Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Haha, yeah that TAG 14 mm/18 mm adapter is huge and looks like 2. There's the TAG dropdown ash catcher, the 14/18 adapter, then the WPA is all.

Try this.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Try this.

Or these if you break them like me

Canna Chameleon

Canna Chameleon,
Reactions: cybrguy

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good Vibes Boro can cut down joints to fit, and make any custom WPA, cost more with the cutting down of course but worth it imo (had him cut down the male on one of the 18-18 injector bowls I got so I could use it as a 19/19 to female adapter too so I can use any 19/26 male glass with them if I want to)

Mad_Max

Get yourself a double male 18mm to 14mm wpa adapter and eliminate some of the height and stress on your glass. Nice setup though, just don’t wanna see your leaning tower come crashing down.
It's hard to argue with this - it's just waiting for the chance to fall over! (I couldn't find the :pee yourself: emoji) I may have to rename it "The Tower of Terror!"

Try this.

This is a better solution that works and doesn't need an adapter, for about $30 US delivered. But, the Z can take the standard 18 is my understanding, though it I haven't used one. I wonder if it would change the heating dynamics, being right on (or at least closer to) the heater like the v2.

Good Vibes Boro can cut down joints to fit, and make any custom WPA, cost more with the cutting down of course but worth it imo (had him cut down the male on one of the 18-18 injector bowls I got so I could use it as a 19/19 to female adapter too so I can use any 19/26 male glass with them if I want to)
I have 2 curved GVB stems, and one of them won't hold a screen, except that out of the dozens of screens I have, there is one that's squished just right to fit in there and still have some decent capacity, otherwise I couldn't use it. Which reminded me that @FearAndLawyering said the same thing about the cut joints can have a larger ID than one made to spec. I guess ymmv. I only have the 2 stems :cry:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
have 2 curved GVB stems, and one of them won't hold a screen, except that out of the dozens of screens I have, there is one that's squished just right to fit in there and still have some decent capacity, otherwise I couldn't use it. Which reminded me that @FearAndLawyering said the same thing about the cut joints can have a larger ID than one made to spec. I guess ymmv. I only have the 2 stems :cry:

That is true that it affects the diameter for the screens to fit, but literally every stem I have is different, there is so much variance in the glass, and I have a ton of different basket screens rimmed and rimless from a variety of sources so I can always find something to fit well personally

Petetbay

After a bunch of convection discussion I took out the Splinter Z last nite and rocked an old stem I use with custom screens and glass beads for cooling. It‘s a Planet Vape Splinter stem meant for cap use and a 11mm joint length which increases the distance to the heater so nice.

Mad_Max

I could use some help - I forgot how to set a different mode from M1 to M2 or M3 in Tubo? I now how to set the TCR for each mode but not to actually change it from default/M1. :bang:

EDIT: I finally found it after a couple of hours of screwing around :cuss:

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I could use some help - I forgot how to set a different mode from M1 to M2 or M3 in Tubo? I now how to set the TCR for each mode but not to actually change it from default/M1. :bang:
menu>interface>clicks> set 4 to edit
menu>coils>TCR for setting M2 ..
menu> 4 clicks> click + / - until you reach the option to change to M2

but I really liked TCR 185 for Splinter V2
maybe it will be good for Z
like, locking the resistance 0.016 below cold ... using TCR 185

GoldenBud,

Mad_Max

menu>interface>clicks> set 4 to edit
menu>coils>TCR for setting M2 ..
menu> 4 clicks> click + / - until you reach the option to change to M2

but I really liked TCR 185 for Splinter V2
maybe it will be good for Z
like, locking the resistance 0.016 below cold ... using TCR 185
Yeah I'm doing all that your saying there and TCR 185 is the number for me. I also go .022 under

I got all this from you in the first place!!

Mad_Max

ah for Z also 0.022? great to know!
I used minus 0.022 for V2 :)
No, just when using the V2. I have the Z on another mod with the color display and profiles. I can't figure what the TCR is on it , but it has profiles for maybe 6 devices in there.

I just now have been vaping with the Predator and V2, using all the numbers except I didn't reduce the resistance, and I combusted bad! :puke:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have enough RBT products that I would not be totally devastated if one self destructed, but it is a reminder that they do after all have glass innards so they remain a fragile commodity and would be difficult to replace.

cybrguy,

Canna Chameleon

Smashed my v2 to bits today, it fell on asphalt. Not a big deal, luckily I have a couple units but a reminder to hold RBT products tight outside of home. I used my unit fairly often so I got my money's worth lol
@FearAndLawyering can replace the glass. If you decide it’s worth the cost, depending on what you paid and how much you love it.

LooseCucumber

@FearAndLawyering can replace the glass. If you decide it’s worth the cost, depending on what you paid and how much you love it.

Thank you for the suggestion, much love to @FearAndLawyering , I have a couple CX that work great, v2 is the "beater". I was lucky enough to get some cheap Splinters from Ryan during his Black Friday sale in 2021, so one broken Splinter is not the end of the world.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Top Bottom