Question about tincture/lollipops

iceman

Hi everyone!

I have saved up about an ounce of abv and was looking to make something cool with it, and i decided lollipops! So i've been researching and looking around and I think I have come to the best possible plan. Tell me if this will work.

Grind ABV into fine powder, immerse in Everclear.

-This is where my first question arises...i've seen people say you have to leave it in there for monthes, and others are quick washing it....what should I do?

Strain then evap down the ever clear until it is about 3/4 of a shot.

Start making candy, when sugar solution is at 240, turn off stove (gas stove, don't want any explosions from the boiling alcohol), then pour the abv/everclear solution into the hot boiling sugar mixture. The high heat will boil away the alcohol quickly and the thc will distribute into the sugar solution. I was also thinking of making butterscotch because it has butter in it, and thc will bind with the butter better than the sugar right?

Anyway once the alcohol has boiled away, turn stove back on, and finish cooking candy.

What do you think?

Also, how many "doses" should I expect? I can't find any answers regarding potency on here anywhere.

Thanks!

iceman,

lepstadder

Cant speak for the candy recipe part but everything else is good

With 190 proof Everclear you dont need to let it soak for long, 30 mins is fine, or months wont hurt

With a solvent that strong it will strip the actives fairly quickly

As far as doses go with an ounce

depends on how much ABV you have in each lollipop and how strong the ABV is

for example if you could get properly medicated from a gram of ABV and you make 25-30 Lollipops then 1 pop would be a dose

and so on

lepstadder,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
lepstadder pretty much covered it.

i'm doing a quick wash nowadays.
warm the solvent and shake with abv for <1 minute, strain
i am now evaporating my everclear tincture to as thick as i can get it and have it still be useable - think syrupy.
less alcohol = less violent reaction during mix - in
and you should use some candy flavoring (not mccormick's extract - real candy flavor) and mix that in at the same time

240 should yield a softer taffy like candy, the temperature for hard candies like lollipops is higher 260 maybe??

you could do butterscotch i suppose, but i have no experience with that. the last candy i tried was an attempt at taffy which failed and ended up as a grainy hard candy. I took the fully evaporated everclear tincture - goo really, and mixed it with the warm butter in the recipe. understand, however that most hard candy recipes do not have butter in them, it may change the texture. it's also kind of a pain to get it mixed in. everclear seems to be the best method.

as for dosing, i just weigh my abv then divide it by the number of lollipops. not scientific, but if you know about how much is in each, you can sorta figure the dosing from there. whatever you do start small.

there are a bunch of candy posts on here - good stuff.

good luck!

herbgirl,
Top Bottom