QWISO vaping...what am I doing wrong?

cherryduck

Hi guys and girls. I've made QWISO a couple of times now, I add the VG/PG mix and evaporate it off. I've got a couple of problems though.

Firstly, as it evaporates it always leaves residue on the side of the mug, I can scrape this up painstakingly with a knife and dump it back in the oil but it doesn't mix in.

Which leads to my second problem. The oil condenses out of the mixture so i end up with lots of lumps of oil in the VG/PG mix instead of being mixed in. I've tried heating it gently for a couple of hours with frequent mixing and it just stays in clumps.

I'm using 1.5ml of VG/PG for every 1g of plant matter.

cherryduck,

horst

horsed
I would guess a simple VG/PG solution can't handle a 1.5:1 ratio.

In this thread http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/my-secret-to-thc-e-cig-pg-liquid-potent-effective-cheap-easy.6287/ the problem is discussed deeply.
Guess you need more VG/PG to carry your QWISO or try PEG400 instead of PG/VG. PEG400 taste is a little nasty but solves your QWISO much better. If you can't stand the taste you need to try EJmix, Puff Majic etc, these are Liquids specially blended to solve concentrates at low ratios. Just browse the link to get a clue.

Good luck!

cherryduck

I got EJMix which finally did the trick but I'm still having problems.

With 2g dry flower I ended up with 0.5g oil, returns of 25%. Mixed this with 0.5ml EJmix and gave it a bash. Now I've done plenty of research and I've seen all over the place people saying it only takes one or two hits, and some guy said an 8th lasts him a week this way. For me, I had to bash it 10 times before I felt anything and then had to keep topping up. Did hit a good real high though. So my 0.5ml of oil only ended up lasting two sessions.

I've tried with 4g hash and got 1g oil back so again returns of 25%. With this stuff, it tastes fucking nasty and makes me cough like a bitch, and I have to hit it constantly to get sorta high. My face feels a bit weird but my mind stays pretty clear, and I could converse with a shop assistant without them ever thinking I was on anything. I stay at this level no matter how much I hit it. This 1ml of e-cig juice is looking again to only last 2 or 3 sessions and it never gives me a full high, I seem to hit a plateau of "not very" and stay there.

I've wasted so much stuff trying to make a good e-cig juice, I'm on the edge of giving up and just going back to smoking joints. Any clues on where I might be going wrong?

cherryduck,

cherryduck

First time round I sat it in a shot glass in a water bath at 50C but it took about two days to evaporate off.

The past couple of times I've sat it in a hot water bath in a mug with a fan going over the top, takes about 2 hours to evaporate.

cherryduck,

fogvalley

Dark vaper
I use everclear and once tried hot water and thought it came out weaker, might have been the flowersz though.

fogvalley,

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
I like a very shallow dish for evap, like a plate or pyrex dish. A thin layer will dry much faster and leave a nicer end product IME.

What kind of filtering are you doing after wash? maybe some potency getting lost somewhere? Seems like 25% return is so high ( on flower) I may suspect lots of contaminants if it were my run lol. Is it clear shatter or dark thick oil?

I don't pretend to be any kind of expert, but ISO and a hair iron are all I have for tek atm, so I have played with it some and am happy to help if I can

GuyLeDuche,

howie105

cherryduck: I've wasted so much stuff trying to make a good e-cig juice, I'm on the edge of giving up and just going back to smoking joints. Any clues on where I might be going wrong?

The honest truth is vapeing is not for everyone. So in the spirit of the whole herb thing go make yourself happy and light it up.

howie105,

cherryduck

I like a very shallow dish for evap, like a plate or pyrex dish. A thin layer will dry much faster and leave a nicer end product IME.

What kind of filtering are you doing after wash? maybe some potency getting lost somewhere? Seems like 25% return is so high ( on flower) I may suspect lots of contaminants if it were my run lol. Is it clear shatter or dark thick oil?

I don't pretend to be any kind of expert, but ISO and a hair iron are all I have for tek atm, so I have played with it some and am happy to help if I can

I filter it through cleaning cloths, this kinda stuff

Ramon%20Lightweight%20Blue%20cleaning%20Cloths.jpg

With flower it's a fairly light green when it's spread out, and a fairly dark green when it's collected up.

With hash it's a very dark, almost black thick goop.

Last edited:
cherryduck,

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
Hmm, those are meant to be absorbent , that may be an issue...
I put a cheesecloth over the container with ISO/flower in it then dump it into a white coffee filter. That keeps the material exposed to the alcohol the minimum amount of time as anything over 30sec IME just adds to the chlorophyll leaching into your oil. Also pre-wet your filters with clean ISO so the THC laden stuff can pass through easier, not get caught up in the dry filter.

I suspect those towels are hurting you, holding the goodies and letting nasties through...

GuyLeDuche,
Reactions: smokum
Top Bottom