Re-vaping avb.

PeteyS

Does anyone have some tips on the best way to re vape avb. Im typically a low temp vapourist, and upon looking at all my lightly tanned avb collecting in mason jars, I get a little bit of anxiety about what to do with it. Im not one to waste.

So lately ive been packing a few bowls of avb before bedtime with my DynaVap, and sometimes with my e nano. Here's the problem, it's really easy to combust with the dried out herb. But if I don't set the temp high enough, im not really getting the avb dark enough. Can someone share their routines in this area, and what vapes might work best for re vaping avb.
Thanks.
Pete.

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
I live in an non-legal country and i'm often left high and dry, so re-vaping avb is one solution to overcome such periods with no access to weed. I have made fairly good experiences when i revape my avb in my Herborizer XL and fully packing the big bowl. Because of the bigger amount of avb i can get fairly big hits depending on how much is left in the avb. Altough i have to set the temp on max (10 on the dial) because i tend to vape more often on the middel-to-high temp range. I only had 1-2 times issues with combusting, when my avb was really dry and the bowl was overfilled. I have tried it with different devices with smaller bowls like the DynaVap but with less good results. It could be that convection devices with a bigger capacity are better suited.

Last edited:

cosimo

Does anyone have some tips on the best way to re vape avb. Im typically a low temp vapourist, and upon looking at all my lightly tanned avb collecting in mason jars, I get a little bit of anxiety about what to do with it. Im not one to waste.

So lately ive been packing a few bowls of avb before bedtime with my DynaVap, and sometimes with my e nano. Here's the problem, it's really easy to combust with the dried out herb. But if I don't set the temp high enough, im not really getting the avb dark enough. Can someone share their routines in this area, and what vapes might work best for re vaping avb.
Thanks.
Pete.
it's a tough task and and bit nasty for me (i dont like avb taste at all) so i gave up and now use my avb for edibles.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
it's a tough task and and bit nasty for me (i dont like avb taste at all)
Me neither... it's kinda like eating your own poop, imo.

I made an alcohol slurry/tincture once out of huge can of it, pounded it down as a nasty-ass screwdriver, felt more booze effects than anything and then promptly fell asleep for like 18 hours.... meh. not for me. I give it all away to junkies and crackheads now. They love it! keeps 'em busy in the meantime (a good thing).

I've even read about peeps sprinkling that shit all over their salads like croutons or bacon bits... and WITH them...!? That's some hardcore shit right there... Respect? :hmm::bowdown::puke:

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
Oops! Now i outed myself as a poop-eater. :uhoh: But isn't avb just the state where you stopped to vape your flower? My avb is a mix of unvaped grinded crumbs to yellow-light brown avb. vaping it further is just like squeezing the rest of my flower imo. its more like making popcorn, roasting sesame or seeds or dry herbs you sprinkel over your pizza. there is no accounting for taste with regard but i don't vape ash of combusted flower :lol:

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
yeah, no, that would be only ash and inert. But I suppose regular ABV is more like "garbage" than "poop" to me, PERSONALLY, but yeah, either way it's waste = shit.

I tend to be extremely efficient and careful with almost everything I do.... that's why I get ALL the goods the first time 'round....:tup::rofl:

edit: for example: I've seen people wash, hang and dry used paper towels... that type of efficiency doesn't interest me, PERSONALLY, either...

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

I used to make canna-coconut butter from it and then make no-bake cookies. They were pretty famous for the effects they gave, as they were never predictable, lol. I quit that years ago, but recently have started saving the AVB again (because I stopped growing and started buying again). I have, again, tried many ways to enjoy AVB for it's 2nd life but it's not really worth it to me. I'm on the fence if I'll continue this or not, but I have settled on either steeping it in my tea, or putting it with peanut butter, nutella, or other strong tasting fatty food. And I occasionally get a buzz similar to eating a gummy from the dispo, but again, I'm on the fence whether I'll keep this up much longer. It's kind of a pain to save/store it for the little benefit it provides.

Good luck!

budski

cantre member
I only save it when I do a light low temp roast! I don't mind the roasted herb flavor the 2nd time thru if it never got over 380* and will sprinkle it in with some fresh for flavor roasted at high temp before bed. if it looks like coffee grounds it's compost, so still used

R1ng0

I only save it when I do a light low temp roast! I don't mind the roasted herb flavor the 2nd time thru if it never got over 380* and will sprinkle it in with some fresh for flavor roasted at high temp before bed. if it looks like coffee grounds it's compost, so still used
it's a tough task and and bit nasty for me (i dont like avb taste at all) so i gave up and now use my avb for edibles.
Basically its great for green dragon as alcohol totally drains any thc plus depending on the alcohol that you use it tastes ok white rum is good vodka is good even gin but essentially any good high alcohol high quality not paint stripper works just fine. Process i empty about half my abv into half a bottle of vodka give it a good shake add more vodka if required wrap in a brown paper bag leave for 24 hrs in a dark cupboard then remove and use tea strainers to filter out the abv leaving very nicely thc infused Vodka, gin, rum. So that is what i do with mine and there is still plenty left in unless it is black as in it combusted, in which case throw

Kebo1923

I'd recommend pushing a single vape session further rather than going back to ABV. I think that is your best chance of retaing terpenes in further heating. If you really want to keep and reuse maybe store with a bovida pack? I have no personal experiance but I have used them to breath new life into dry flower.

Last edited:

darkstar72

Could also extract with Everclear (high percentage alcohol). Shake it for a few minutes in a mason jar, let it sit for an hour, shake again and strain it through a coffee filter (green dragon). Then reduce by half to strengthen it. Outside with a rice cooker or instant pot and using a thermometer to ensure temp is above alcohol evaporation point but below THC degradation point. Reduce it in 10 minutes or so to half. Done or optionally transfer to oil. At half reduction add olive oil or coconut oil then continue to reduce until alcohol is gone (no more bubbles). Home made edible.

maremaresing

I had a bunch of jars of ABV, mostly CBD/hemp, all very darkly vaped. I was sure it was completely extracted and trash, because I vape at high temps all the time. My wife stopped me from throwing it away, and asked if she could try and make some butter and coconut oil extracts with it.

Swear to god it made incredible edibles. I have no idea how but waste not want not. I understand having an abundance of cannabis around so you toss your ABV, but I don't have an abundance of money around so it's nice to have some "free" treats instead of buying more.

Top Bottom