Purple Days, Woodeez, or Myrtlezap

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfloopa

Vappy
Hey guys, I was looking into getting a new vape (my first real one, after an Easy Vape), and something that is highly efficient and uses very small amounts of weed is perfect for me. It is also very discreet, and very simple. I was just wondering if there are any real differences between them? They all seem to be the exact same product with different prices and woods. Wood type really doesn't matter to me as long as it doesn't affect the flavor, but that is the main difference I have seen between them.

So I guess, prices and brand loyalties aside, what are the real differences between these three (or any other "log style") vaperizers? Are they all equally efficient? Are some bowls larger than others? (I prefer the smallest/most efficient--I am a real lightweight, and portion control is important to me when smoking alone.) Is one safer than the others? I know all three are now RoHS compliant, but is that all there is? Any other questions a newbie to vapes should know?

P.S. Sorry if this is a repost--I couldn't find anything recent that covered all of them. Most people just say PD, and that it has alternatives, but don't really get into details.

mrfloopa,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
This is something that has been gone over many times, the most recently here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4604

I think you will find a lot of info here. You are right about one thing; there are fans in each group who will say that their vape is the best. It's up to you to decide what's best for you. Good luck in your search. ;)

momofthegoons,

djonkoman

I myself also plan on buying a log vaoe somewhere in the future(but could take a while), but for me the choice is simple, since woodeez is the only one that delivers outside the united states as far as I know:p(I live in the netherlands)

djonkoman,

mrfloopa

Vappy
Thanks mom. I didn't search for something close on here, I guess, and google didn't help.

Your link looks perfect, though! Thanks a ton.

mrfloopa,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
You could also consider the Magic Flight Launch Box with the power adapter for about 158.00. As a consensus It is just as efficient and IMO more efficient than log vapes. You can load a trench and just take a single small hit and then another hit a few hours later or a day later, your one trench could last you several days.

Launch Box with power adapter is fully temperature adjustable and is a great portable if you ever need to take it with you some where. It is also very fast, stealthy and discrete. I own several log vapes and several launch boxes and to me there is no comparison, the Launch Box rulez!

DeepFried,

mrfloopa

Vappy
Thanks, Deepfriend, but I was specifically asking about 3 specific vapes, and one specific type of vape.

Anyway, posts like this have a tendency to show up on google before the stuff that has any useful information. So.. if that is how you got here, just click the link above. :D

mrfloopa,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
yeah 500+ posts but I ended up here from google LOL, just trying to broaden your tunnel vision. I'll go back to google now thanks.

DeepFried,

lwien

DeepFried said:
I own several log vapes and several launch boxes and to me there is no comparison, the Launch Box rulez!

And I have no doubt that there are others who would prefer a PD/MZ over an LB.

But I do have a question. To me, several means more than 5. A "few" would be like 2-4. Why do you own "several" log vapes, and "several Launch Boxes" ?

lwien,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
The same reason why I have several kinds of tomato sauce in my pantry, variety is the spice of life. Some of those spices are just dust collectors now though.

DeepFried,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
I can't tell you which is the best for you. That's totally for you to decide.

That being said, I read about all of them and decided the PD was the best for me. :)

CombustionJunction,
I don't have a log vape.
But I think the PD is the best.

The PD website has something about a better heat diffuser. Why don't MZ or WZ mention anything about their heat diffusers?

Also, it looks like the MZ originally had an LED light and brass fittings. The PD has no LED (which will eventually fail) and has no brass (and is thus RoHS compliant).
Now you can buy the MZ without an LED and no brass fittings. But it looks like the MZ is following in the footsteps of the PD.

There is little info on the WZ. Except that the guy sells overseas. The PD and MZ are only available in US. So if there is a strong international demand, the WZ should be on a nice earner.

The PD guy has said upfront that his product will take 4 - 6 weeks to supply.
In business terms, you would have thought that's rather like saying 'don't buy from me'.
But I think it is more an indication of how popular the inventor and his product is.

I can't get the PD.
And I'm not sure if the WZ is really available overseas.
People are discussing this point on the WZ thread now.

So I say, go for the PD if you're in the States.
Why not even pick up the rarest piece of wood you can find and then send it to the PD guy to make your vape?
I think you'll have to email him first though.
But its an opportunity to have a unique, handmade piece of wood which sits as a vase or diffuser, and when the cats away, you can vape with it!!

Vapemania-original,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom