Question about vaporizing herb

drseuss

So i have just been dropped off some nuggets of Skunk No.1, the thing is they are really wet, i.e green and fresh, they have not dried at all. As it is pretty dry round here I ground one of them up and put it into my vaporiser*. The thing is it is a really nice smoke, a little green tasting, but a really nice indica stoned. So I am now wondering, do i bother waiting 1-2 weeks to dry and cure it properly or do I just go ahead and vape it now? Will it be much stronger if I wait? or, am I getting all the THC out of it that I would be anyway?

(*I have a Vapir ONE Air, i know they dont come in for much love round here but I got mine last year and was able to pick it up for $150 including getting it shipped to me in the UK, at the time it worked out at about 75 which is all I had to spend on it at the time)

drseuss,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Vaping it wet will produce a stronger flavor, but give you less actives per bowl.

Id vape some wet, and put some somewhere warm and dry to dry out over night.

Survivalism,
yup dry is good! As our lovely tree dries the "green" thc gains(or maybe loses one or the other) a carbon molecule(decarboxylization or something like that) that turns it into the brain medicine(delta nine tetrahydrocannabinol) we all know and love. So, while fresh stuff will get you high dried will produce more visible vapor with more "usable" goodness in it as far as i am aware. Peace and pea soup to you!

thevapedcrusader,

graywulf

CBD (high ratio of this stuff in indica) is not psychoactive but has effects. It can isomerize (same atoms, different molecule) into THC.

THCA (THC-Acid which is inactive) can be decarboxylized (remove the carboxyl group, COOH) to form THC.

To be honest I'm not sure how either of these are induced. I'm guessing drying it out breaks some of the carboxyl atoms, but I'm clueless as to how isomerization happens.

graywulf,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i definitely prefer to vape cured bud -- the high is better/stronger and there is no water vapor to condense inside the whip.

But there's nothing as good as a vape to sample a fresh bud (if you must).

Hippie Dickie,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
thevapedcrusader said:
yup dry is good! As our lovely tree dries the "green" thc gains(or maybe loses one or the other) a carbon molecule(decarboxylization or something like that) that turns it into the brain medicine(delta nine tetrahydrocannabinol) we all know and love. So, while fresh stuff will get you high dried will produce more visible vapor with more "usable" goodness in it as far as i am aware. Peace and pea soup to you!
actually it is heat that does the decarboxylation not drying it.

DeepFried,

marcuss

above the clouds
hehe...I'm sampling some one week old JCD#1 from DP and Chocolope from DNA...this two strains are simply amazing when vaporized, also if they are still too wet for a smoke test...here an other point for us vaporists!
I love the wet herb high for its clear and powerful effect....i'm quite sure that decarboxylation occours when you vaporize it or smoke it...no matter if it is wet or dry....correct me if i'm wrong!

I don't really need a well cured bud to get bigger clouds and high.......i usually keep the pop corn buds and some frosted leaves for emergency to vaporize and i don't see a big difference compared to a cured or bigger bud...but this is subjective.
To me the trichs do the trick:brow:

Enjoy your vapor!

marcuss,
ok i stand corrected but whatever is going on, in my experience freshly harvested tree has nowhere near the punch as properly dried goods. Of course it is nice to get a sneak preview of new flavours before its "ready" sampling some fresh picked webbed indica x blue haze and some double gum as we speak! I love vapor! Peace and sweet fat greasy clouds to you all!

thevapedcrusader,

marcuss

above the clouds
well.......like a good wine if you can wait a bit you'll get a ever better product (within one year) with all the right flavor and no clorophill....but man my mouth is watering earing those strain as well....thank you God for the holy herb! :peace:

marcuss,
Top Bottom