Roffu vs. V3Pro

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Roffu by XVape vs. V3Pro by XMax
Have at it, let's sort them out.

I'm currently loving the Roffu over the V3pro, especially using Roffu in the "battery powered log" mode. Most open-draw method of use for Roffu, imo, and I dare say I find it more open that most uses of V3Pro.
Today I'm receiving a GVB long dimpled stem w/glass balls for the V3Pro, can't wait to try it out!

One of my pet peeves about Roffu is the 5 clicks for on/off. It doesn't have to be this way, right V3Pro? 3 clicks is plenty. Right Bowle, 3 clicks? Shut up, Mighty.

imor jones

So yeah, i am interessed in a comparison of the taste of the two vapes.
I have a v3pro, which i would recommend people as a Budget vape, as it puts out nice clouds, has a good extraction. I also think that taste is just a ~5 out of 10. As somebody else said. The taste is not that clean. I wonder a bit, why it is like that. Am i tasting Silicon. Is it the heater, or is somehow the plastic it is made of? This side taste is not strong, but infuences the over all taste, especially after a few draws.

I thought the roffu and the v3pro have the same heater, because i was reading it somewhere here. But now i got told, that they do not have the same heating element.

Somebody said, that the taste of the roffu is cleaner than the taste of the v3pro. Ok yeah, of course taste is subjectiv.

Whats about the terp profile?

I have a bit of vas for the roffu. But i could not find a good source for it in germany yet.

My v3pro is at a friends place right now. He is doing a alcohol free january. :)

I have many top shelf vapes to compare.

Also I was reading a lot in the angus thread, which is also stimulating my vas. 😬

Cheers and happy weedend

Ariwe

I've had both.
I think there are pros and cons to each.
V3 has a slimmer profile and is simple to use.
Roffu is more fiddly, but I find the heater is stronger. It's also a lot more "premium" feeling vs the V3 which is "budget" feeling.

I got rid of the V3 for the Roffu and I like it better. There is some interesting modding going on in the thread here too.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Roffu by XVape vs. V3Pro by XMax

Xvape created a new brand for the Roffu too: XLUX

Also I was reading a lot in the angus thread, which is also stimulating my vas.

For whatever its worth, I think both V3P and Rof are much better than the Angus in many ways... I'd choose them over it every time.

It kind of depends on the setup you are using since the cooling units are different, V3P has a better tasting stock CU set up, although Roffu one is very effective... V3P has more airflow which can also be a factor, Roffu has different chambers, using with direct glass pathways between the two, the flavors are not that dissimilar... However temp settings sort of vary between them (Roffu hotter)
^Here's what I posted in the V3P thread regarding the taste between it and the ROF along with some other differences...

hinglemccringleberry

Roffu reviewers are saying they're nearly combusting when setting it to higher temps, and they really have to be mindful of that.
V3 pro reviewers are saying the V3P heater is too weak.
But someone said they use the same heater? How could that be, unless the architecture between the two is so different that combustion is a threat on one, and impossible on the other...

Shit Snacks

Roffu reviewers are saying they're nearly combusting when setting it to higher temps, and they really have to be mindful of that.
But someone said they use the same heater? How could that be, unless the architecture between the two is so different that combustion is a threat on one, and impossible on the other...

We're not sure they're the same heaters, but the architecture is completely different, the air intake and the cooling pathway, using glass stem with each you can cut through and get some apples to apples comparison

Madtater

I have never used the V3pro, but i cannot see myself moving on from the roffu anytime soon unless it breaks or something. And i would probably just get another anyway …….
V3 pro reviewers are saying the heater is too weak.
So how could the two be using the same heater? Unless the architecture between the two is so different that combustion is a threat on one, and impossible on the other...
i have set it at max to try the temp and i was no where near combustion. The only thing i noticed was a bit more popcorn taste, but the color of waste was just a tad bit darker brown, but no where near combusting.

I stick to 375. Seems to be my sweet spot.

Kaptan

It was confirmed in the v3 pro thread by the xmax rep that they are indeed the same heaters, both using Kanthal wire, as it heats very quickly and also used in many other vapes. They also stated that the difference is that the Roffu heater was calibrated to a higher temp profile.

Pachena

II used to smoke the occasional joint many years ago. Then took, basically a 38 year T-break (but I simply called it a career). In recent years, cannabis was legalized in Canada.

Was aware of dry herb vaping, but wasn’t aware of how many options there were.

I wanted to try one of the gadgets, but didn’t want to spend a fortune in case it wasn’t for me.

I’ve had the V3P since summer and loved it. I was aware of where this device fit into the spectrum —- value/budget/but not garbage.

Had my Roffu for about a week or so. I use both devices exclusively with “POTV one” dosing capsules, and using manufacturer made WPA’s as mouth pieces.

Love the ROFFU way more. For me, it’s just a better experience. Replacing the battery is way easier than with the V3P. I don’t dig the stock mouth piece, or the 5 clicks required.

I’m starting the ROFFU at 150C (instead of the 170 for the V3P).

Planning an extended vacation (to a legal location) and got an extra V3P (Black Friday deals) so I could bring a clean unit through customs without returning with it.

I’m not saying the ROFFU is worth twice what a V3P costs — it’s not. But it is worth more IMHO. If I could get a ROFFU for $140 ish in Canada, I’d be taking it on vacation with me instead of the V3P!

JoeMama

One of my pet peeves about Roffu is the 5 clicks for on/off. It doesn't have to be this way, right V3Pro? 3 clicks is plenty. Right Bowle, 3 clicks? Shut up, Mighty.
And sometimes the unit doesn't get the command and you wind up maniacally pressing the button until it responds. It actually winds up with more than 5 presses because sometimes it doesn't respond in the first place to turning on or off. That just came up on the ROF subforum.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
5 clicks on/off were pretty standard fare with vapes, 3 clicks are to enter the counter stats mode for the Roffu, and the reason for 5 clicks on/off and not the 3 that are now becoming the norm.
That just came up on the ROF subforum.
I think this has happened to me once since the problem was brought to my attention and I think a finger may have hit the temp-up button at the same time although I have not been able to produce the gremlin again...once in 6700 puffs on my OG. I will say I have not heard of any faults with the later-released Air Blue version and only a couple of problems with newer Grey models, some suspect units still managed to find their way into circulation. If you are/were unlucky enough to get a suspect unit, these are replaced free under warranty as needed and usually, you get to keep your OG kit (we sometimes want the main body back for trouble finding) for all the spares for your trouble!

JoeMama

5 clicks on/off were pretty standard fare with vapes, 3 clicks are to enter the counter stats mode for the Roffu, and the reason for 5 clicks on/off and not the 3 that are now becoming the norm.

I think this has happened to me once since the problem was brought to my attention and I think a finger may have hit the temp-up button at the same time although I have not been able to produce the gremlin again...once in 6700 puffs on my OG. I will say I have not heard of any faults with the later-released Air Blue version and only a couple of problems with newer Grey models, some suspect units still managed to find their way into circulation. If you are/were unlucky enough to get a suspect unit, these are replaced free under warranty as needed and usually, you get to keep your OG kit (we sometimes want the main body back for trouble finding) for all the spares for your trouble!
Good to know the warranty would cover the issue. It's not a terrible annoyance as long as it works. If and when I buy another, I'd be more attentive to using the warranty for something like that. I've had the unit over a year with no other issues. Love it just the same!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
On a new, replacement one, I find that it doesn't always respond to 5 clicks for "off", but that may simply be me manifesting what I had already grown to dislike from using vape box-mods. The unit works great, but sometimes like my grandson, I have to get its' attention before asking something of it.

My wife takes the 5 clicks as a serious challenge, I chuckle to watch as she tries to go as fast as possible, every time... and is way faster than necessary!

hinglemccringleberry

So is it pretty unanimous that the roffu has better flavor than the v3p? Or is that only the case with the Roffu glass chamber?
How does the Roffu metal chamber compare to the V3p in terms of flavor?

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Madtater

On a new, replacement one, I find that it doesn't always respond to 5 clicks for "off", but that may simply be me manifesting what I had already grown to dislike from using vape box-mods. The unit works great, but sometimes like my grandson, I have to get its' attention before asking something of it.

My wife takes the 5 clicks as a serious challenge, I chuckle to watch as she tries to go as fast as possible, every time... and is way faster than necessary!
I have learned that as well. Nice easy consistent 5 clicks is all that is needed. It isnt like a teenager trying to flick some girl’s bean.

So is it pretty unanimous that the roffu has better flavor than the v3p? Or is that only the case with the Roffu glass chamber?

I use the metal tube with the dosing caps and the wpa exclusively. Havent used the glass tubes but once. The flavor with the caps and the metal tube is fantastic. I probably won’t go back to the glass bowl ever.

Puddentain

I have learned that as well. Nice easy consistent 5 clicks is all that is needed. It isnt like a teenager trying to flick some girl’s bean.

I use the metal tube with the dosing caps and the wpa exclusively. Havent used the glass tubes but once. The flavor with the caps and the metal tube is fantastic. I probably won’t go back to the glass bowl ever.
I don’t have the caps but am using the glass along with the WPA. I preferred the stainless with the std mouthpiece for a “Toastier” finish. I need to try the WPA with metal next.

Shit Snacks

I believe the flavor is more or less equal especially if you are using glass stem chamber and pathway with each... V3P stock setup tastes better than Roffu imo

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I agree with @Shit Snacks with flavour, stock the V3Pro is just in front (flavour is subjective though) and about even when the Roffu silicon cures completely and lower temps are used or the OEM Roffu WPA/mouthpiece is used. But once you use an all-glass setup on the Roffu like @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd matched to a J-hook, the Roffu is a clear winner for me.

Last edited:

JoeMama

Took the words out of my fingers. Ever since I got the WPA, I've used the metal stem without considering the glass; my curiosity is dwarfed by my satisfaction with the way it is now. My intuition is that since the caps are metal, it makes sense to keep the metal-to-metal contact (even if it isn't a "tight fit" in the metal sleeve) and get the benefit of the secondary conduction. Using glass, the heat applied to the metal cap will only be air (since it's upside down during the pull); the "conduction value" of the cap is miniscule. The sleeve, however, with the cap inside, is a nice conduction path. I really dig this setup.

I've also found that the capsules work best if they are packed with a nominal , and I measured this a few 0.1g mark (not less), which will appear overfull until the it is tamped gently down below with a fingertip.
For me, after four hits (reversing the orientation of the cap and increasing the temp each time (175/185/200/215), the ABV is just past brown and I got my money's worth. So damn convenient those caps.
:tup:

Shit Snacks

But once you use an all-glass setup on the Roffu like @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd matched to a J-hook, the Roffu is a clear winner for me.

Yeah you can do an all glass set up with the V3P using the Fury 2 WPA, also seeing if we can get more proper custom WPA made this way too, although it is much narrower tube for the chamber I think taste becomes equal

Top Bottom