Quartz broke. Is safe?

The toy arrived today and I already broke it. Lol I wonder if it's safe to use it anyway. Since it was there. I leave a photo below. Thank you

N1ghtWalker,

herbivore21

The toy arrived today and I already broke it. Lol I wonder if it's safe to use it anyway. Since it was there. I leave a photo below. Thank you

Looking at the break, it seems like it might eventually lead to multiple pieces in the end. If you are prepared to run the risk of the dish potentially falling apart during use, then it'll still be safe to use. Might get much less efficient vaporization though since the thermal properties will be quite different. Be careful using additional heat to compensate for this since you might end up causing damage from the expansion of the titanium which results.

Broken quartz shards in the airpath are an obvious major risk if you are hitting it dry, but if you are using a water piece which it looks like there, and if the perc especially has fine slits or holes for percolation, the risk is very limited of health hazard.

You can bet all of our collective behinds that such broken quartz shards could potentially break your rig if some came loose and was sucked through the nail intake!

How did you break it out of interest? Torch cleaning? Over-tightening the retaining nut?

herbivore21,
Thanks for the advice. That's what I thought. I left in a stupid way. I tightened the screw too tight. And I just realized I had chipped when I used it the first time. Then he released the screw.

N1ghtWalker,
Top Bottom