Questions about compassion club hash

chris 71

hi i get to go to a compasion club for the first time this weekend. got my doc to sign the form for me. they have on there menu somme hash afgan and lebenese.
i remember getting gold seal and red lebenese when i was a lot younger and it was awesome stuff, then as the years went buy the hash and oils changed to just crap and i stopped buying them. and switched to bud only for a long time now.
so im wondering if anybody knows is the hash at the clubs is the real deal like in the old days i would love to get some if it is.
but dont wanna be getting the crap stuff. also what about the oil. my lungs arent what they used to be im vaping about half the time now or better.
been reading that hash vapes pretty good but i dont wanna spend the money on something that isnt gonna work as well as the bud. any imput from you guys would be great thanks

chris 71,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Some vapes handle hash a lot better then other vapes, it would help to know which vape(s) you use.

I like to mix the two of them together in a bowl myself. I find I get more satisfying results that way in terms of cloud-density & flavor, but it also has a bit to do with personal preference probably & the quality of the hash & bud are also important factors of course.

Oils can be used in most vapes using a little piece of unbleached cotton from a q-tip to soak some up & then use that to vape.

Concentrates are murder for your tolerance unless used with modesty though, try keeping that in mind if you decide to go that way.

OhTheAgony,

chris 71

thanks OTA im using the solo vaporizer. which i like very much.
yes i have thought about the tolerance thing too but was also thinking more potent mite mean having to take in a lot less smoke?

chris 71,

djonkoman

I would just buy a small amount to try it out, that's what I do too at the coffeeshops here, sometimes I stick with something I know I like, but sometimes I just try out something that sounds/looks good, only 5 or 10 euro worth.

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah, the Solo works great with the oil/cotton swab method, but I'm not so sure how it would work with straight hash. To be honest I never felt like trying it in mine, I'd be worried that it would clog up the little air-inlet holes. I did try some once folded inside a large stainless steel screen but that didn't really work. But perhaps other users do have good experience with it, I'd do a little search on 'hash' in the Solo thread if I were you. I'm not entirely up to date on that thread anymore myself.

& of course you could just use smaller amounts to keep your tolerance low, that may require a little more disciplining then I poses though.. :tup:

OhTheAgony,

chris 71

ok thanks guys, i just did some searching on the solo thread, and yes vaping hash or oil should work well.
im pretty excited about going tommorow, i do hope the hash is like i remember from long ago.
im in ontario and it was about 25 years ago that i remember the gold seal and leb red from. and it was powerful medicine.
i know from reading hear on the forum that the oil should be good and powerful stuff. but im wondering if the hashes that are called afgan or lebenese are really that or made locally just using simialar methods, which im sure are pretty good. but im kinda wishing, hoping that its what i remember from long ago.

chris 71,

SD_haze

ok thanks guys, i just did some searching on the solo thread, and yes vaping hash or oil should work well.
im pretty excited about going tommorow, i do hope the hash is like i remember from long ago.
im in ontario and it was about 25 years ago that i remember the gold seal and leb red from. and it was powerful medicine.
i know from reading hear on the forum that the oil should be good and powerful stuff. but im wondering if the hashes that are called afgan or lebenese are really that or made locally just using simialar methods, which im sure are pretty good. but im kinda wishing, hoping that its what i remember from long ago.
Best test to see if the hash is potent is to see if a small piece bubbles as you gradually heat it with a lighter. Planty hash won't bubble and will just cash fire.

SD_haze,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
solo and pure hash will work just fine...you just have to break it prior to inserting it in the stem! Big thick clouds I guarantee!

FLskwat,

chris 71

just reporting back. thanks for the imput guys.
so i tried straight hash and it worked fine. im using my solo through a bong, its used upside down so no worries of the material falling into the air holes in the unit.
the only thing is, after maybe 6 draws it was still producing vapor. i took the very small amount that i fluffed up first and i was able to stick it back together hardly different then when i put it in, so its kinda hard to tell when its spent. taste was awesome.

chris 71,

djonkoman

it probably wasn't spent yet, wich hash did you get? I most often vape nepal(hash), wich is black and soft like afghan, and in that case as long as it feels a bit sticky/sticks together, it isn't spent yet. when it is spent it will be a dry powder.

when I vape hash(with the underdog or vaporgenie), I start with a few hits with the hash in in chunks, to soften it up, these hits are flavorfull but often no, or little, visible vapor, then I stir it/ fluff it up. then it starts giving plenty of vapor.
whenever it starts giving less vapor, stir it.
3 sigs that it's spent:
-the taste changes obviously(not towards ash/combustion, but more like how ABV smells)
-it gives no/very little vapor
-it's dry and powdery(any chunks turns to dust when crushing with nail or so)(this is less obvious for other hashes that aren't as sticky or soft in their unvaped form)

hash lasts pretty long if you're vaporizing, if I use my VG with friends they're often offering a refill, saying it's spent, and I open it, stir it up and pull out a cloud of vapor, and it still lasts plenty of turns around the circle. (although, in this case, it's also in part due to my friends' lesser experience with the VG)
and if I let someone else fill my VG, I can often still vape from it the next day(since they cover the entire screen with chunks, wich seems little if you're used to putting twice or thrice that in one joint)

djonkoman,

chris 71

hey djonkoman, thanks for the tips. thats a good idea to use the heat from the first few draws through the vape to fluff it up.
i ended up doing like you suggested. i got a small amount of three different types. afghan, lebenese and bubble hash. i hope to try something like the nepal too if i its ever avalilble.
they all seem to have individual Characteristic and effects.
another thing i found out is the old world hashes have about the highest amounts of cbd and cbn which should be very good for me.
i am ejoying having the three types to compare, and compare with bud as well.
i can honestly say i feel how the effects differ from the higher thc type buds, and i can feel how the higher cbd smooths out the high thc effects for a more mellow buzz.

chris 71,
Top Bottom