Quickest Drying of Herbs

JDR

I'm wondering if folks could catalog their drying techniques, with an emphasis on the speedy. Did someone around here say something about using the fridge and herbs in a glass jar to release moisture? Anybody used <gasp> a microwave?

JDR,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've tried every method once I believe, even the microwave. Don't do that.

The best way, or perhaps I should say, the least worst way, I only discover once I got in to vaping: just throw it in a vape & bomb it with hot air!

I love vaping fresh weed, and after a hit or two or three it's just as dry as properly cured weed. I really don't get it when I see people post that properly dried weed vapes best :shrug:

Edward Hyde

i'm really interested on that also.i feel that dried weed should be better to vape and for sure easier to fine grind. some times i wrap mine with a piece of newspaper and after some hours is pretty dried. i think the best way is by curing which think is putting the weed in a glass jar for the next days after its cut and keeping the jar closed for some hours,then open it for an hour,close it again for some hours and repeating that for 3-5 days.

Edward Hyde,
i'm really interested on that also.i feel that dried weed should be better to vape and for sure easier to fine grind. some times i wrap mine with a piece of newspaper and after some hours is pretty dried. i think the best way is by curing which think is putting the weed in a glass jar for the next days after its cut and keeping the jar closed for some hours,then open it for an hour,close it again for some hours and repeating that for 3-5 days.
Easiest, fastest way to cure bud, without effecting flavor, etc.

Put it in a mason jar (or other airtight glass). Stick it in the refrigerator, until you see moisture clouding up the glass (you will get a LOT more moisture, when you remove it from the fridge). Remove the jar, dump your herb out on a plate, let it and the jar return to room temperature. Moisture from the herb, built up on the glass and was pulled more to the surface of the herb. Repeat the process, until you get it, to where you want it. You can remove an exceptional amount of moisture, in a very short period, using this method.

Please note I stole this word-for-word from BigDaddyVape.....sometimes you gotta stand on the shoulders of giants......

ShipDit,
Reactions: Vicki

OF

Microwave won't cut it, but the toaster oven will. Keep the temperature low (say 140 or so ?) and open it up 'to let the steam out'. The heat it a bit more. That's the fastest I know but I'm still a fan of 'overnight in a paper bag' so what do I know?

A smart move might be to get some quantity curing normally so you don't have to improvise in the future?

Good luck.

OF

OF,

OO

Technical Skeptical
If the onus is on getting it in a jar faster, there are these things called humidity packs. a company called boveda makes them and they have a 2 way absorption/release property. so you can toss freshly trimmed in a jar with a pack, and it will quickly dry it, and keep it at the relative humidity indicated on the pack. they make many, most like the 62% RH.

OO,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Quickest way would ruin your herb, Microwave is the worst idea ever...a bulb light isn't good either

When I had some stuff soaking wet (40%) 24g that because 16g I used a dark room and a fan on the herb, when there was daylight I used a zip lock bad and I put the herb with a piece of carton.
I did this 3 days in a row...
Of course you can use the earth wind...but if the stuff is a little bit wet then I just put it in my wooden drawer in a wooden bowl and leave it for the night or 24 hours...this is the purest way to keep it untouched...yeah you can also use the air conditioner that also make the air dry and therefore it helps...but I like natural ways...

Regardless, what is really great about vaping is that even a wet herb is good ... because we immediately warm it up the herb won't suffer any THC loss.

m0sh,
Top Bottom