RIP MCA

"If you can feel what I'm feelin it's a musical masterpiece.."
I'm devastated to hear of the loss of Adam Yauch aka MCA , mc and awesome bassist from the Beastie Boys. Mr Yauch, 47 years young lost his 3 year fight with salivary gland cancer today. Rest In Peace MCA

thevapedcrusader,
Reactions: pandawok56

2clicker

Observer
RIP my man!

i cant believe there arent more replies in here... :shrug:

stuff like this doesnt normally hit home with me. famous people dying and all, but ive been a fan of these guys for 26 years now... i honestly can say that i felt like i lost a friend yesterday. fuckin sucks.

he was a hip hop pioneer and all around amazing artist. he will be missed.

im getting drunk tonight... whos with me?

lwien

Naw.........I only want to get drunk when I'm happy.

Not a hip hop man myself but it's said to anyone die that brings joy to so many people.

RIP Adam Yauch.

lwien,
Reactions: darkrom

mscm888

Loved Beastie Boys since I talked my mom into driving me to the mall to by my first rap tape, "Licensed to Ill". That was over 25 years ago...

RIP MCA!

mscm888,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I go way, way back with the Beastie Boys. I too was very sad to learn this. RIP Adam.

Vapinghole,

2clicker

Observer
sometime during the Check Your Head tour the B-Boys stopped into STL. they were hanging around a hipster part of town and just clowning around. anyway, my brother just so happened to be there and see them. long story short my bro and his friends ended up hanging out with them for a few hours (yup puffing them down). Mike D was wearing a worn down and tattered STL Cardinals cap. it had paint on it, the bill was well worn in... very flimsy at this point. he ended up giving my bro the hat before they departed. of which my bro still has to this day. i saw my brother the day MCA passed and he was wearing the hat.

so not only did they get to kick it with them, but they video taped the entire thing. that tape has been found (appeared to have been missing) and is now being converted to DVD. they also put my brother and his friends all on the guest list with back stage access for that nights show. great stories from that day.

when i get a copy of that footage ill try to upload a little bit of it and post it here.

until then check out the "Fight For Your Right Revisited" video chock full of stars. see if you can find them all!

TALLY HO!

2clicker,
Top Bottom