Rock Mi World

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
So, Milaana has a guitar pick that Troy (420 VapeZone.com) used to rock some Metallica, and a guitarist builds the Milaana 2, and the #rbtmusicicons IG contest was a hit, and one of RBT's tag lines is "vapes that rock", and cannabis fuels the creativity of sooo many artist...

Picture taking a saw and cutting a section out of a guitar neck and making it into a custom Milaana. This idea was tossed around and @khelek41girl was nice enough to photoshop a concept (please share)... and I would love to tip my hat to the thing I love to listen to when medicated... Rock and Roll!

The idea would be to use maple for the main body, exotic wood for the fret board, and real frets and mother of pearl inlays ... Three frets with one dot above and two dots below the center fret to mimic the RBT triangle logo. This development would be in concert with Milaana 3 taking advantage of the planned upgrades. The neck would need to be less round in order to accommodate the internal parts but would be made as close to realistic as physically possible.

So... here are the questions:

How many rock n roll bad asses would be interested in such a thing?
Would folks pay a premium for such a creation? How much?
What could be done to make this even cooler? Felt lined case? Three strings and tuners lol.

Interested to hear what people think of the concept.

Last edited:

Vaporware

Nice idea! I can’t promise I’d buy one, but if it came out the way I see it in my head I would probably pay a reasonable amount on top of the Milaana price for one.

As with a guitar though, quality/finish/durability/etc. is important so I’d talk to a guitar maker about building a fret board before making one.

By the way, while some necks are thin many are also fairly thick especially near the body, and some guitars have more of a radius on the fret board than others, so you have some options there.

Instead of just mimicking the logo, you could do a full logo inlay if you wanted. The double dots would be at the 12th and 24th frets (on guitars with 24 frets), and they’re sometimes replaced with a logo or other picture just on that fret or even spreading out from that fret into others. It could cover the 11th and 12th frets or even beyond if you wanted to fit the whole logo and incorporate the dots from those 2 frets.

It makes the most sense to me to do something like the 10th-15th frets or so (with the right spacing) especially if you’re hoping to sell them to guitar players rather than just fans who don’t know guitars well.

If you decide to try it, good luck and keep us informed!

Vaporware,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@VaporWare thanks for the feedback... great points. Yeh, my Milaana builder made his own custom guitar with the help of a friend so I have access to the minds and the tools to make a go of it. Good point on the attention to detail both in finish and construction. The idea of using the dots is that it can be made with just a milling machine but it would be pretty easy to outsource having the triangles CNCed into the wood but the inlay could prove challenging if they are not readily availible. Good stuff!

RastaBuddhaTao,
Reactions: Vaporware

Summer

Long Island, NY
If this comes to fruition, this will surely be a RBT collectible designer piece.

Summer,
Top Bottom