Replacement needed for eVic Primo Mini

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Looking to replace my years old eVic Primo Mini mod and looking open to any recommendations...

I have the most basic of needs, looking for something that utilizes a single 18650 battery.
It will primarily be used with simple 510 carts on low voltages (under 3v).

I'd like to stay smaller than a traditional mod. Pocket-ability is important.

FlyingLow,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If you mainly want to use it for 510 carts I highly suggest a Yocan Uni Pro instead. Way lighter, way more pocketable from the recessed cartridge design.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Easywider

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I hear ya, but never been a fan of Yocan (though I've not had this design).

I'm willing to sacrifice size for the 18650 battery.

FlyingLow,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I hear ya, but never been a fan of Yocan (though I've not had this design).

I'm willing to sacrifice size for the 18650 battery.
So is pocketability not that important?
Because I used to have a Primo Mini too, and the Yocan is worlds better for cartridge use. An 18650 battery alone weighs almost as much as the entire uni pro. And the recessed cartridge design makes for a much more compact form factor.

IMHO 18650 is way overkill for cartridges. I used to use an Evic Basic with a custom Arctic Fox profile for cartridges but it’s way too heavy to compete for years now.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Pocket-ability is less important than the ability to use 18650, to me. They allow me to truly be off the grid and not reliable on a charger to get me through the day(s).

Easywider

Simple is the way
I've tried a bunch of cart mods and uni pro/uni twist are easily the top two. I charge mine every cpl weeks and use them daily.
So many mods just don't go low enough in power settings to be useful with a high-end cart.
I would not trust yocan to steam my herb or cook my dabs but the cart battery tech they did right.

Hippie

The Sinuous P80 is a small Arctic Fox compatible single 18650 mod, that's still available.

I still like the Vivant vault they sent me for carts, if you want something smaller (with internal battery and less settings to tinker with)

Aaaand here's a page of side by side mods that may fit your needs better ??

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've tried a bunch of cart mods and uni pro/uni twist are easily the top two. I charge mine every cpl weeks and use them daily.
So many mods just don't go low enough in power settings to be useful with a high-end cart.
I would not trust yocan to steam my herb or cook my dabs but the cart battery tech they did right.

Yeah I usually bring a USB battery bank with me in case I need extra juice for a phone/Bluetooth speaker/ wax pen battery.

If you hook a cartridge pen up to a USB bank I call it a C-nail (CCell Enail) and with the right oil it will go pretty toe to toe with my $1000 enail setup. At least for moderate hits - if someone likes big globs the nail is still hard to beat for that.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I so appreciate and welcome all this feedback- please keep it coming!

I am curious, what is everyone's take on having to use adapters? Yocan is not the only brand pressing these... personally I've never favored them and considered them one more item to clean and one more item to potentially misplace.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I so appreciate and welcome all this feedback- please keep it coming!

I am curious, what is everyone's take on having to use adapters? Yocan is not the only brand pressing these... personally I've never favored them and considered them one more item to clean and one more item to potentially misplace.

If you're talking about the magnetic adapters they're kinda lame to me. But most of the "low temp" batteries use them so you kinda just have to deal with it. The Yocan Kodo doesn't have any magnets, I use that for .5 carts sometimes, but it doesn't go as low in voltage as the Uni Pro.

invertedisdead,

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I just recently got one of the Uni Pros and have been digging it, much better for carts then one of my typical 18650 mods. I do agree with wanting to stay away from Yocan as a company but I didn't see many appealing alternatives in the cartridge battery space.

I'm not super into using the magnetic adapters although I haven't any issues. I am kind of worried about it somehow coming off the cart when it's inside of the mod, I don't know how the hell this would happen but it'd be a real bitch to fish out of there with no cart attached.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Possible to get the magnets out, you can screw the cart back in, to pull the magnet out, or some vigorous shaking if the magnet is not in properly (happened to me with my uni twist) for me these are better, form factor wise and a necessary evil I guess, I don't feel like it's an extra thing to lose or clean because I am careful with them, no leaking cartridges and I don't use them that often, but they came on trips without issue recently! Yocan is still the best option for these kind of cart batteries, the company's other products I don't know, or their methods per se...? @FlyingLow try the magnets out!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Unfortunately, there is more then one thread already on cart devices, don’t have time to go look for them, but I posted pictures of a few models I own. For the money, the YOCAN Pro, is the best, as you can read the ohms, just like on most ECig mods. I own over 25 ECig battery mods, but the devices made specifically for carts are the ones I use.

Top Bottom