REVIEW - Vapir Air One 5.0

FEAR420

Hey guys,this is my personal review of the Vapir Air One 5.0 Digital Vaporizer. Ive had it for about a week now so I feel this is a good time to write-up a small review of the Vape.

Price. - The unit sells for $150 brand new,I got mine for $70 used. (Thanks again Theory!!!! You fuckin ROCK!!!) Honestly,it should sell for right around $100 and I think they'd have them flying off the shelves @ that price...My :2c: though...

Delivery system. - It can be used with either the whip or bags. So far,Ive found that the whip delivery system works best for maximum efficiency & getting the most out of your herbs.The bag option is a nice little "bonus" but nothing to write home to mom about. I can usually "fill" a bag or 2 with some pretty good vapor.Takes a lil while to fill up & really get the cloud going and you only get about 3-4 hits per bagfull. Ive also noticed that when using the whip,things can get a lil hot but I think this is mostly due to me using some pretty fresh herbals.

Efficiency. - Seeing as how this is my very first Vape,I cant really comment on its efficiency compared to others but I can comment on the results Ive gotten so far...Ive been using the vape @ a range of 365F - 395F.Starting off @ 365 getting what I can from that,then moving up 5 at a time(usually every 2-3hits).I usually manage right around 20-30 hits from a half-packed disc. All of the hits blow out a pretty nice cloud on the exhale even though I dont see much coming up thru the tube on the inhale. :o All of my herbs come out a nice med-dark'ish brown. No scalding,burning or combustion is evident even at the higher temps I vape at. All in all,Id have to say its pretty efficient at extracting what you need/want from your herbs.

Learning curve. - I hate to say it,but a week later and Im still kinda "learning" how to get the most out of this thing.Ive pretty much got it down,but Im always adjusting for the ambient temp in my room,it gets pretty hot & stuffy in here most of the time,so I have to adjust temps accordingly.Other than that,there really is no learning to be done. Turn the unit on with the fan set to High,then switch it to low,set your temp to 365 to start,hit the heat button,wait a minute or 2 and youre up & vaping. Pretty damn simple if you ask me.

Temperature control. - Its digital. Jumps around a LOT,-/+ 20 fluctuations are noticed CONSTANTLY on the LCD display.Pretty easy to manage IMO...I treat it like that cooker...Set it & forget it!!

Overall Impressions after one weeks time - Its a great starter vape. Very simple to use,virtually no learning curve,delivers the goods even if youre not to familiar with Vaping or what youre doing.The pricing on new units could be a bit cheaper as I stated earlier...a pricing of $100-125 would be a much stronger selling point for the unit as you can buy much better/efficient vapes for a few bucks more.

The tubing & bags it comes with are fairly cheap. Ive noticed some of my tubing "melting" or deforming after a weeks time(pix later). I dont know if I have the tubing in too far or if the temps too high or what... As for the bags,Ive noticed that if I dont take them and physically blow them up first,then deflate them,they just wont fill at all.

Vaping & ease of use is great. Like I said before,pretty much a straight forward vape. Read the directions once or twice and youre good to go.The only real gripes that I have with this vape is that the unit gets HOT...VERY HOT and its VERY LOUD!!!! This unit was designed with a hand-hold/handle for a REASON!! I made the mistake of grabbing the hot body instead of the handle last night when taking a pass from my friend and almost dropped the damn thing it was so hot. As for the fan...SUPER LOUD & OBNOXIOUS! At any speed,this thing is loud & will probably give you a headache if left to listen to it for too long...

So thats my "review" for now. If you feel I missed anything or would like to know more or get more info on a certain aspect of this vape,please feel free to post any & all questions & I'll reply ASAP.

Thanks for reading!

Happy Vaping!!

FEAR420/Justin

FEAR420,

FEAR420

Just sold it yesterday for $60... The fan finally got to me. After a few weeks of owning & using it,the fan became to obnoxious to bear anymore,so it got sold ASAP.

FEAR420,

FEAR420

Cr8z13 said:
What are you considering as far as a replacement?
Well I ordered an All Black VaporGenie Weds from Vapeworld.com for $53.35 priority shipped. And my friend got his blue one today using the BLK27 code for 20% off for $44. I should also have a free VaporStar coming in from Vaporoutlet,provided VaporStar keeps his word....

I grabbed the VG because I can afford it RIGHT NOW & it delivers what I really want...Big foggy hits,doesn't rely on any kind of a power source besides the lighter/flame,its small,portable,fairly hard to break ( I have jackass friends)...and I can slap the top on my old metal bowls and use those to vape outta the bongs with. After these 2,Im getting myself a Buddha Vaporizer & a Magic Flight Launch Box. I was considering the MyrtleZap or Purple Days also,but Im not sure which way to go....PD seems to be "better" of the 2,but that damn 9+ week waiting period is what kills me and the fact that I can ONLY get it in one form of wood and no others any longer.... If I could get a Myrtle Wood PD Id jump on it in a heartbeat and GLADLY wait 9+ weeks.

So,to answer your question w/o all the jibberish & ranting....My replacements that I have coming so far are an All Black VaporGenie,the VaporStar (If i ever get it). And now,Im currently saving up for an all Black Da Buddha Vaporizer.

FEAR420,

FEAR420

Just ordered my All Black Da Buddha Vaporizer....Vape Chris strikes again!!!! :o

FEAR420,

Cr8z13

I have a Vaporstar and it's pretty cool once you get the hang of it. My only complaint is that it's a little too easy to burn your herb if you're not careful. I got a MyrtleZap on Monday and I'm loving it so far, as I've mostly eliminated smoking from my pipe. I got the 13.5v transformer and it gets plenty hot to give me phat hits, not as much with the standard 12v. Best of luck with your DBV. I sure don't see many people complaining about theirs so you should really dig it.

Cr8z13,

FEAR420

Cr8z13 said:
I have a Vaporstar and it's pretty cool once you get the hang of it. My only complaint is that it's a little too easy to burn your herb if you're not careful. I got a MyrtleZap on Monday and I'm loving it so far, as I've mostly eliminated smoking from my pipe. I got the 13.5v transformer and it gets plenty hot to give me phat hits, not as much with the standard 12v. Best of luck with your DBV. I sure don't see many people complaining about theirs so you should really dig it.
Thats why I jumped right on it. After seeing Tokin's vids where he tries to destroy one & it doesnt happen,I was sold on its durabilty. Then I read the ENTIRE DBV & SSV threads and was even further sold on it by all the uber satisfied users. Not to mention,the GONG/Bong attachments they have are frikkin awesome and I can continue to use all of my glass. It has a great warranty,spare/replacement parts are cheap & abundant...all in all,I think Im going to be very pleased with my new Vape line up.

FEAR420,

smoking Joe

FEAR420 said:
Cr8z13 said:
Thats why I jumped right on it. After seeing Tokin's vids where he tries to destroy one & it doesnt happen,I was sold on its durabilty. Then I read the ENTIRE DBV & SSV threads and was even further sold on it by all the uber satisfied users. Not to mention,the GONG/Bong attachments they have are frikkin awesome and I can continue to use all of my glass. It has a great warranty,spare/replacement parts are cheap & abundant...all in all,I think Im going to be very pleased with my new Vape line up.
I had a vapir one and was a waste of money! I now have a silver surfer and was worth ever penny. I guess it's a learning curve picking the right vape.

smoking Joe,
Top Bottom