rather a mini oil rig or medium sized?

rizlafreak

two dog star
Which one would you rather buy?

Mini (height 16cm) or Medium (24cm)?

What do you think about the very simple chillum style diffusor?

rizlafreak,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
This looks like it could be cool... tho a lil weird with the relatively small base/foot?:
Super easy to clean with the big downstem joint....

But honestly, probably neither style from them, and I'd look into one of these for a little bit more (assuming you're looking around Germany?)...:
w/the diffuser "clutch" (downstem)...:tup:

I've grown to really love my 3-piece bubblers!

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
If that's all you want, I suppose it's a much cheaper alternative... sure, why not? but I like options... apparently a little bit more than money...:rolleyes:

Get the other one and you'll be set for many years to come... looks to be a super versatile unit. I've always wanted one, but the shipping puts it out of reach for me... good luck!

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
What about this?:
Comes complete unless you want to get the whip extra and it'll save you some money with the fixed downstem, but I bet it's still pretty easy to clean, you just won't have the option of changing the perc. Looks really nice tho, and I have heard other users rave about theirs...

Last edited:

rizlafreak

two dog star
I think I might get the akw, power tower or similar in 2 months or so. till then I would get me the piece of "verdampftnochmal".
I will use this then to move around. Not fancy but I can imagine,
how it will be the better choice.

Last edited:
rizlafreak,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Sorry, I don't understand... you say you want to get a piece from Verdampftnochmal in a couple of months, but you want to get which one first, the Johnny Dabbs...?

Bologna,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@anal probe

I have both the ehle akw v2 and the ehle power tower.
I much prefer the power tower. Less volume. It is obviously taller but I find still very stable even with drop downs etc. Unfortunately our of stock at moment.

You can source lots of different downstems (puffinbird sometimes has good selection). The ehle stem is v nice but quite expensive.

I also have the glass mp to use with a whip you linked which imo is rubbish. Tiny hole, really restrictive. Used once and put in a draw.
I use something like this:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
This is what I use for a mouthpiece with some of the nice fat tubing that came with the Sticky Brick HydroMaxx (they have nice adapters etc there too):
See:

It works surprisingly well and should be cheap if you find something similar. I also use this, as both this one and the other one suck and were totally useless as actual banger caps:
This one is a bit smaller and works well with old leftover tubing that came with my now defunct Sneaky Pete mini globe bubbler:

Edit: Ha, no, I'm not from Italy, I was shit-out at Mass General in Boston in 1966... I've never been there either, tho I do want to go...! It's just something I'm usually "full of" here.... the American saying actually being something like: "You're full of baloney!" Which is a nicer way of saying "Full of shit"...:tup:✌️

Last edited:

rizlafreak

two dog star
wow, lovely kit!
some pre-coolers would add up fine for sure...
the glass mouth piece will be a carp cap then, great idea! ... :)

So I just ordered the Water Tool deBlub GTF V2,
but I will buy a different (percolator/showerhead) chillum somewhere else for more bubbles (tuning, eh).

Also I ordered this turp slurper as well. Hopefully it's not junk...

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
wow, lovely kit!
some pre-coolers would add up fine for sure...
the glass mouth piece will be a carp cap then :)

I just ordered the Water Tool deBlub GTF V2,
but I will buy some percolator/showerhead chillum for more bubbles.

I also ordered this turp slurper as well. Hopefully it's not junk...
Oh, ha, thanks...! But I'm just kinda messing around there checking out products and stuff, that's not a regular setup but it does illustrate some of the added versatility of a 3-piece type bubbler. I like ash catchers, or wet pre-coolers primarily for when I use flower with the Terp Hammer system cuz the thing's a weed pig and tons keif and plant particles fall thru the screen when you stir and they usually help keep the larger piece clean longer... For dabs usually try to somewhat limit the bubbles and go more for straight unfiltered flavor and tackle the "tickle" with temp or dabbing surface etc... but that's just what I do... we are all different, and prefer different things for different reasons.

Please be careful buying a cap for a mouthpiece, and make sure it fits the tubing and your airflow needs (not too restrictive etc)... again, I just basically lucked out with repurposing the ones I bought.

The one thing odd that I did notice about the whip 3-piece bubbler you're looking at is that they try to sell you a whip adapter with it.... it comes with that built-in so I'm not sure how you'd use it... 🤔

I've never used a slurper of any kind...

rizlafreak

two dog star
The whip adapter is for your vaporizer, when connected via whip.
Like seen in this setup: link

Thanks for the nice support! ;)
I'll keep you updated on this topic...

rizlafreak,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Ah yes, of course...! I guess I was just picturing why you'd use it dabbing with a banger, ha...!

Honestly, I'd go with @Chicken No Name's recommendation for a mouthpiece as he obviously knows waaaaay more than I about this exact product. It's still may be relatively inexpensive, but why risk it?

Anytime, and please do!

rizlafreak

two dog star
It's mini and it's very powerful. I think it's really smart with the silicone hose... you can dab it very slowly and so with extremely dense vapor but at the same time really smooth till it enters the lungs, then inhale faster. From the first hit on, I love how it performs! but it's a proven concept for vapor, so why don't use it here as well... :)
Just tested with a tiny 10mm oil nail (cbd only of course)...
PS. I will defenitly buy the ehle power tower.

profilbilder kostenlos

How do I upload pics here...?

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Nice! Yeah, it looked a lil small, but with that big foot, it certainly makes it more stable than my old SP mini-globe, especially w/the whip attached it was super tippy (not why it broke).... not a good feature for cheap, thin glass 🙄 The main drawback with silicone tubing, for me, is that it stains quickly and permanently and kinda looks nasty, even if it's clean. The best thing I've found (in addition to using an ultra-sonic cleaner) for cleaning are those stiff long tube/bottle brushes you can get really cheap online, and ream em with soap and hot water... do it regularly and they will last a lot longer (I'd prolly cut off a shorter hunk or 2). Looks like good tubing tho... ha, like the wigwag cap/mouthpiece...! It works well for you? Not too restricted?

Glad yer happy!

Bologna,

rizlafreak

two dog star
thanks... its not too restricted, works really quite perfect. :tup:
Since I'm a huge fan of hookahs/shishas, it's really cool to have.
And it's very convenient, especially should it be suited if you want to offer a dab to someone inexperienced, eg. on a festival or so... it won't be dropped then.

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

coolbreeze

Now I ordered bangers and Nails and a cheap recycler bong. Will show them soon...

What do you think about this little dab rig?
It looks nice, I'd like to have it for 70€ (outlet blowoff).
But I guess i could have it from dhgate a lot cheaper.

Blaze Glass dab rig with candy glass
I have a real nice inline rig by Black Leaf, a sister brand to Blaze, and it's a nice pipe, I really like it. The one you posted has a bigger reservoir and maybe fatter slits, but I would expect pretty good flavor as a result, and pretty good cooling, too. For 70€ it's probably worth checking out.

rizlafreak

two dog star
thanks coolbreeze! Now just for a general observation on diffusors/percolators.
Just not shure if diffusors are really making sense on an oil rig, since the vapor is already clean and smooth - I'm not sure if I shall invest some money for a nice EHLE diffusor chillum for the new little hookah.
I've got the impression that with a simple chillum you have way less condensed concentrate (loss) in your rig. that explains why this setup hits like a fr(e)ighttrain...
In my theory, the concentrate cools very much down at the glass of the diffusor, where all the vapor passes through. and therefore with a diffusor you should get way less bang in your bucket...

Probably it's better not to change the running system. On the other hand, I can use it for another pipe and won't be senseless purchased... Decisions...

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

rizlafreak

two dog star
Yes, fiddling around with stuff is part of the addiction... :lol:

Oh btw, I found some nice glass filter tips, which would make up nice mouthpieces for the hookah style oil rigs. branded "marley". I might get them too once.

rizlafreak

two dog star
I think I wont get the beautiful oil rig I posted above.
The vapor is so much smoother inhaled with the mini shisha (= hookah) setup.
I really appreciate it. You can inhale giant dabs without stress, since it's such smooth vapor. Much better way to dab/vape in my opinion, than with just an oil rig ... and then it's more convcenient. I just place the torch 25cm next to it,
which luckily has the perfect height...
Wait some time, put it diagonally (or just rotate the nail at the stem) and then after another 20-30 secs. it's time to drop some concentrate in the now upgraded fat 18.8 titan domeless nail. good enough for my needs. Flavor is quite good and you can pack it up like a mule...
-> No hassle with glass! Better Vapor. And it has in my opinion more coolness (call it style) to it...

now the cbd is strong in me... vaporizes bad mood and any anxiety or bad feelings. :cool:

PS: I'll save the money for the EHLE power tower.

Next upgrade will be a magnet to the torch and the "hookah"
so I can put it safely on a metal rolling tray, it will be purrfect.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I think I wont get the beautiful oil rig I posted above.
The vapor is so much smoother inhaled with the mini shisha (= hookah) setup.
I really appreciate it. You can inhale giant dabs without stress, since it's such smooth vapor. Much better way to dab/vape in my opinion, than with just an oil rig ... and then it's more convcenient. I just place the torch 25cm next to it,
which luckily has the perfect height...
Wait some time, put it diagonally (or just rotate the nail at the stem) and then after another 20-30 secs. it's time to drop some concentrate in the now upgraded fat 18.8 titan domeless nail. good enough for my needs. Flavor is quite good and you can pack it up like a mule...
-> No hassle with glass! Better Vapor. And it has in my opinion more coolness (call it style) to it...

now the cbd is strong in me... vaporizes bad mood and any anxiety or bad feelings. :cool:

PS: I'll save the money for the EHLE power tower.

Next upgrade will be a magnet to the torch and the "hookah"
so I can put it safely on a metal rolling tray, it will be purrfect.
That's a nice little pipe you have and the Ehle aught to be excellent as well. I do love my inline tube, mostly for bong rips though. The ones you've chosen are a lot like the Goo Roo 3-piece/Roor Vapor Rig/Herbo Vapor Bubbler, etc, and as you've noted, excellent for session-style use.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I'm thinking about getting a dabx mk1. what do you think about it?

"I think, no"... what my mother said verbatim to my fiancé when she asked about adding something to our wedding reception... so, we told my parents to fuck off and paid for it all ourselves... they're lucky they even got invited after that, fuckers...! And for around $200 US, or maybe a little more, I think you can get a much better product.
That's a nice little pipe you have and the Ehle aught to be excellent as well. I do love my inline tube, mostly for bong rips though. The ones you've chosen are a lot like the Goo Roo 3-piece/Roor Vapor Rig/Herbo Vapor Bubbler, etc, and as you've noted, excellent for session-style use.
I suspect EHLE makes the Water Tool deBlub GTF V2 directly for Verdampftnochmal...? Could be wrong tho... and 3-piece bubblers are great general purpose devices... for sessions, rips, flower and dabs... you name it! Any serious vaporist should have at least one in their arenal...:brow::science::tup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom