Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

WirtDog

Factory stem is not the way to go, youll need some cooling to get comfortable hits. You should start hitting it immediately with no heat up time at a very slow draw, and then increase your draw speed when you sense heat on your lips. 3 seconds on 3 seconds off for the button, for between 12 and 18 seconds. Milaana is all about balancing your draw speed.
I have 2 non factory longer cooling stems? But, they do not fit as well as the short factory stems. I found recently a longer stem which is pictured with a Milaana 3 for $ 50 and I am tempted to buy it. I keep thinking this should be a really excellent vape!

I will also agree with a suggestion to just use the Milaana 3 as a daily driver and not switch vapes frequently? I try but I just get so frustrated with the Milaana 3 I just put it away again. I got it to replace my Mighty OG because I did not feel it extracted efficiently enough. Someone commented about the Sticky Brick? I can get massive clouds from my SB even though I occasionally burn the load. With the Milaana 3 I have never gotten satisfactory vapor?

GoldenBud

Just be warned this will make it much harder to sell if you do want to sell it.
I agree, but mine sold in 183$ then the owner sold it in 200$ (he did added few stems tho) . so around 10%-20% less, but you get to enjoy the Mi3 better.
(Mi3 price is around 220$ when 2 stems are included and probably a wpa/cooling stem too in the used market i assume)
Why in Hell would you use a screwdriver and not a drill bit? You barbarian! :rofl:
which tool? like a mini 3V drill? i only owned a screwdrivers and Impact driver in my life so an Impact driver is too much and I found myself having more control with a screwdriver :lol:

GoldenBud,
Reactions: WirtDog

GoldenBud

I have wondered about that tiny air intake. I don't think there is anything wrong with the vape. I have taken very good care of it. I am not hell bent on selling it. Just being honest about my experience.
It's too tiny. way too tiny. you will enjoy if you enlarge it. you may lose 10% if you sell it, but you may keep it for 3-4 years then the price will be higher than 220$ i assume, so you may sell it in a price tag of 250$ within 3-4 years.. the "RSVP" of the second market will be maybe around 300$ or 280$ who knows

@WirtDog which stem u have? don't use regular 19mm stems, you need 19/19 stems. talk to user GoodVibesBoro or get a wooden Eds-Tnt stem or so.

19/19mm wooden stem/Wpa from dreamwood also works

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

WirtDog

I went ahead and ordered from O'Connell Woodworks the GVB RBT stem I mentioned pictured on a Milaana 3? Hope it is a good fit? I will utilize all good suggestions you have shared! I did not mention I am using the Molicel recommended batteries. Please feel free with any other suggestions? I appreciate all the input!!

GoldenBud

I went ahead and ordered from O'Connell Woodworks the GVB RBT stem I mentioned pictured on a Milaana 3? Hope it is a good fit? I will utilize all good suggestions you have shared! I did not mention I am using the Molicel recommended batteries. Please feel free with any other suggestions? I appreciate all the input!!
it's a great stem indeed
you also have 19/19 here

Hippie

There are still a few RBT cooling kits out there

Or you can sand these down to fit

Try the straw pack method, if you haven't already ;)
(suck the weed into the stem)

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
@RogueGuy has a bunch of rbt stuff on his website too.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I have wondered about that tiny air intake. I don't think there is anything wrong with the vape. I have taken very good care of it. I am not hell bent on selling it. Just being honest about my experience.
My experience with my Mi2 was so enjoyable right out the box, the feathering technique took just a few minutes to master. So pleasurable that I never even tried my Mi3, sold it new in box after reading so much about the Mi3 running hotter. I like it cooler not hotter, so bought a second Mi2 instead.

Hippie

I've used 600 grit or a diamond dremel tool to sand and 800 grit to finish
Work outside, wear goggles and a mask to minimise dust exposure
Wet the area regularly
And give it a good wash and rinse to clean up

GoldenBud

My experience with my Mi2 was so enjoyable right out the box, the feathering technique took just a few minutes to master. So pleasurable that I never even tried my Mi3, sold it new in box after reading so much about the Mi3 running hotter. I like it cooler not hotter, so bought a second Mi2 instead.
yeah man the Mi2 air intake hole is bigger for sure.... seen from pics, never had a Mi2, take me back few years and I would get it for sure :D

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

As I said the air intake was done that way to remove that as a variable, so that you could control with the button instead...

Also meant to quote your other post responding to me about trying to use only the Milaana, and I agree if it is frustrating ultimately then it might be time to pass it on to someone else then, it might not be for you, like I said it is so different from the brick practically and I also did not enjoy the mighty and got rid of it along with many others...

Was it in stock? I think he used to have custom order set up for GVB... GVB has his own site now too, and you can contact him here or on IG, he can cut down any Tetra stem to fit 19/19 RBT, but if you have more cooling you won't get as much feedback, you'll have to be better with your timing, sometimes if it's big enough you could watch the vapor too but then it's still a tricky timing game without sensing the vapor on your tongue...

And be advised there is always variance with glass so even if stems are 19/19 supposed to fit they might not fit perfectly and there are a variety of solutions for this... I also like are endless basket screen inside instead of the rimmed ones but they can be hard to find and fit right

GoldenBud

As I said the air intake was done that way to remove that as a variable, so that you could control with the button instead...
it means that you need to use a faster draw sooner... reduce airflow, requires faster draw.
enhance airflow, enables slower draw for longer time (like a Mi2)
(i think)

btw I don't think GVB is doing glass jobs in the next 2-3 weeks (according to his IG story) but you can msg him if need more stems he'll tell you when he will be back I assume, I liked his 19/19 stems

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

it means that you need to use a faster draw sooner... reduce airflow, requires faster draw.
enhance airflow, enables slower draw for longer time (like a Mi2)
(i think)

Yeah, the slow draw is important for the original, but not the 3, I think it had seemed most people wanted to be able to just rip it without carefully thinking... Honestly that is more how I use these things now myself, because I got used to regulation and other vapes, probably part of why I like the 3 a lot

btw I don't think GVB is doing glass jobs in the next 2-3 weeks (according to his IG story) but you can msg him if need more stems he'll tell you when he will be back I assume, I liked his 19/19 stems

He never stopped, he just was only doing a couple days a week, he was still doing regular drops... And that project in the yard is almost done, that post was that he only has about 2 weeks left on that job and he will be able to go back to full-time glass work... So if anything what you're saying is good news lol but it always takes a while and patience for a custom of course (but if you order a Tetra stem and want it cut down that shouldn't have much wait at all, he doesn't really make much RBT stems anymore, easier to just use the long joint for tetra and his quartz killer, although he has capsule stems for that too where it is cut down even more... He made a new style or a flat screen can sit on spikes in the joint that I am looking forward to trying... Anyway any of these you order and say you want to cut down for 19/19 RBT is all to do)

GoldenBud

Yeah, the slow draw is important for the original, but not the 3, I think it had seemed most people wanted to be able to just rip it without carefully thinking... Honestly that is more how I use these things now myself, because I got used to regulation and other vapes, probably part of why I like the 3 a lot
I used it as a 1-2 hitter.. 6 seconds preheat (even with a fresh full charged battery) then 4 seconds without clicking, then clicking with super fast draw for 6-12 seconds... if the device was already hot, 3-4 seconds preheat is enough..

Shit Snacks

I used it as a 1-2 hitter.. 6 seconds preheat (even with a fresh full charged battery) then 4 seconds without clicking, then clicking with super fast draw for 6-12 seconds... if the device was already hot, 3-4 seconds preheat is enough..

I always use (and have used) the Milaana to naturally temp step a bowl rotating the stem

WirtDog

Also meant to quote your other post responding to me about trying to use only the Milaana, and I agree if it is frustrating ultimately then it might be time to pass it on to someone else then, it might not be for you, like I said it is so different from the brick practically and I also did not enjoy the mighty and got rid of it along with many others...

Was it in stock? I think he used to have custom order set up for GVB... GVB has his own site now too, and you can contact him here or on IG, he can cut down any Tetra stem to fit 19/19 RBT, but if you have more cooling you won't get as much feedback, you'll have to be better with your timing, sometimes if it's big enough you could watch the vapor too but then it's still a tricky timing game without sensing the vapor on your tongue...

And be advised there is always variance with glass so even if stems are 19/19 supposed to fit they might not fit perfectly and there are a variety of solutions for this... I also like are endless basket screen inside instead of the rimmed ones but they can be hard to find and fit right
They had one 19/19 left which is the one I ordered? Now showing sold out. You make an excellent point about fit? I have 2 supposedly 19/19 longer stems that do not fit as well as the factory short stems? That has bugged me as they both have a slight rocking and do not fit as well as expected. I hope the one I just ordered will fit better.

I like the Milaana 3 as Ryan spent a good amount of time with me explaining the design and changes from Milaana 2. This is really the first time I have not been able to get good performance from a vape. It should be much better than what I have been able to get so far.

I am going to hold off hogging out the air intake until I have a chance to try this new stem. It would be better to do that with the glass element removed. There is not much distance in the air intake before you would hit the glass element and break it. I don't want to break mine!

GoldenBud

I am going to hold off hogging out the air intake until I have a chance to try this new stem.
The GVB cooling stem 100% supports super fast draw, but I am not sure you like to use it this way?
either way, give us an update soon :D

GoldenBud,
Reactions: WirtDog

WirtDog

The GVB cooling stem 100% supports super fast draw, but I am not sure you like to use it this way?
either way, give us an update soon :D
Will do for sure! I am open to any techniques that yield best performance? I have only been using 1 draw technique? With fully charged battery I depress the button for 4-5 seconds and start a very slow inhale. When I sense heat I get off the button. Continuing with small short inhales similar to how I use the Mighty. After I get off the button I start a feather technique. I can get vapor but nothing impressive? This vape should be a good performer. I suspect my technique is not the best. Appreciate all the input!!

WirtDog,

GoldenBud

Will do for sure! I am open to any techniques that yield best performance? I have only been using 1 draw technique? With fully charged battery I depress the button for 4-5 seconds and start a very slow inhale. When I sense heat I get off the button. Continuing with small short inhales similar to how I use the Mighty. After I get off the button I start a feather technique. I can get vapor but nothing impressive? This vape should be a good performer. I suspect my technique is not the best. Appreciate all the input!!
I used it 99% of the time like I described in message 1817 with a wooden WPA on a bubbler, liked this one hitter

GoldenBud,

FearAndLawyering

this sounds right, just gotta practice the on/off button. make sure to use a dimpled cooling stem - it will let you push higher temps without being as harsh

Shit Snacks

Yeah press the button again while still inhaling, on, off, it's a game

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Don’t forget the battery level as another variable. Fresh charge will be hotter, and duration depends on your usage style.

No battery indicator, so keep an eye as the heater starts performing less and less.

Top Bottom