Raccoon in our house!!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm not usually up at this time of night, but we just had a raccoon in our house!! It ran in the back door when my husband was walking out with the dogs. It ran through the whole house into our back bathroom! My husband was finally able to chase it out the back door (with a broom) after I was running through the house like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation for a couple minutes, trying to keep the dogs away from it.

There was only one injury. I scratched my shoulder pretty bad on our bedroom doorframe running from the raccoon, but it's superficial. It just looks really bad. That had to be one of the weirdest experiences of my life! Now I'm trying to nurse my bloody wound and calm down enough to try and sleep! :lol:

Vicki,

lwien

Were you buzzed when that happened?

Raccoon comes in for a visit. Dogs going crazy. Raccoon goes in full frenzy mode.

Man, I'd be like.......... :o:uhoh::o.....................:lmao:

lwien,
Reactions: Vicki

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vicki you had quite a night! :lol:

I've never had racoons in the house but we have a squirrel that gets in once in a while. It's never gotten into the main part of the house; just in the walls. Freaks me out though. I keep envisioning the thing eating it's way through the wall and dropping down on my head or something. I run around the house like a banshee, screaming at the ceiling. My neighbors.... oh what they must think.... :lol:

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Were you buzzed when that happened?
Raccoon comes in for a visit. Dogs going crazy. Raccoon goes in full frenzy mode.
Man, I'd be like.......... :o:uhoh::o.....................:lmao:

No, I was in bed sleeping until my husband ran into the bedroom yelling..."Get up! There's a raccoon in the house!" :lol:

Vicki you had quite a night!

Yes, I did! I didn't get back to sleep until around 5AM. There was a little damage, and clean up. He seemed to want to climb the damn walls! He was hanging on the shower curtain, then climbed over to the bathroom curtain and broke the curtain rod.

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
When raccoons tried to get on our back porch, Momma just chase 'em off with a broom!

This one slipped right past my husband, and the dogs as they were going out the back door. Quick little thing, I'll give him that. My husband used the broom to push him back towards the back door, and it worked, thank goodness. I was thinking how lucky we were it wasn't a skunk!

Vicki,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Forrest Gump can apply to all situations in life!

I walked out the door to go fishing at 5am this morning and was stopped in my tracks by a skunk sitting by my truck. I did a 180 like "Helllll no". Had to wait inside for 5 more minutes until he wandered on!

JDSupreme,

lwien

I was thinking how lucky we were it wasn't a skunk!

Which reminds me. We had Lab/Golden mix. Her name was Saba. So we were having a nice quiet evening after dinner when all of a sudden, she was going nuts and pawing at the front door. I was like, what the hell, and went to front door, looked through the peep hole and didn't see anything, so, and this was a BIG mistake, I opened the front door and Saba immediately ran out...........full steam. That's all I saw. So I turned around to kinda ask my ex what in the hell just happened when all of a sudden, I heard this whimper and Saba came running full steam back into the house. I closed the door, and then it hit us...............full skunk smell. She got skunked, big time and she was whimpering and rubbing her nose on the carpet. Thank God we had these huge cans of tomato juice. Seeing her in the bathtub, covered in tomato juice and looking at us like, "What the fuck just happened to me", was a sight I can still remember like yesterday. Poor doogie......

Top Bottom