Refreezing decarbed bud before tincture?

TrashPanda666

Had anyone ever tried this:

Decarbed your bud however you do (I use the oven on 240ish with the door cracked open). Then placed it back in the freezer and followed method for QWET but used as tincture instead of evaporating?

TrashPanda666,

TrashPanda666

First off I'm using 190 proof neutral spirit not 151 lol and secondly my aim is for cannabinoids without the chlorophyll. Even though heat and light cause the chlorophyll to "deactivate" it is still there hence the green color. This is why I post the question I do.

Fightingteam

As it says in the guide, use the highest proof alcohol available in your area which also happens to be 190 proof everclear for me. If you simply soak your decarbed bud in the freezer like QWET then yes, you will get a non-green tincture but there will still be plenty left in your bud you'd be missing out on. This is why people use heat in order to make sure the alcohol absorbs everything. You aren't dabbing this obviously so why the need to avoid the chlorophyll? I've done long soaks on decarbed bud with good results for friends with cancer.

The best possible way to get a tincture like you're wanting would be to do an actual QWET extraction first and decarb the resulting oil you make and reconstitute that oil in alcohol. Then you will have a non-green, amber colored tincture. I've done this as well but it's a little too much effort I've found and can't detect a difference in effect going from bud - tincture vs QWET oil - tincture.

Fightingteam,
Reactions: howie105

TrashPanda666

Just did one today like I had detailed with leftover shake and stems heated it at 220 for 15 minutes and threw it into the freezer for 20 then placed it into double coffee filters and poured everclear through it a few times and got an Amber liquid almost no green. Super easy and I understand what your saying but I'm not using this as medicine per say I am trying to make hard candies and gummies but limit the harsh flavor in them.

The leftovers I'm going to cold soak for an extended period and see what comes out but probably wouldnt be enough left to even make decent edibles with given my starting material.

TrashPanda666,

Fightingteam

Ah I see. I'd still say using qwet oil will get you a little closer to your desired results but sounds like what you're doing is working well enough. I'd just reduce that long soak down to a small amount of alcohol when you're ready to test it and drink it all at once if it were me. You know, for science!

How do your qwet runs usually come out for dabbing with that method of soaking? I always just soak in Mason jars with dry ice in a cooler for 15 - 30 min with light agitation and then filter. Pretty much doing exactly what ichiban does here: https://extractcrafter.com/2017/06/...action-battle-of-the-wash-dry-ice-vs-freezer/

Fightingteam,

TrashPanda666

@Fightingteam - when I do with good starting material get a gram or so off 6 of flower. Have yet to do large batches with qwet only butane which is easy it just stresses me out due to the chance of 'splosions. And that's not a bad idea with the dry ice and the cooler. Question, is there any way to keep my ice in a regular freezer or deep freeze without it evaporating?
P.s. I haven't drank that much everclear in years, just a teaspoon burns going down lol. Plus you'd be so drunk would have no idea if extract worked haha

sickmanfraud- I'm giving that link a lookie see now that un sounds familiar *edit* thanks for the link man! That's like a library of please and thank you! Haha

TrashPanda666,

uncanni

TrashPanda, I decarb bud in my Ardent Nova decarb machine, then I put it and the everclear 190 in the freezeer. When everything's nice and cold, I break up the bud gently and cover with everclear, put back in freezer and shake 2x daily. Lately I've been letting it stay in the freezer longer, and I plan just to strain what I want to use, and leave the plant material to infuse. For a tincture, I want as much of the whole plant stuff as will infuse in alcohol to do so.

uncanni,
Top Bottom