Recommendation for Crohn's Patient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Jones

Hi all. Very helpful forum that you have hear. I am hoping to get your advice. I battle Crohn's disease, and use a vaporizer to help. I'm posting to find out if anyone highly suggests that I add a specific other vaporizer to my collection or has other advice for a medical patient. I currently own:

(1) Purple Days (I really like this unit and found that I missed it and felt worse while it was out of commission awaiting a new plug-in transister. It's easy to use, very efficient, and quiet, and produces good, controllable medical doses. My one concern is whether it produces the cleanest vapor that I can get.);

(2) Volcano (I prefer the PD. The Volcano is less convenient and more noisy and smelly. Thank goodness, my lungs function just fine and my strength is enough that I don't need the forced air, and I never medicate with anyone else. That said, I understand that it is supposed to produce very pure vapor, which I as a patient appreciate. I don't mean to bash the Volcano; it just isn't the most convenient for my purposes.);

(3) Magic Flight Box (I love this for its portability, but I don't like it as much as the PD. I'd love to have a small, quiet, portable unit that provides clean vapor. I'm intrigued by the miVape.)

(4) Vapor Genie (It was my first one, and I gave it to a veteran with MS.)

Thanks for any help that you can provide. I hope that you all have a fun, peaceful, and healthy weekend.

Pete Jones,

max

Out to lunch
Purple Days (I really like this unit and found that I missed it and felt worse while it was out of commission awaiting a new plug-in transister. It's easy to use, very efficient, and quiet, and produces good, controllable medical doses. My one concern is whether it produces the cleanest vapor that I can get.
I'm not sure 'clean' is the best term to use. If you have, for example, a vapor path that includes only stainless steel (or aluminum) and glass, is it any cleaner than a path that's glass only? If you say yes, then you're saying that the vapor in the former is picking up impurities from the metal, and I'm not sure there's any truth to that. Vapor temps are low compared to the temps needed to alter aluminum, let alone steel. You can improve on the PD vapor path with the new CRZ, which takes the wood out of the vapor path, and insulates as well.

I'm intrigued by the miVape
In a vape this size, with the type of construction used, I think you'd be looking at a vapor path that may even involve the electronics. It's certainly not in the direction of clean vapor path, although I'm certainly not saying it's unsafe. If you're interested in a all glass vapor path, start to finish, without spending a lot of $, you might consider the Vapolution. Used with the optional 8" AIW bowl, there's no metal at all in the path, not even a screen. About $100 on eBay, plus the optional AIW bowl for about $20- hard to beat if all glass is your goal.

I'd love to have a small, quiet, portable unit that provides clean vapor.
If by small you mean pocket sized, I don't think you can do better than the LB right now. When you're talking stealth portable, there have to be compromises made with materials (even a glass Genie isn't all glass). Whether it's a VaporGenie or LB, you'll have metal and wood. Again, I'm not saying an all glass vapor path is clean, while labelling anything less as unclean. There's an implication that clean = safe, while less clean = less safe, and that's a jump I don't like to make, without facts to back it up.

max,

Nycdeisel

Great post, Max.

i just want to second his suggestion of the CRZ having a cleaner path then the PD, though the PD does work very well(and works well for you for your condition), it does not have a 100% sealed air path like the Zaps do now.

with that said, right now i have to recommend a Zap !

Nycdeisel,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom