, sound like a spacecraft material, ideal to send you into orbit). I don't have a lot of bangers, but will have to check how they work with bigger dabs. For now, all I can say is that the terp slurper is the one that can quickly vaporize everything better, when my rounded bottom banger is too thin and cools down too quickly and my flat bottom buckets (one with a coil and a classic torch heated one) tend to leave a puddle in the center if I load too much, which seams suboptimal, but maybe I should play it better with the directional airflow cap to prevent this... Time for experiments! Yay for rocket science
Animated GIF

tgvp,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Seriously? Hand gestures in every thread?

What is a SiC HALO? Ok, just checked, it's a Silicon Carbide e-nail (never heard of that, sound like a spacecraft material, ideal to send you into orbit). I don't have a lot of bangers, but will have to check how they work with bigger dabs. For now, all I can say is that the terp slurper is the one that can quickly vaporize everything better, when my rounded bottom banger is too thin and cools down too quickly and my flat bottom buckets (one with a coil and a classic torch heated one) tend to leave a puddle in the center if I load too much, which seams suboptimal, but maybe I should play it better with the directional airflow cap to prevent this... Time for experiments! Yay for rocket science
Animated GIF
IMO directional caps are the best and allow me to drop at lower temps than spinners.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: tgvp
Top Bottom