Question about CBD

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
(this isn't so much about the CBD flower I specifically bought, but about the umbrella "industrial hemp" term, that can be bought online in all 50 states)

I read an article and in it it states: industrial hemp products containing no more than 0.3 percent THC are legal to be produced, sold and possessed in the state. CBD products derived from marijuana, which contains far more THC, the intoxicating substance in pot, remain illegal.

I bought CBD flower from Starseed Botanicals (https://starseedbotanicals.com/collections/frontpage) and it looks, feels, and smells just like the Colorado THC flower I've had when I visited.

What I'm wondering is, is the stuff I bought the same as CBD flower that would be found in medical dispensaries more or less, in terms of its CBD effects, or is this "industrial hemp" something of a knockoff that doesn't do much?

The wording on their FAQ is what's a bit confusing because it sounds like it came from the same plant.. We sell Industrial Hemp and other botanicals. According to 7 U.S.C. §5940, the term “industrial hemp” means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of such plant, whether growing or not, with a Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta-9 THC) concentration of not more than 0.3% on a dry weight basis as shown by the Certificate of Analysis available on our “Lab Result” page, this hemp flower has a Delta-9 THC level on a dry weight basis less than or equal to 0.3% maximum level and, therefore, this flower is hemp, not marijuana, and is perfectly legal to possess.

Is it from the same marijuana plant, or not? :S

3dfx-glide,
Reactions: CVC4455

Vaporware

They’re the same species, “industrial hemp” is just different strains bred to have very low THC to satisfy the silly rule that requires them to contain less that 0.3% THC.

I think the industry has moved in the direction of higher CBD because that isn’t specifically restricted and it still has a lot of value (financially and otherwise).

The effects will not be too similar to what you got in Colorado, but it should still help you mentally and physically. Just look up CBD’s effects. There’s a lot of info out there now that there’s a growing market for it!

darbarikanada

according to this article, the amount of THC in products labeled as exclusively CBD is pretty unpredictable. I imagine that a CBD product advertised as having negligible THC purchased in a local dispensary would be more likely to have higher than advertised THC than something being marketed nationally since selling something with above-legal THC to a non-legal state would leave them open to legal trouble.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/25/...action=click&module=Discovery&pgtype=Homepage

Last edited:
Top Bottom