Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

kenske

Greetings Everyone,

I received my package from Ryan today and couldn't be happier. The Splinter V1 is the 1st RBT product I own. I slapped it on a Wismec Reuleaux Gen3 and really dig it. This is a badass heater. I can get huge cool lung choking hits with it and the best part of it is when i check the bowl, the goods are barely even brown yet. The glass stems are thick and very well made. On top of that, the cs and generousity i got from Ryan is second to none. Looking forward to owning more RBT products in the future!

Attachments

• 20200530_185601.jpg
    20200530_185601.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200530_185701.jpg
    20200530_185701.jpg
    1,014.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200530_190404.jpg
    20200530_190404.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45

kenske

Wheres the best place to buy wismec? Their site has really long shipping times. My googling results in a lot of shady looking sites and out of stock notifications from legit looking sites.

I ordered from Wismec's site a week ago. Items were shipped within a day or so. Maybe i just lucked out? They always have flash/sales also. I scored a RX Gen3 mod with Gnome atomizer for just $29!

SquirrelMaster

I posted this on the box mod thread on ol' FC.
There's a new box mod by Lost Vape called the Centaurus that looks very similar (successor?) to the Paranormal and is on sale for preorder at Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250C Mod 200W Box Mod with dual 18650 batteries with the coupon code "CT250C". Carbon Fiber is $103.99, Abalone Shell is $113.99 and the Limited Stabwood Editions are $133.99.

That stainless steel crocodile stabwood is calling my name. Lost Vape makes the best looking mods, bar none imo.

androponic

vaped.
I posted this on the box mod thread on ol' FC.
There's a new box mod by Lost Vape called the Centaurus that looks very similar (successor?) to the Paranormal and is on sale for preorder at Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250C Mod 200W Box Mod with dual 18650 batteries with the coupon code "CT250C". Carbon Fiber is $103.99, Abalone Shell is $113.99 and the Limited Stabwood Editions are $133.99.

That stainless steel crocodile stabwood is calling my name. Lost Vape makes the best looking mods, bar none imo.
i just noticed that if you use the code CT250 its even cheaper !

Vlad the Inhaler

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@Shit Snacks so I just want to confirm ALL splinter Z versions take a 19/22. I straight up had someone convince me they only took a 19/19 even though I own a "Z" myself! Talked my way out of two cooling stem sales because of that if that's the case :doh::rofl:

Welcome to newFC!

Nice, yeah so the Splinter V1 / V1+ / V2 glass is actually 19/19, not 19/22 (only the Splinter Z, along with some other older models, are 19/22) I'm sorry you were misinformed!

And yeah it is normal to rotate the stem, many of us have developed that technique from back in the early days. The more you use it you'll be able control other factors for even extraction, like your inhale style and how you pack. Different mods can affect performance as well, enjoy!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks so I just want to confirm ALL splinter Z versions take a 19/22. I straight up had someone convince me they only took a 19/19 even though I own a "Z" myself! Talked my way out of two cooling stem sales because of that if that's the case :doh::rofl:

Yes, but remember there is always slight variance in glass so that doesn't necessarily mean the aftermarket stems will 100% fit regardless.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
All Zs have the room for it, so why not? I think the only reason RBT went with the 19mm length was the Splinters didn't have enough room to comfortably do it, tho my original splinter does.
Yes, but remember there is always slight variance in glass so that doesn't necessarily mean the aftermarket stems will 100% fit regardless.
And watch out for using a rimmed screen...

Vlad the Inhaler

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@Shit Snacks Oh believe me, I know all about that variance... I've had trouble to get my supplier give me the right size. actually just took a set of calipers to the stem I'm using now and actually it's a 19/23! and I use it with a rimmed screen! So the overall depth on that, I guess is 24mm. I think that's the limit on mine, I just didn't know about other Z's. I think I have a two hole Z V1 but I bought it second hand so no paperwork.

@CybrGuy good point. I always forget about the OG Splinters and cross compatibility, the only reason I don't make them into 19/19's is it adds a whole extra set of delicate steps to the glassblowing.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks Oh believe me, I know all about that variance... I've had trouble to get my supplier give me the right size. actually just took a set of calipers to the stem I'm using now and actually it's a 19/23! and I use it with a rimmed screen! So the overall depth on that, I guess is 24mm. I think that's the limit on mine, I just didn't know about other Z's. I think I have a two hole Z V1 but I bought it second hand so no paperwork.

@CybrGuy good point. I always forget about the OG Splinters and cross compatibility, the only reason I don't make them into 19/19's is it adds a whole extra set of delicate steps to the glassblowing.

Oh right! Sorry I forgot who you were for a second, I thought the name was familiar! Yeah so for your custom stems, 19/22 should be fine for all Splinter Z (and Tetra vapes too) but not regular Splinters...

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
Question:
the holes (I don't know how else to call them) of your xl8r are perfectly aligned?
one happened to me with the holes not perfectly aligned ...
is it to be considered defective or is it because it is a handmade product and are they all different from each other?

TiSteamo,

LabPong

Question:
the holes (I don't know how else to call them) of your xl8r are perfectly aligned?
one happened to me with the holes not perfectly aligned ...
is it to be considered defective or is it because it is a handmade product and are they all different from each other?

Yes it is because they are hand made with little variations.

LabPong,
Reactions: TiSteamo

Shit Snacks

Just received nu P80 unit thank u @VGoodiez! Preloaded with evic fw, still not sure how to set it where I can hit fire button once let it go and it heats (auto fire) if anyone can chime in? Otherwise more experimenting needed.

There is a setting to turn that on and adjust time (I recommend 25sec not infinity), and it will have to be a long press of the fire button, not just click to hold down otherwise it will be like normal btw

Shit Snacks

I did that @Shit Snacks went to settings, vape, autofi on to 30 sec. and AT set to infinity
Should I enable preheat? Or nah

Hm both should be set to same, no infinity... I also thought 25 sec was the limit but maybe they changed it to 30 now? Sorry this is surmyevic?
No need for preheat, if needed say from cold, just do it manually (wait before first draw a few sec)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: chaos191

Shit Snacks

Yeah so I set them to match, I guess one is if you are holding down the trigger for on-demand mode, then that could be Infinity, but realistically it's not really going to be more than 30 seconds anyway so I keep it at 30 too (25 in my case, for my custom Z, while my SplinterV2 is at 45sec with ArcticFox)

Shit Snacks,

Choices

Greetings RBT 510 Crowd! I had the good fortune of getting one of the $4.20 cracked wood V1 Splinters. Upon arrival I had a difficult time seeing the imperfection but eventually I found it. If only I could make my way through life with that level of imperfection! In any event I hooked it up to my Vaporesso Target Mini II. I left it in wattage mode, 28 watts, preheat 2 seconds, and boom tasty terps by the barrel! I know this mod is a bit underpowered from a number of uses per charge standpoint but it holds up nicely and is incredibly stealth. So far I can get about 4 -5 bowls per charge even while stepping it up to eventual finishes at 40 Watts. $4.20 V-1,1 and a $11.00 Mod. So for under $20 I have a tasty little machine! This thing is going to see a lot of attention going forward!

F-UCTD

I have a cracked glass V1, is there any way of replacing the glass with a metal sleeve and would that even work. I didn't drop the unit, I just switched it on and used it like normal and then I heard a crack. I assume the glass expanded when it got hot and there wasn't enough tolerance for expansion between it and the wood. Appreciate your help guys.

Vapor Chaser,

Marlon Rando

Had an interesting time with P80, good results had some charing with avb.. Perhaps I'll use it with a stempod or Musa, da Z went back on Dovpo's Mono SQ using one of Frank's themes, although there's no autofi using this mod, avb is nice and light brown. Cheers20200608_153959.jpeg

Chandler

Had a Splinter Z v2 for probably about a year. Set it up, then put it down. Can't remember why... With all the Tiny Might acclaim I find myself (already with every vape in the world) thinking about one. But why do that when I've barely tried my splinter? Pulled it out this weekend. After one evening I packed up my current DD's n put them away. They'll come back, but I'm blown away. Day #4 exclusive usage, lemme break it down.

Flavor. Fantastic. imo, It's comparable to my G43, better than my vrod. Flavor lasts throughout the session. Clouds are as dense as you'd like them to be. I'm at 35, 36w blowing clouds, nowhere near combustion. Vapor is smooth, potent on demand. I'd say the effects are pretty much as great as the best I use. I'm using a DNA drone mod. Battery life? WOW. THE BEST PORTABLE BATTERY LIFE I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED BY FAR! Dual 18650's granted, but unbelievable.

Cons. It's tall, combined with the mod, it's large. A large portable. Turning a stem upside down on top of the heater, herbs will drop down there. Can't be helped. I have some debris down there I can't get out, but it doesn't have a noticeable effect. I brush it out periodically...

Not much bad I can say. A shame I just recognized the power. TM, n tetra VAS has been quenched for the time being!
Kills my Mighty, G43 n Elev8r are home portables imo. This is the best all around portable I own

Top Bottom