Re-"lighting" a "bowl" in the vaporizer

svt2nv

I bought a "da buddah" the other day. I find i look to set it at around 9 oclock and let it heat for a couple mins and take 3-4 pulls and I'm fairly good. It seems like I can't just pack enough that'll brown in 3-4 tokes so I pack just a nice little 1/8" layer cover the screen or so. Then I turn it off and come back at a later point to a "bowl" that is sitll rather green and I can never get it to re-light for the life of me. Why is that? I mean, before I was using a bong and would use much more weed to get the same effect, so throwing out this bit in the whip would still be using less than the old bong but it seems silly. Then it encourages me to just sit there until it's finished and I never really need that much.

svt2nv,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Wait... re-light? Try stirring it, or maybe add more herb to the bowl and just take your 3-4 rips? It won't mold or anything if you leave it in, lol. And save your ABV, it makes some awesome/great edibles depending on how much you vaporize it.

Quetzalcoatl,

svt2nv

What I mean is the smallest amount I can pack is more than I smoke in a sitting. so I turn it off and leave it sitting in the whip. when I go back to it at a later point, i can't really get it going again. even though it's pretty green.

svt2nv,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Welcome to FC. Do you turn the heat up as you go? Or pull a bit slower for a hotter temperature to vaporize the cannabinoids with higher boiling temps with effects usually more sedative. As for the size the load you can mod the whip by cutting a small piece of the whip and put in the bowl area to raise the screen a bit. I believe vapor brothers makes a mini wand you can buy also.

Puffers,

svt2nv

I find that at 3/4 of the way up on my DBV will allow me to smoke right through what i had packed. i'll hit it 3/4 times and it'll still be pretty bright green, and i'll set it down. if i turn it back on later to 3/4 again i can't get it to hit again. From there, full blast is only just over another 1/8th turn and i still can't get it "re-lit" (for lack of better term). and on a fresh load full blast would torch it.

svt2nv,

svt2nv

does letting my weed sit in the end of a hot whip after i finish with it the first time around just sit there burning off the cannabinoids? so even though when i go to finish it, it isn't brown or "spent" looking, but it actually doesn't have anything good to burn off it?

svt2nv,

svt2nv

Sorry for the triple post, I can't figure out if there is an edit button, but as I sit here on my second sitting with a loaded whip that i had smoked a bit off of a couple hours ago, i'm noticing that if i keep turning it up it is affecting me and it is slowly getting brown but i'm never capable of getting any sort of vapor "cloud" off it again. maybe that's what i'm noticing, not that i can't smoke off it again, but that it doesn't seem to smoke the same. fresh packed whip always gives decent amount of vapor the whole way through, but if you stop and come back to it at a later point it seems to vaporizer way slower or something?

svt2nv,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Sorry for the triple post, I can't figure out if there is an edit button, but as I sit here on my second sitting with a loaded whip that i had smoked a bit off of a couple hours ago, i'm noticing that if i keep turning it up it is affecting me and it is slowly getting brown but i'm never capable of getting any sort of vapor "cloud" off it again. maybe that's what i'm noticing, not that i can't smoke off it again, but that it doesn't seem to smoke the same. fresh packed whip always gives decent amount of vapor the whole way through, but if you stop and come back to it at a later point it seems to vaporizer way slower or something?

Well I don't think that's what your experiencing. You've pretty much used all the good vapor when you talk about those Clouds, and that's why you can't get it to re-vape. Have you taken your normal dose, and then monitored how much vapor you get left? Then repeat the process take 4 hits, turn it off, come back later. Etc. I've never been able to "reuse". I just try to use it in one sitting.

newVaper420,

svt2nv

but if i just use it in one sitting i can usually get good his for i'd guess about 6-8 times with the little amount i put in and then it's fairly brown and i toss it. but often i don't want that much so i'll turn it on and hid it say 3 times or so and then turn it off and put the whip aside still louded and the bud is still rather green, but if i try and go and re-vape that, i can't really get it to hit well again.

svt2nv,

SunnyHours

maybe it's just that you don't get as much vapor as the first hits, you also need to let it heat up a bit, for that I draw a bit of air from the whip. In my solo, the second time around there isn't much vapor left. Still some but maybe 10% the vapor I got on my first hits, it's almost not visible, so maybe that's what you are experiencing?

SunnyHours,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Herbs is already mostly vaped at the moment when it BEGINS to brown. First and most potent hits will not change color much. If you want to brown it, go up with temp and you could get some additional small clouds consisting of cbd's cbn's etc. Green colour doesn't necessarily mean it's as potent as fresh, actually it's the status of trichomes what tells how much it's vaped. IMO browning is separate process. With good enough vape (efficient convection) you can vape you herb almost fully without browning it at all and the opposite can happen too (MFLB's ABV is very dark, but still very potent, i can get another big cloud from it with my EQ).

Seek,
Reactions: KeroZen
Top Bottom