questions about the SSV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

i have a question regarding the glass connection, is the original glass joint more effective at vaping your herb then the ground glass. because if you look at the heater cover carefully the original glass has a bigger bend which looks as if it restricts more airflow then the ground glass heater cover.

*****the area in question is the bend********

heres an example.

/////////////// ) ///////////////
/ ( l / )
/ ( l / ^ (Ol
/ ( / / / ----- /
/ ////// / /
/ / / /
/ / / /
/ / / /
/ / / /

ground glass standard

does the direct airflow of the original joint burn the herb more effectively then the more broad stream of the ground glass?

Fire,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
does the direct airflow of the original joint burn the herb more effectively then the more broad stream of the ground glass?
If it BURNS the herb you're doing it wrong. Sorry but let's get the terminology right.

To address your question, I don't think it's about the bend. More about the size of the hole. The smaller hole provides a more focused stream of hot air. Some believe it produces a more concentrated vapor but it also means you have to stir the bowl a bit more often to achieve an even cook.

It's comes down to personal preference. The standard provides a bit more control/tactile involvement and the standard is easier for a beginner/lazy person.

Nice ascii art. :rofl:

vtac,

Fire

Well, im not new to vaporizers my friend has a pd and ive had a peice of shit digi vape for over a year that is ground glass. The problem with it is it takes forever to heat up and barely releases the vapors even when on full temp. I am used to holding my whip to constantly to feel if its hot enough, and stir my bowls. i think im going with the standard glass joint. anyone tried there water coolers the ones with the triple tree diffuser? are they thick glass?

Fire,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom