Revolve Gen 2 vs Tempest

PslyBrr

Kinda wanna get both but really stuck on that dark blue revolve version. Curious if they're continuing to get manufactured or if they're getting discontinued with the Tempest launch?

Is it a noticeable increased length between sessions due to the increased thermal mass? Is a revolve gen2 more suited for taking out and about and the Tempest better for home?

PslyBrr,

popitup

I haven't touched my Dynas, and hardly my Dani, or TM2 since acquiring a Tempest, it really is that impressive.

The Tempest stem is basically a revolve 2.0, but the differentiator is one is your traditional Dynavap tip/cap, the other is a ball vape.

Yes it's a major difference. It's the difference between 1 hit (Dyna) and up to 5 on a Tempest with a single heat.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
How does tempest head performe on revolve 2? how does it look?

Andreaerdna,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
How does tempest head perform on revolve 2? how does it look?
The Tempest cap/bowl perform great on whatever you put them on.

On the Revolve Gen 2, the Temperature of the vapour can be a bit to hot for some people as the tempest produces far more heat than a dynavap cap, even more than the Anvil (pre-ThermoCore) for arguments sake

In addition the Tempest Stem (Revolve gen 3 ?) has a few modifications, including a interface between the bowl and the stem where there is some interlocking teeth that hold the bowl in place to stop it spinning on its o-rings when you try and undo the cap.

If you're going to use the Tempest natively (that is not through water or glass) I would recommend getting the new stem cooling unit and a sleave of your choice as there are some noticeable improvements

Phytotherapy

I haven't touched my Dynas, and hardly my Dani, or TM2 since acquiring a Tempest, it really is that impressive.

The Tempest stem is basically a revolve 2.0, but the differentiator is one is your traditional Dynavap tip/cap, the other is a ball vape.

Yes it's a major difference. It's the difference between 1 hit (Dyna) and up to 5 on a Tempest with a single heat.
I am curious: are these 5 hits on a Tempest with the same amount of plant material than the 1 hit with a dyna?

Phytotherapy,
Reactions: zeebudz

Phytotherapy

I am using the Revolve (1 and 2) a lot with a tip in microdosing setting (0.05g or less) and an armoured cap: perfectly even one-hit extraction and great taste.

Compared to this setup and experience, what does really improve with the Tempest?

Phytotherapy,
Reactions: zeebudz

Texus

Neither are my favorite metal stems, frankly. It may be that the issue is the IHs I pair them with (Wand and Inductor), but both get hotter to the touch than I like. Especially when used for back to back sessions. I am far happier with the Tempest now that I have the wood stem.

Texus,

AndyO

The Tempest cap/bowl perform great on whatever you put them on.

On the Revolve Gen 2, the Temperature of the vapour can be a bit to hot for some people as the tempest produces far more heat than a dynavap cap, even more than the Anvil (pre-ThermoCore) for arguments sake

In addition the Tempest Stem (Revolve gen 3 ?) has a few modifications, including a interface between the bowl and the stem where there is some interlocking teeth that hold the bowl in place to stop it spinning on its o-rings when you try and undo the cap.

If you're going to use the Tempest natively (that is not through water or glass) I would recommend getting the new stem cooling unit and a sleave of your choice as there are some noticeable improvements

Didn't I read elsewhere the other day that the Tempest stem/Revolve 3 removes some of the airflow functionality because the Tempest has more airflow in the cap? (Compared to a Dynavap I guess?)

That's a big driver for me in considering a second Gen 2 before they become extinct, I can't get enough of the DTL mouthpiece setting, even having it out of commission for an hour a day cleaning it pisses me off, hence I'm considering a 2nd one to go with my DF 2.0 that's on the way (I ordered an overpriced 9mm-8mm adapter specifically so I could use the Dani with the Revolve stem, that's how much I love it).

Then I can decide later on whether to get the Tempest with the new stem, or just the oven and cap.

AndyO,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Didn't I read elsewhere the other day that the Tempest stem/Revolve 3 removes some of the airflow functionality because the Tempest has more airflow in the cap? (Compared to a Dynavap I guess?)
There is a change specifically to the tubes the Tempest uses compared to the tubes from the Revolve Gen 2 which @Brenyo mentions in this post (as a quick reference)

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-tempest-by-mad-heaters-phatpiggie.54063/post-1763280

That's a big driver for me in considering a second Gen 2 before they become extinct, I can't get enough of the DTL mouthpiece setting, even having it out of commission for an hour a day cleaning it pisses me off, hence I'm considering a 2nd one to go with my DF 2.0 that's on the way (I ordered an overpriced 9mm-8mm adapter specifically so I could use the Dani with the Revolve stem, that's how much I love it).
I am curious - you haven't tried the Tempest yet am I right? I am trying to work out exactly what setup you have on your revolve so I can configure mine the same way and then I can compare the Tempest to it - its probably the best way for me to accurately answer this question.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: btka

AndyO

There is a change specifically to the tubes the Tempest uses compared to the tubes from the Revolve Gen 2 which @Brenyo mentions in this post (as a quick reference)

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-tempest-by-mad-heaters-phatpiggie.54063/post-1763280

I am curious - you haven't tried the Tempest yet am I right? I am trying to work out exactly what setup you have on your revolve so I can configure mine the same way and then I can compare the Tempest to it - its probably the best way for me to accurately answer this question.

Lol, so I read correctly about the airflow changes... from Brenyo himself :D

Nup, no Tempest for me, I was always going to wait for a final version. Currently I have my Anvil & USA on my Revolve Gen 2 with the sleeve set to partially open and the the mouthpiece set to the open/DTL setting.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Lol, so I read correctly about the airflow changes... from Brenyo himself :D

Nup, no Tempest for me, I was always going to wait for a final version. Currently I have my Anvil & USA on my Revolve Gen 2 with the sleeve set to partially open and the the mouthpiece set to the open/DTL setting.
yeah - I have a memory like a sieve some times, I forgot to add it.

VapingYogi,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I spent some time playing around with my TA3 on my Tempest stem and on my Revolve Gen 2 stem.
I prefer the restriction in the Revolve Gen 2 compared to my "beta" Tempest stem when using the TA3.
The Revolve Gen 2 has slightly more resistance - within the stem itself - as compared to the "beta" Tempest stem I have.
The MTL experience is slightly better on the Revolve Gen 2 as compared to my "beta" Tempest stem with the TA3.

AndyO

@Brenyo how long have you guys been shipping from Switzerland? And does it give you any problems?

Apparently Swiss mail sucks. My order has been "cleared and awaiting international departure" for over 72 hours now. That's pathetic. My recent Wesley's order got from the US to Australia in 6 business days, my MH order has been sitting in a box at an airport in Zurich or Geneva for half that time :mad:

AndyO,
  • Sad
Reactions: Brenyo

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo how long have you guys been shipping from Switzerland? And does it give you any problems?
It just goes through there, I'm shipping from the UK. The DPD tracking might be late with the updates, there's a link to the parcels app tracking in the shipping email which is usually more up to date.

Not too many problems so far, not worse than Royal Mail that I used before. Any better option costs way more unfortunately.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Apparently Swiss mail sucks. My order has been "cleared and awaiting international departure" for over 72 hours now. That's pathetic. My recent Wesley's order got from the US to Australia in 6 business days, my MH order has been sitting in a box at an airport in Zurich or Geneva for half that time :mad:
The tracking is LAME for DPD to Australia the swiss part takes forever - it sits in limbo for 6-8 days

To Australia from the UK, Royal mail has proved faster than DPD in the few shipments I have done in the last 6 months (3xDPD average 14 days vs 2x Royal mail average 7 days) but its such a small sample size its not really a good example.

Also Vgoodiez from the states took 2 weeks to get to Oz for me last time so you got lucky with the Wesleys order

AndyO

The tracking is LAME for DPD to Australia the swiss part takes forever - it sits in limbo for 6-8 days

To Australia from the UK, Royal mail has proved faster than DPD in the few shipments I have done in the last 6 months (3xDPD average 14 days vs 2x Royal mail average 7 days) but its such a small sample size its not really a good example.

Also Vgoodiez from the states took 2 weeks to get to Oz for me last time so you got lucky with the Wesleys order

Thanks for the info, that makes me feel a bit more at ease with it. I think this is my first order directly from MH, I think I got my Revolve from VGoodiez and I got the Reload locally.

AndyO

Shoutout to @Brenyo and MadHeaters.

My order took it's sweet time to get here, but that's not their fault. (I'll consider the postage options a little more carefully if/when it comes time for me to order a Tempest.)

As I mentioned previously, this is my 2nd Revolve. I needed a back up cos I use this thing every single day, paired with my Anvil I use it more than my other dozen vapes combined, and the gen 2 is apparently being discontinued (and there are changes to the gen 3.) The Revolve is literally in the playmaker role in my "team" of favourite vapes & toys in my sig!

I only ordered it in pieces - i didm't need another tt stem, but I did need glass stems (cos that's what I use 90% of the time... the breakable one) and I wanted a wood stem for use with my Stunner.

I'm so pumped and so grateful by all the bonus stuff they included. They gave me the tt stem, they gave me an extra glass stem, I think I got twice as many O-rings as I ordered, I got the additional mouthpiece insert that you usually have to buy (excited to experiment with that!)

I'm so happy with the service, I can't wait to be ordering a Tempest from them.

Pretty stoked to have gotten instructions this time too, I didn't get any with my first Revolve. (And stickers! I don't know why we get so excited for stickers that we don't even really have a use for!)

Top Bottom