Re-dosing edibles/tinctures.

PeteyS

Hello all, Happy Friday to everyone.
At the moment im taking a break from vaping, and am trying out some thc tinctures and edibles.
So far the results are fantastic!, but I have noticed that when I Re-dose the edibles, I don't really feel any more effects. My re dose amount is usually the same amount as the original dose.
Im wondering if I should forget about re dosing, and just take a larger initial amount and stay high longer. Kinda scared though, because the high hits me so much differently then when using dry flower.

Any tips or tricks from fellow users would be great.
Thanks all, and enjoy the weekend.

Pete.

PeteyS

If no one wants to chime in here, I'll post my results so Far.
When I take an edible or tincture for the first time that day, I feel strong effects that last anywhere from 3-4 hours, then a strong need to sleep.
Usually, if vaping, ill re dose every 2 hours and stay medicated for as long as I need to, but for the edible/tinctures, the re dose has done nothing to help with my high. My conclusion is that re dosing just doesn't work the same with edibles/tinctures. Either that, or im just not taking a large enough re dose amount. My original dose is 35mg, and my re dose has been 35mg as well.

So to combat this, I have started taking a bigger single dose at the start of the day(40-50mg), and the plan is to ride out the high, and have it last longer so I won't have a need to re dose.
I also notice that the high is so much more gradual, and milder for me compared to flower, but the down sides are the lack of flexibility and not being able to re dose strategically. Im also missing out on the flavour and variety of strains, but am really enjoying giving my throat and lungs a break.

Top Bottom