Random Quizinfomation time

purplechango

I like learning the odd tidbits of information that sometimes seem to slip thru the cracks or just arent normal everyday conversation? Dont you?

Well I figured we all have those answers or random info that might help someone win a million dollars or just make for entertaining conversation.

here you go

Ill start

Did you know

The United States has never lost a war in which mules were used.

purplechango,

purplechango

i didnt mean to have the second one, but i thought this was fitting to the forum

did you know

The earliest recorded case of a man giving up smoking was on April 5, 1679, when Johan Katsu, Sheriff of Turku, Finland, wrote in his diary "I quit smoking tobacco." He died one month later.

purplechango,

purplechango

In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.

Talk about green energy

purplechango,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
The term "the whole 9 yards" came from World War II fighter pilots in the South Pacific. When arming their airplanes on the ground, the .50 caliber machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet, before being loaded into the fuselage. If the pilots fired all their ammo at a target, it got "the whole 9 yards".

A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

Physicist Murray Gell-Mann named the sub-atomic particles known as quarks for a random line in James Joyce, "Three quarks for Muster Mark!"

A whale's penis is called a dork.

Lycanthrope,

purplechango

obscure law

In Louisiana, a bill was introduced years ago in the State House of Representatives that fixed a ceiling on haircuts for bald men of 25 cents.

purplechango,

purplechango

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.........

"why this peanut butter stick taste sooo........KA-BOOM"

purplechango,

purplechango

The amazing computational power of your brain only requires about 10 watts of power to operate.

purplechango,

purplechango

*According to one report, it would take 800 joints to kill a personbut the cause of death would be carbon monoxide poisoning.

*The first recorded use of marijuana as a medicinal drug occurred in 2737 B.C. by Chinese emperor Shen Nung. The emperor documented the drugs effectiveness in treating the pains of rheumatism and gout.

purplechango,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Fuck is the most versatile word in the English language.:o

the little plastic doohickeys on the ends of your shoelaces are called aglets.

Baltimore was the first city in America to have gas lights and they were provided by (Rembrandt) Peale's gaslight company of Baltimore.

Electricity hums in the key of E. My HS choir director never used a pitch pipe, he used the hum of the florescent lights.

herbgirl,
Top Bottom