Recovering from TB... should I vape?

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
I'm new to the boards, but I have a concern I'd like to ask the members here... especially any members who are medically qualified. I was in Amsterdam for a year, living a hard partying lifestyle. I snorting so many experimental drugs I can barely remember the names, let along the effects (stay AWAY from MDPV) and used to smoke a pack a day easy. I stopped working out (used to be a state-level boxer back home in India). Almost immediately upon my return, I felt my body trying to tell me to quit smoking cigarettes - so I did. A few weeks later, I was hospitalized and diagnosed with tuberculosis. I was in bad shape, but the first line of meds worked (thankfully), and I was back on my feet within months. I regularly took my prescribed medicines, and allowed my lungs to heal as they should (ate cannabis edibles) for the first six months or so after diagnosis. That was when I started smoking about a joint or two a week. This gradually increased to a steady three or four joints a day around my ninth month, after which it plateaued and then decreased as I felt my lungs congesting again. Despite the doctor telling me that smoking has no direct effect on tuberculosis, it is absolutely not something I wish to go through again. I have started swimming to increase my lung capacity. I have also decided to buy a vape (MFLB) in order to decrease the effects to my lungs. What I want to know is this - is it alright for me to vape (and I'll probably be doing so at least once a day) given its benefits? Or should I be cautious and wait? My medications have been stopped and I feel fine. My drug use has stopped nearly completely - I've only used MDMA once in the past year, and dropped acid or used mushrooms (which I'm very confident will have no effect on my recovery) a few times. I continue to swim and plan to do so every day.
If you think I should refrain from vaping as well, how long do you think it will take for my lungs to recover? My doctors here, to put it mildly, are prudes and I cannot tell them I smoke marijuana, so I have to pretend I am still smoking cigarettes to ask them for opinions. They are the kind who would be opposed to cannabis on 'moral' grounds and I don't think asking them about vaping would be very productive, or that it would be a subject they have much information about. I completed one year since I was diagnosed in April, just so you have a frame of reference. Also, please don't ask me to get a vape with temperature regulators - as much as I'd love one (especially that tasty looking Da Vinci), I can't afford it. Besides, from what I've read, after a while I'll be able to regulate the temperature of my MFLB pretty well with estimates on drawing through personal experience.
Help?

JeeSee,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I'd ask the doctor...I don't think we can really give you an advice...

I think the answer should be no but I don't want to rule out everything...

m0sh,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
I understand, which is why I was looking more for info from someone around here who might be in the medical profession.

JeeSee,
Top Bottom