Reliable E-Nail controller? Advised and purchased, thanks FC!

lazylathe

Almost there...
I find myself in the market for a new E-Nail controller as I am done with High 5.

After a year of ownership, I have gone through 2 boxes that developed the same issue. After 6 months of use I am unable to use either the up or down buttons, thus rendering the box useless...
I have contacted High 5 and have been told that my warranty is up and must buy a new one. Each box only lasted 6 months and this is no good for me as it controls my daily driver, so I need something long lasting and reliable.

Does anyone have any experience with reliable, long lasting controllers?
Locaed in Canada but will buy international for quality!

Thanks!!!

Vaporware

I find myself in the market for a new E-Nail controller as I am done with High 5.

After a year of ownership, I have gone through 2 boxes that developed the same issue. After 6 months of use I am unable to use either the up or down buttons, thus rendering the box useless...
I have contacted High 5 and have been told that my warranty is up and must buy a new one. Each box only lasted 6 months and this is no good for me as it controls my daily driver, so I need something long lasting and reliable.

Thanks!!!

My old NewVape (VapeCode I think is the manufacturer) controller only started having issues when I hauled it around with me too much, and I got it repaired pretty easily...it was on for a year or more much more than it was off, and I think if I’d just left it where it was it would have been fine for a long time after.

While that one was down I got an Auber RDK-300 and in most ways I like it better. No problems so far (more than a year again), but I do let it turn off a lot more with its auto-off feature. You can set the time you want for that, or turn it off completely I think. If you change temps a lot, the dial’s nicer to use than buttons too. :)

If I were in the market for a new controller right now though, I would also look at the newer stuff with more features just for fun, but they’re probably all more expensive and may or may not be as reliable.

Baron23

Thanks!!!
Auber....either the RDK-300 or the 200 for a bit less $$.

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=45

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thanks everyone!

@VaporWare
It never moves and the temp is set on day one and never changed. I only use the switches on the back.

@Baron23 @BabyFacedFinster
I used to have the RDK 200 and liked it so will go for the newer 300!
I wanted to buy one for my digital Sub experiment but could not quite justify it... Now it's all good as it will serve dual use!!

EDIT:
Auber RDK-300 and flat coil ordered!

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Thanks everyone!

@VaporWare
It never moves and the temp is set on day one and never changed. I only use the switches on the back.

@Baron23 @BabyFacedFinster
I used to have the RDK 200 and liked it so will go for the newer 300!
I wanted to buy one for my digital Sub experiment but could not quite justify it... Now it's all good as it will serve dual use!!

EDIT:
Auber RDK-300 and flat coil ordered!

In case its of use, shoot them an email and ask for the latest firmware. The latest update has a boost mode if thats something you might want.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Order has shipped, now it is just a mail delivery waiting situation with what is going on.

@emmdeemo
No dabbing here so no need for fancy software. Just reliability and I forgot I owned the RDK-200 and is lasted for years and then I gave it to a friend!
With the 200 I absolutely hated the two cables out the front of the unit. The 300 has them on the back which is perfect.

@invertedisdead
The @maxvapor710 looks and sounds amazing but it is way too much technology to just run my SV4.
If I was into concentrates, this unit would be on my desk!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Still chatting with High 5 about my controller and the issue it has developed a second time.

I am giving them all the info I have and I also said that I changed the temp from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
They jumped on this and said their box does not have an option to change the units.
I have replied that they must be mistaken since the PID they use is an XTM7100 that is widely available and mass produced in China. I asked if they had them specially made for them and had certain features removed just for them. LOL!

I explained how to enter the menu and what to change and that by changing the way the unit displays units will not change any of the programming.

@JCat I feel as if I am going insane....Am i wrong in assuming changing the units from F to C will not change anything else that was programmed?

lazylathe,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Still chatting with High 5 about my controller and the issue it has developed a second time.

I am giving them all the info I have and I also said that I changed the temp from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
They jumped on this and said their box does not have an option to change the units.
I have replied that they must be mistaken since the PID they use is an XTM7100 that is widely available and mass produced in China. I asked if they had them specially made for them and had certain features removed just for them. LOL!

I explained how to enter the menu and what to change and that by changing the way the unit displays units will not change any of the programming.

@JCat I feel as if I am going insane....Am i wrong in assuming changing the units from F to C will not change anything else that was programmed?
You are not wrong in assuming this. I changed mine before (I was using it on C when I was using that exact PID with my SV3 ... and there were no issues with changing the units to C vs F and back). There were really no issues with it at all ... I mean it's an XMT7100 like you said with a relay, a couple switches, and a socket ...

I thought at first you were referring to their new digital offerings that don't appear to be using the old standard PIDs ... (like the XMT7100 and the Omron E5CC)

Edit: and what on earth would changing the units have to do with making the up/down buttons stop working????? that's just crazyness ... :lol: ...

Did you check the XMT7100 manual to see if there is a "lockout" feature that locks the panel buttons that could have maybe been accidentally triggered??

Edit Edit: Nope. No lockout function. Your buttons are just broken from the sounds of it.

http://www.berriman.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/xmt7100.pdf

lazylathe

Almost there...
You are not wrong in assuming this. I changed mine before (I was using it on C when I was using that exact PID with my SV3 ... and there were no issues with changing the units to C vs F and back). There were really no issues with it at all ... I mean it's an XMT7100 like you said with a relay, a couple switches, and a socket ...

I thought at first you were referring to their new digital offerings that don't appear to be using the old standard PIDs ... (like the XMT7100 and the Omron E5CC)

Edit: and what on earth would changing the units have to do with making the up/down buttons stop working????? that's just crazyness ... :lol: ...

Did you check the XMT7100 manual to see if there is a "lockout" feature that locks the panel buttons that could have maybe been accidentally triggered??

Edit Edit: Nope. No lockout function. Your buttons are just broken from the sounds of it.

http://www.berriman.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/xmt7100.pdf

Thanks for clarifying my sanity!!
I will update with what happens next...

This was the last reply :
Hi Andrew,

That would be the issue, there is no Fahrenheit to Celsius function with these units so I'm not sure what exactly you changed but it caused the unit to run on the wrong programming for months. Can you explain or send a video of how you tried to change from celsius to farenheit.

Robert
Customer Service Rep

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Hi Andrew,

That would be the issue, there is no Fahrenheit to Celsius function with these units so I'm not sure what exactly you changed but it caused the unit to run on the wrong programming for months. Can you explain or send a video of how you tried to change from celsius to farenheit.

Robert
Customer Service Rep

I...

If he'd put that entire message into google he'd still probably come up with the answer straight away :D

JCat

Accessory Maker

Hi Andrew,

Robert
Customer Service Rep
Wow! That's impressive with how lacking in knowledge that answer is.

1. Yes, the XMT7100 does indeed support changing the units from F to C and back again (as documented in the manual)
2. I would ask him to please explain exactly how changing the units would cause the "programming" to function incorrectly. There is no custom High5 proprietary firmware on these units ... and the default firmware definitely supports this, and if it didn't, it simply wouldn't allow you to do it! Even if he was implying that it then messes with the PID values, because they remained in values based on degrees F or some bullshit of the sort, that could only then (as a stretch) explain the failure of a coil and I would ask for a technically feasible (or even remotely possible) explanation where any change to a setting through the UI could damage the functionality of the up/down buttons.

Wow ... this type of thing really bothers me ... might never buy another High5 product if they try to lie to their customers like that ... (or their policy is to just spew utter bullshit ... ie. whatever comes to mind ... to try to get customers off their back and to not have to honour their warranties ...)

lazylathe

Almost there...
@JCat

At this point, I have given up on them as they clearly have no clue or just lie to their customers, as you said. This does not fly with me, so the have lost a customer.
I will not be using any of their products anymore due this interaction.

I must say I am quite interested in their reply!

JCat

Accessory Maker
@JCat

At this point, I have given up on them as they clearly have no clue or just lie to their customers, as you said. This does not fly with me, so the have lost a customer.
I will not be using any of their products anymore due this interaction.

I must say I am quite interested in their reply!
I'm still running my original build of my FC E-Nail, but just been so busy with so many projects I haven't had time to finalize/standardize all the parts and build the 2nd prototype (quite busy with family and my main job and another good sized project that's turned profitable ... not like my little vaporizer hobby projects so far :) )

I'd still love to eventually build some more custom FC E-Nail units to get into the hands of some members, but you know ... time ... :)

I also have been considering buying a MaxVapor one of these days ... I wonder if I could use my mobile app to control it through the BLE interface? And modify the "script" running portion to control it through the BLE interface ...? Just some thoughts I've had running through my head ... the MaxVapor unit looks real nice (although I don't own one yet), so if they already have the hardware piece down, and the interface is open enough to hook into, then maybe a better investment of my time to write software for their controller (since software is really my area of expertise anyways ...)

buckhakeesah

I'm still running my original build of my FC E-Nail, but just been so busy with so many projects I haven't had time to finalize/standardize all the parts and build the 2nd prototype (quite busy with family and my main job and another good sized project that's turned profitable ... not like my little vaporizer hobby projects so far :) )

I'd still love to eventually build some more custom FC E-Nail units to get into the hands of some members, but you know ... time ... :)

I also have been considering buying a MaxVapor one of these days ... I wonder if I could use my mobile app to control it through the BLE interface? And modify the "script" running portion to control it through the BLE interface ...? Just some thoughts I've had running through my head ... the MaxVapor unit looks real nice (although I don't own one yet), so if they already have the hardware piece down, and the interface is open enough to hook into, then maybe a better investment of my time to write software for their controller (since software is really my area of expertise anyways ...)
I would love to see your efforts to help them innovate @JCat . They seem open to collaboration from programmers.

Dubmonkey

I have had my KubeOne for about a year and it has been near flawless. The glob mode with the TBucket and AH Coil has been amazing for concentrates. A little overkill if you are doing flower but glob mode with a sv6 might be do-able but with a GS the glob mode is not needed.

I have also had a pelinail and it has been flawless as well and had that one for about two years and it was turned on almost everyday. The bummer with pelinail is no uptemp or glob mode. Plus no auto shut off.

I have found the auto shut off feature of the KubeOne to be A very good thing. Especially when you get couched locked. Looking at a second controller and eyeing this from AigustHaus:

https://www.theaugusthaus.com/produ...mail&cid=e23153db-5e77-4636-93db-a91d5b8bd8ed

It’s the new dual zone controller. Basically, one controller with two xlr standard Dnail outputs. Each output can have its own temp setting and PID setting changes. Plus has auto shut off. Otherwise, eyeing the pelinail cheap box (non-peli cased) or a Auber 300.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have had my KubeOne for about a year and it has been near flawless. The glob mode with the TBucket and AH Coil has been amazing for concentrates. A little overkill if you are doing flower but glob mode with a sv6 might be do-able but with a GS the glob mode is not needed.

I have also had a pelinail and it has been flawless as well and had that one for about two years and it was turned on almost everyday. The bummer with pelinail is no uptemp or glob mode. Plus no auto shut off.

I have found the auto shut off feature of the KubeOne to be A very good thing. Especially when you get couched locked. Looking at a second controller and eyeing this from AigustHaus:

https://www.theaugusthaus.com/produ...mail&cid=e23153db-5e77-4636-93db-a91d5b8bd8ed

It’s the new dual zone controller. Basically, one controller with two xlr standard Dnail outputs. Each output can have its own temp setting and PID setting changes. Plus has auto shut off. Otherwise, eyeing the pelinail cheap box (non-peli cased) or a Auber 300.

That AugustHaus controller is pretty dope looking!
Would be better with a wood enclosure though like their other controllers.
No concentrate use here at all, so no need for fancy temp stepping etc...:D

I love set it and rip it setups!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

lazylathe,

JCat

Accessory Maker
@JCat send us an email I will get you a dev unit out as soon as I have some more enclosures available, unless you just want the parts without a case I can get them out sooner.
Well that's a super nice offer :) I'll send you an e-mail shortly. Maybe it will work out to send it to me at the same time as my Hopper AC Adapter kit to save on shipping :)

Top Bottom